Important Message from NY Reb

I debated the thread title; this is, after all, only important to me, and perhaps relatively important to all those who read my threads and check my plays. Anyway, it is to those people that I am writing. I am sure there will be some to read this who have never even heard of 'NY Reb' before. If so, this will serve as an introduction.

For all of you who couldn't care less, or who think I'm egomaniacal for writing a thread about myself, why are you even reading?:LMAO

Synopsis of NY Reb: I first started posting my plays on the Internet at the original talksport site in 1998. To my knowledge, they were the first site that ever had a group of quality cappers posting their plays for free.

Many sites have come into being and even changed hands since then, and I have 'posted around' at various sites, and regarded various sites as my 'home' at different times over the years.

I have been invited to make this site my home. I have been good Internet buddies with Hache Man for a few years now, and he keeps telling me it is much better here, and that there would be much less negative energy to deal with, and fewer idiots having the freedom to post whatever crap they wanted. To my ears, that sounded like heaven.

Anyway, I have nothing whatsoever against my most recent posting home. I have no grievances, public or private. Check my final posts there and you will see that I did what I could to make peace with everyone before I left. Some did not respond positively to those efforts. To them, I dedicate this line from a Pink Floyd song: 'So I open my heart to my enemies, and say let's wipe the slate clean, and if they reply "go and fuck yourself", well, you just can't win.'

So I am announcing, whatever its worth and for whoever cares in the least, that I am making EOG my home for now. I will post college football and basketball, and NFL and NBA. If I post baseball plays, fade them. In the other four sports, I do well. I have great runs. Last college bowl season I went on a 18-4 streak, and two years ago I went 63% in the NBA. These were all posted plays.

I generally win more than I lose in all sports, and if I go on a prolonged losing streak, I stop posting for a while until I'm winning again. I refuse to take anyone down with me. Last week I went 11-3 and just short of plus 50 units in college football. Of course, I stunk up the joint in the NFL on Sunday, which was one of the weirdest days I've experienced in a long time. I have losing days and losing weeks just like everyone else. It is much more rare that I have losing months, and even more rare to have a losing year. Of course, I wouldn't take anyone's word for anything. If you don't already know me, track me for a while, see how I do. Check the facts for yourself.

I put 5* on action plays, 7* on really solid plays, and 10*s for truly big plays that I feel have a extraordinarily high percentage of winning. I went 3-0 on 10* college football last week, and 1-1 in 10* plays in NFL. I haven't had any 10* plays in basketball yet. My first 7* in cbb was last night on Ole Miss, and they led throughout the game and covered easily. Occasionally I'll have a 15* GOY type play, and I am 2-0 on them in college football this year. I am what you would call 'high volume' because I like action.

I will keep an accurate record. I am not really great in math, so I occasionally make mistakes. Twice this year 2 different people have pointed out that I had made mistakes that had me doing worse than I had myself. Yet, when I make a mistake in my favor, bloodthirsty hounds come howling at the door, accusing me of cheating and worse.

I always buy the hook, I believe in taking every advantage with the line that you can. The line I post is the line I bet. I always place my bet before posting. My record will consider all plays -110 across the board. Some nut writes 'you didn't count the -119 there, you didn't count the -126 here.' Geez, I didn't include the -102 or the +103 either. Some people are probably reading this wondering why anyone would give a shit, and that's what I wonder too; it just goes to show that there are all types on the Internet.

When I post a thread, I don't just list my plays and leave it at that. In college football I love doing write-ups when I have the time, but in other sports I have to make too many decisions too late to do many write-ups. However, I post comments, updates, and in-game commentary in my threads, especially during football when one thread covers the whole week. I try to keep an interesting and informative thread, and I post timely tidbits as soon as they become relevant. I am somewhat of a homespun philosopher, and I like to keep my threads and posts positive, lighthearted, and uplifting whenever possible.

So I invite you to join me here.

Someone on the other site wrote, 'You'll miss all the discussion here, you'll miss all the interaction.' Well, it's true that I enjoy discussion and interaction, otherwise I suppose I wouldn't be here. Yet I figure anyone who enjoys my approach to sports-betting will come to this site to discuss and interact with me here. I certainly invite all those who have come to trust me over the years to join me here at eog.com. If you know of anyone like that, who doesn't know where I am, please let them know.

Well, this is long for now. If you have any comments or sincere questions about me or my approach to sports-betting, please write them here in this thread. I would love to hear from you. I look forward to continuing to share the Internet-sports-betting realm with you, and to profitting and prospering over the long haul, which is the greatest enjoyment of all. (Well, not quite:)

My best to each of you, and it goes without saying, best of luck to all.

Re: Important Message from NY Reb

NY Reb your all right..

Hey at least you don't post plays after the game is over.. haha

Goodluck to you.. and will be eyeing buddy..

bamachuck27

EOG Member

Thanks Reb, and as I have stated in the past, your hard work is appreciated. I'm looking forward to finishing the year strong.

Good Luck.

--Charlie:cheers

WYM

EOG Dedicated

best of luck to you reb. look foward to your posts.

In the words of Caparzo from "Saving Private Ryan"

I Love that guy!:thumbsup

mofome

Banned

hey NYREB, great to have you here and i look forward to your plays. Keep up the good work and BOL this weekend

:cheers

Guys, it is great to hear from all of you. I am fired up about being here, and I look forward to sharing many winners with all of you.

goldie

EOG Enthusiast

Reb-
I read your posts across the street, as they say, altho my login name was a bit different there. No matter. It was hard to wade thru all the negative crap that got into yours and other people's threads.(See posts by Ace-I'm sure you have) I've never understood why there are so many so ready to dump on posters who are sincerely trying to help fellow wagerers like you obviously are, but that's life these days I guess. Lots of frustrated people out there. I'll continue to watch you here. BOL as always.

Smasher13

EOG Member

Your a class act NY Reb....been following you for quite some time from your old home.....enjoy your picks and reasoning.....Keep up the great work and hope you've found a home for good....take care...

Smasher13 ( 44 yr old from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada)

cie grant

EOG Member

You appear to be a pretty good capper. May i suggest that you include all your plays in your posted record, win or lose. I think this will give you more credibility going forward and you will avoid what happened at your last site. After reading through all of those osts, it all began to go downhill when you lost a ton of units on FSU teasers, but opted to not include the losses in your record. Just a thought.

GL to you the rest of the way.

nysports

EOG Member

"I will keep an accurate record. I am not really great in math, so I occasionally make mistakes. Twice this year 2 different people have pointed out that I had made mistakes that had me doing worse than I had myself. Yet, when I make a mistake in my favor, bloodthirsty hounds come howling at the door, accusing me of cheating and worse.

I always buy the hook, I believe in taking every advantage with the line that you can. The line I post is the line I bet. I always place my bet before posting. My record will consider all plays -110 across the board. Some nut writes 'you didn't count the -119 there, you didn't count the -126 here.' Geez, I didn't include the -102 or the +103 either. Some people are probably reading this wondering why anyone would give a shit, and that's what I wonder too; it just goes to show that there are all types on the Internet."

Reb

I will try and be as diplomatic as I can with no bashing, but all truth. Last week I corrected you with your CFB record and I even told Hache about it. Now I know you read it, why wouldn't you bother to update your record accordingly?

If you buy atleast a 1/2 and sometimes a full point on every game, how is it possible that you would get plus juice and also why would you not just include your pricing that you got if you bet all games before posting them? If you keep an accurate record as you say, than why wouldn't you just post the juice as you played them?

cbf777

EOG Member

I have been following your plays for the short time that i have been here at eog and I must say that I glad you are here.
Best of Luck to you and to everyone else here

nysports;495941If you buy atleast a 1/2 and sometimes a full point on every game[/quote said:
I don't buy at least a half point on every game, and I rarely buy a full point. I buy the hook as I clearly stated. Get over yourself nysports. Stop being so condescending. No one ever asked you to correct anything, and your corrections are not correct. Get a life.

i guess I shouldn't have been so short with nysports, but he is a guy who bugs me to death. He said he corrected my record, but what he means is that I didn't deduct enough for a certain loss or something. He doesn't mean that I claimed to win more or lose less than I did, only that I didn't properly keep score when adding my units.

I stated very clearly above that I keep a straight -110 for all plays. I play a lot at Pinnacle, so many of my lines are -105, -102, but I still count all losses as -110. Why someone can't accept this is beyond me.

I can see why most guys choose to not keep a record of their plays. When you do, even though you try to be as accurate as possible, you just can't please everyone.

What gets me is that there are people out there like nysports who even care:LMAO And why does he think anyone else cares?

I keep a record so that people will have some idea what to expect from my selections. I have great days and shitty days like everyone else, but overall I win or I wouldn't still be here. For my purposes, the way I keep my record is fine. Like I said, if I make math mistakes, I am happy to hear about it.

But when you get compulsive-obsessive about it like nysports, you really need to get a grip and look at what is really important and relevant in life.

Anyway, that's the way I see it. I'll be happy to hear anyone else's perspective.

Nolan Dalla

EOG Member

NT REB:

I have enjoyed and benefited from your analysis in all sports, going back to our regular visits to another site. I used to post quite a bit there and elesewhere and then got tired of the nonsense. So, I decided to lurk instead. I even discovered that success has a price as some people come to expect a winner to sustain high percentages, which as you know is not possible.

As you know, the longer you stay around the more likley it is (in fact, it's a CERTAINTY) that you will suffer a prolonged losing streak. Even a 57 percent capper will routinely have strings of losing days, or perhaps weeks, if he plays a large number of games.

Anyway, I do want to say I am a fan of your writings and analysis and I appreciate your straightforward manner of thinking. I look forward to learning more form your posts.

Best Regards,

Nolan Dalla

nysports

EOG Member

Reb

No problem. If you don't want to include the 10* loss with a buy for -12* in last weeks figure for CFB than you don't have to. You're absolutely right. No one cares if you miscalculate. GL with all your plays.

My wife read some of a thread from the other site and said, 'If you're going to bicker with those guys, what do you need me for?'

You appear to be a pretty good capper. May i suggest that you include all your plays in your posted record, win or lose. I think this will give you more credibility going forward and you will avoid what happened at your last site. After reading through all of those osts, it all began to go downhill when you lost a ton of units on FSU teasers, but opted to not include the losses in your record. Just a thought.

GL to you the rest of the way.

Cie, I aim to turn an absolutely new leaf in just about every way possible. I am beginning with a whole new slate, and hopefully a lot of good folks will share that new slate with me. I've dropped all grievances regarding the past, and I hope that everyone else can as well. I believe that with a positive attitude and a positive approach, a lot of money can be made through helping each other.

If no one reads or responds to what I write, then I would probably stop posting after a while. However, a lot of good people have already responded in this thread, with thoughts of encouragement and support. I've chosen not to respond to every single good wish, as I think it might look strange after a while, yet I hope that all who have written here know that I read and appreciate all your contributions to the thread. I hope that together we can create an interesting and informative guide to better gambling, for lack of a better word, lol.

Take care, guys.

cisco

EOG Enthusiast

Yes, it's nice and quiet in here.(for the most part)

Nice to see Nolan in here as well. Are you still in Vegas Nolan?