THE HISTORY OF THE COMPUTER GROUP

rainbow

EOG Master
Re: THE HISTORY OF THE COMPUTER GROUP

RAIN,

DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIASCO THE YEAR JIM FEIST FIRST CAME OUT WITH HIS SCHEDULE?????

WE ALWAYS ORDERED FROM JK SPORTS SCHEDULE........IT WAS LIKE $100 A YEAR FOR 6 SCHEDULES FOR ALL THE SPORTS.........SO WE ALWAYS ORDERED LIKE 100 SCHEDULES TO GIVE TO OUR CUSTOMERS AND USE FOR OURSELVES.......THIS WAS THE OFFICIAL ROTATION.....

ONE YEAR JIM FIEST DECIDED TO GO INTO THE SCHEDULE BUSINESS......HE MANAGED TO LOCK UP MOST OF THE VEGAS BOOKS..........JK SPORTS STILL HAD THE EAST COAST BOOKMAKERS.......ALL OF A SUDDEN GUYS WOULD CALL FOR A GAME AND YOU WOULD SAY GAME 11 IS 7 1/2......GUY WOULD SAY ARE YOU SURE XXXX HAS THE GAME 14.......THEN WE REALIZED WHAT WAS HAPPENING.........SO WE ORDERED FEISTS SCHEDULES AND HAD BOTH ON OUR DESKS WHEN WE WORKED, UNTIL FEIST WON OUT AND JK DISAPPEARED........

STRAISAND SANG IT BEST..............MEMORIES........
WOW, I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT, I REMEMBER RUNNING A BUNCH OF COPIES OFF AND PASSING THEM OUT TO THE CUSTOMERS TO BOOT, IT WAS REALLY A MESS, BUT I STILL MISS THEM OLD DAYS...

rainbow

EOG Master

REMEMBER ONE DAY APPLEMAN CALLED AND SAID WHAT DO YOU HAVE MONTE.......I QUOTED HIM A LINE AND HE SAID GIVE ME MONTE FOR THE MAX.......

2 MINUTES LATER HE CALLED AND SAID WHAT DID I GIVE HIM.....I SAID YOU HAVE MONTEFUSCO FOR XXXXX............HE SAID I WAS FUCKING WITH YOU I WANTED TO SEE IF I COULD GET MONTE-AL (MONTREAL) PAST YOU............
I HEARD MICKEY IS STILL PLAYING, HE WAS FAR FROM BEING A SUCKER...

The Devil

EOG Master

MICKEY WAS ALWAYS SHARP......AN ALWAYS HAD PEOPLE THAT WOULD BACK HIM WHEN HE WENT BAD.............

rainbow

EOG Master

MICKEY WAS ALWAYS SHARP......AN ALWAYS HAD PEOPLE THAT WOULD BACK HIM WHEN HE WENT BAD.............
HE HAS SOMEONE BACKING RIGHT NOW, I WOULD HAVE REPLIED EARLIER, BUT I HAD TO GO BUY MY WIFE SOMETHING FOR VALENTINES DAY...

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

I saw Appleman at a WSOP event last summer(went to watch a friend play), and asked him, "Mr.Appleman, is Mr. Baxter in this particuliar tourney?", he wasn't, but I can't help but think when I see him..Harpo Marx With A Headband.

Mickey once asked an uncle of mine in LV while betting sports upon seeing his schedule in hand at the window, where did he get that schedule, and was told that my father used to blow up schedules and cut the teams & rotation numbers off the blowup, then put them in the middle of 11x17 accounting spreadsheets, with smartmarks to left of teams & Book lines/changes to the right..a job I learned to do for allowance when very young.

P.S. Wiseguys loved betting Monty Hall as a dog, and were also fond of Giant's John "The Count" Montefusco.

Last edited:

The Devil

EOG Master

FIRST TIME I MET MICKEY (MY PARTNER USED TO SETTLE WITH HIM) WAS TOLD TO MEET HIM ON A CERTAIN CORNER.......SO I GO TO THE CORNER AND HAVE TO PICK UP A BIG PACKAGE FROM A GUY I NEVER MET......

I'M STANDING THERE AND THIS HIPPY TYPE WITH JEANS AND WHAT APPEARS TO BE A CLERKS JACKET (ONE OF THOSE LIGHT BROWN JOBBERS) SAYS ARE YOU EAGLE??? I SAY YES, HE HANDS ME A BROWN PAPER BAG AND SAYS NICE MEETING YOU.......BOOM GONE......

The Devil

EOG Master

HE HAS SOMEONE BACKING RIGHT NOW, I WOULD HAVE REPLIED EARLIER, BUT I HAD TO GO BUY MY WIFE SOMETHING FOR VALENTINES DAY...

PROBABLY STILL THE SAME GENTLEMAN THAT WAS MENTIONED A POST OR TWO UP...........

The Devil

EOG Master

HORSESHOE, THOSE WERE FUN DAYS WHEN WE ALL NEEDED SCHEDULES TO WRITE THE LINES ON.....NOW WE HIT A FEW BUTTONS AND THEY ARE ALL IN FRONT OF US, NO WORRIES ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF SPACE.........NO TRYING TO CHART ON THE GAME BELOW.......

sharp gambler

EOG Member

I wish we can all go back to our apartments and write. Great stories guys. Lederer work with JC(kosher) backin 95-96 also. It's also crazy how alot of these "sharps" go broke so many times and make a recovery. BW was a broke ass car salesman before he struck gold..and don't like naming names but a few of your top notch books have all been broke before. I've personally gone broke 3 times already(not fun)...but once you've made the money..there is always someone who will help you get back on top. This biz is not for the faint of heart..we're all gamblers..but it's a hell of alot of fun sometimes.:dancefool

The Devil

EOG Master

I wish we can all go back to our apartments and write. Great stories guys. Lederer work with JC(kosher) backin 95-96 also. It's also crazy how alot of these "sharps" go broke so many times and make a recovery. BW was a broke ass car salesman before he struck gold..and don't like naming names but a few of your top notch books have all been broke before. I've personally gone broke 3 times already(not fun)...but once you've made the money..there is always someone who will help you get back on top. This biz is not for the faint of heart..we're all gamblers..but it's a hell of alot of fun sometimes.:dancefool

VERY TRUE SHARP.......I ALWAYS SAY I HAVE BEEN A MILLIONAIRE 13 TIMES AND BROKE 14.............

sharp gambler

EOG Member

VERY TRUE SHARP.......I ALWAYS SAY I HAVE BEEN A MILLIONAIRE 13 TIMES AND BROKE 14.............

I laugh..but had the box filled with 2 and all I have left is rotted rubberbands. It's true when they preach..discipline..one day I'll learn...:+clueless

Great first post sharp gambler and welcome to EOG...

It seems like almost every successful name in this industry has been broke at one time or another...

I'll NEVER forget that feeling either...

Nor do I ever want to go back to that time and place either, a thought which helps motivate me...

THE SHRINK

beenthere

EOG Member

Many of the guys that you are talk about wouldnt like seeing their names here. but they were the best.

beenthere

EOG Member

Ill tell you a story.I was invited to have dinner with bw and he told us that he bet a million dollars on a 350,000 bank roll,to the best of my recollection it was auburn in a bowl game,he had to dodge 4 passes in the endzone from the 10.Won and went on something like 67% win streak. bw could have been another bum instead of the man.
At that same dinner,bw said he was betting over 100 a game in college baskets and NO ONE knew he was betting except the guys taking the bet.I would give Jigsaw the plays from an unknown who was on the biggest winning streak you ever saw.He was unbeatable,his dog died and that was that.If I was only young again and had the balls to play like my friends.I was 1 of 4 at the start with zee,nba play we all got it at once.
People always thought danny and koshers bet the most in baseball.Well,there was a group that bet twice as much as them..They had a book that made their owe lines and gave them 500 a game and never moved their number.Their numbers were usually way off at start,not like any of the industry numbers.The pennies earned were more like 20 and 30 cents off.team A opened 125 the industry number,other book opened game pick,more often then not the koshers pushed it upwards 30 32 followers 37 41 then 300 bet bringing back to 28 up again back or up depending how much to earn.their names never mentioned only danny

beenthere

EOG Member

i finally know who you are devil,still working on you rainbow.
almost always agree with what ever you guys say.

The Devil

EOG Master

THING ABOUT THE OLD DAYS AND EVEN TODAY.......WITH THE GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD TIMES.......THE POCKETS FULL AND THE POCKETS EMPTY......I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING...........NO REGRETS HERE, NEVER WAS ASHAMED OF MY PROFESSION AND I CAN ACTUALLY SAY.........RIGHT OR WRONG......................"I DID IT MY WAY".............

beenthere,

Since I also met BW several times and it's no secret I admire him although he is ruthless at times, I'd be curious to hear your what you thought of BW?

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Who is a rat? Lederer? This is a serious allegation and I am surprised no one else said nothing about it.
Once that ephitat is thrown out there.....very few wish to be asociated with or tainted by such talk. Very seldom do very few, outside of the principals, actually know the true score in these situations....very flamable and few desire to get burned.

Krackman

EOG Senior Member

Jeez.. fellas, I sure hope there is a statue of limitations on most of the stuff in this thread in these trying times.

devilmann

EOG Addicted

great stories here ... way before my time but I always like to read about the history.

Ill tell you a story.I was invited to have dinner with bw and he told us that he bet a million dollars on a 350,000 bank roll,to the best of my recollection it was auburn in a bowl game,he had to dodge 4 passes in the endzone from the 10.Won and went on something like 67% win streak. bw could have been another bum instead of the man.
At that same dinner,bw said he was betting over 100 a game in college baskets and NO ONE knew he was betting except the guys taking the bet.I would give Jigsaw the plays from an unknown who was on the biggest winning streak you ever saw.He was unbeatable,his dog died and that was that.If I was only young again and had the balls to play like my friends.I was 1 of 4 at the start with zee,nba play we all got it at once.
People always thought danny and koshers bet the most in baseball.Well,there was a group that bet twice as much as them..They had a book that made their owe lines and gave them 500 a game and never moved their number.Their numbers were usually way off at start,not like any of the industry numbers.The pennies earned were more like 20 and 30 cents off.team A opened 125 the industry number,other book opened game pick,more often then not the koshers pushed it upwards 30 32 followers 37 41 then 300 bet bringing back to 28 up again back or up depending how much to earn.their names never mentioned only danny

You seem to be confusing hacksaw with "jigsaw" in your post above...

I believe that guy you are referring to was HACKSAW, FYI...

THE SHRINK

rainbow

EOG Master

THE SHRINK
SHRINK, ITS DEFINTELY JIGSAW, I HAVEN?T HEARD HIS NAME MENTIONED IN LIKE 10YRS...

rainbow

EOG Master

THE SHRINK
JIGSAW, HAD THE BIGGEST SHEET I EVER WITNESSED FOR CREDIT PLAYERS, HE HAD EVERY WISEGUY IN THE WORLD ON IT...

The Devil

EOG Master

THE SHRINK

HACKSAW WAS THE NAME THEY USED FOR JIG IN THE STORY CONFESSIONS OF AN IVY LEAGUE BOOKMAKER................JIG HAD MORE SHEETS THEN WAMSUTA..............

I REALLY do miss the good ol' days when reading these posts.

It was like "STEALING" if you had any clue of what was going on...

Krackman

EOG Senior Member

Evertime I hear "glory days" by Springsteen I think of the good ole days before the internet. Or even the first 5 years of the net was unbelievable.

Last edited:

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

JIGSAW, HAD THE BIGGEST SHEET I EVER WITNESSED FOR CREDIT PLAYERS, HE HAD EVERY WISEGUY IN THE WORLD ON IT...
I remember when he started his sheets using 5 digit account numbers.......for example, 50022 Rocket, sounded so messed up. But after awhile, they sounded normal. Talk about some big carries......LOL!

beenthere

EOG Member

shrink
no S.M (thanks devil- again you are 100%) and about BW played for him and taped him and he still would say he played other side,he would also give us and the other billy each a side and no one knew who got the right 1 if even there was 1.
heard bw side of the roullette story in atlantic city from him and wynn side from kenny wynn, only time i would side with bw
have to get to the movies

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

I remember when he started his sheets using 5 digit account numbers.......for example, 50022 Rocket, sounded so messed up. But after awhile, they sounded normal. Talk about some big carries......LOL!

Monster Sized Carries!

sharp gambler

EOG Member

They should do a VH1 show on all the characters that have come and gone in this business: where are they now LOL

Just kidding

B

Bruce Dickinson

How did BW end up with the computer program? Heard Doc had it