OT: Preparing a good T-Bone steak - Marinade

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: OT: Preparing a good T-Bone steak - Marinade

There has to be some favs out there. I am cooking for the cook tonight and surprising her unless she reads this from work. ;)

:+waving-5

August West

Rambler

I use Kikoman Terriaki sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning on all my steaks.

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

ah, now were talking!!! I love to grill. It's a great passion of mine. Winkyduck is right if your T-Bone is a "good" cut of meat. Good cut meaning a Choice cut or a Prime cut. These need nothing but heat to be delicious. I do add a bit of cracked pepper and a little salt before throwing them on the heat. But, if your cooking a select steak it will benefit from a Marinade. I like to use a mustard marinade. Just combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup dry red wine, 2 cloves garlic/minced, 1 tsp dried basil, 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, and 1 tbsp ketchup. Marinate steaks for at least a couple of hours. I cant remember were i got this recipe, but it is for 4 to 6 steaks i believe. So if your only cooking one, cut ingredients if half and that should be fine.

dirty

EOG Master

General here is what I do....

Douse the steaks in Worcestershire sauce (Both Sides) in a Dish

Then coat each side with each of the following

GArlic Powder
Onion Powder
Lemon Pepper

Turn the steaks in the sauce that has collected in the dish..put in the Fridge to Marinade for at least 2 hours...Covered with foil....

Then heat the grill on High......Then after about 10 minutes Turn it to low and put the steaks on each side for about 30 seconds to sear the meat....Then leave it on low....

Turn the steaks every 10 minutes until cooked to your desire... I leave the grill open when I do this and I baste the steaks every turn with a brush....

it does not taste like Wosc..it is unreal...these will be some good steaks

Dark Beer (lager)
Jalapino Sauce
worcestershire sauce
Garlic
Onion

Marinade for a couple of hours on each side.

The General

I am using lawry's Teriyaki with pineapple juice marinade, some garlic powder, a slight bit of Soy and one 16 oz can of beer to marinade for now (about 4 hours into it) and then for the last 2 hours, I wll set out the meat and add a little bit of dale's seasoning by teaspoons, spreading lightly to each side a couple times before I throw on the fire. It may not be worth a damn, but I'm trying.

Prepared a salad, will bake a couple tators, have some cottage cheese and baked beans.

That is the plan.

No dessert in the plans unless I (we) grab a bowl of whole grain oatmeal crisp flavored with maple brown sugar.

:cool:

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

And as always, be mindful of the pitfalls the average griller does to ruin a great steak!!

1. Set steak out the on counter (covered) and bring to room temp. before throwing on the grill. Throwing a cold steak on a hot grill will cause uneven cooking.
2. Make sure grill is SUPER hot when you start. This is for searing the steaks and getting those wonderful grill marks. Also locks in the juices. You can turn grill down a bit after this. Or leave lid off for a second to cool down if using charchol.
3. Dont turn, and turn, and turn steaks. If the fire flares up, just move the steaks away from the flames instead of turning them.
4. NEVER, NEVER poke or cut a steak for any reason while it's cooking. Reasons are obvious.
5. Check for doneness by using your thumb. A rare steak will be spongy and a well done steak will be firm. NEVER cut steak to check for doneness.
6. Allow steak to sit for at least 5 minutes bufore cutting in to it. This will allow the juices to settle.

ENJOY :cheers

The General

And as always, be mindful of the pitfalls the average griller does to ruin a great steak!!

1. Set steak out the on counter (covered) and bring to room temp. before throwing on the grill. Throwing a cold steak on a hot grill will cause uneven cooking.
2. Make sure grill is SUPER hot when you start. This is for searing the steaks and getting those wonderful grill marks. Also locks in the juices. You can turn grill down a bit after this. Or leave lid off for a second to cool down if using charchol.
3. Dont turn, and turn, and turn steaks. If the fire flares up, just move the steaks away from the flames instead of turning them.
4. NEVER, NEVER poke or cut a steak for any reason while it's cooking. Reasons are obvious.
5. Check for doneness by using your thumb. A rare steak will be spongy and a well done steak will be firm. NEVER cut steak to check for doneness.
6. Allow steak to sit for at least 5 minutes bufore cutting in to it. This will allow the juices to settle.

ENJOY :cheers

:thumbsup

:dancefool

i only eat new york strips

but i put butter and KEG steak spice and garlic on it

fucking unreal

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

I am using lawry's Teriyaki with pineapple juice marinade, some garlic powder, a slight bit of Soy and one 16 oz can of beer to marinade for now (about 4 hours into it) and then for the last 2 hours, I wll set out the meat and add a little bit of dale's seasoning by teaspoons, spreading lightly to each side a couple times before I throw on the fire. It may not be worth a damn, but I'm trying.

Prepared a salad, will bake a couple tators, have some cottage cheese and baked beans.

That is the plan.

No dessert in the plans unless I (we) grab a bowl of whole grain oatmeal crisp flavored with maple brown sugar.

Sounds like your no stanger to grill yourself. Some tasty combo's of flaver there. Let us know how it comes out. I'm always interested in new marinades, rubs, seasonings, grilling tips, and...well anything that has to do with food really!

The General

I spent a good amount of my younger days in the kitchen with grandma back when almost everything was made from scratch. mmmmmmm.

:cheers

CatchABet

EOG Member

This thread is making me hungry, I'm going to have a T-Bone Steak this morning instead of cereal. LOL

Nice thread, I've always wanted too be a cook.

Grilling is one of my favorite things to do.

Unfortunately, I SUCK AT IT BIG TIME.

I don't have a problem with my teeny peeny, but not being able to grill a perfect steak makes me feel like less of a man :blah

August West

Rambler

That is the plan.

Odds General got some tail tonight:
Yes -200
No +180

:dinner42

dirty

EOG Master

I will take the plus 180 for the max...he was playing Horses at betjam by 9:30

August West

Rambler

I will take the plus 180 for the max...he was playing Horses at betjam by 9:30

I don't know, cottage cheese and baked beans with a bowl of oatmeal for dessert? What woman wouldn't get on her knees for that? :kiss

I say a handy at the very least.

(just bustin general)

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..a babe is just a piece of tail!!!;

playing horses at betjam..>> a piece of heaven..!!!

jmho

gl

:whatever: :+whipping

The General

:+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3

Hay, I hit a 5/1 @ $10 WP.

I lost about everything else. :doh1

Oh and no is the winner. :(

The General

Homemade Turkey pot pie tonight she made and it is wonderful. :thumbsup

The General

I wish I could share a portion of that Pot Pie with all of you today. Damn, it is good. :thumbsup