O.J. Simpson to promote "If I Did It" on Fox

andrew748

Banned
By Paul J. Gough
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox said Tuesday it will air a two-part interview with O.J. Simpson at month's end in which he describes the 1994 murders of his ex-wife and her friend that he says he didn't commit.
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.scotsman.com/js/init_250x250.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/scotsman.jp/news;site=news;nl1=LatestNews;sz=250x250;tile=1;ord=93745418?"></script>
The interview will be conducted by editor and book publisher Judith Regan. On November 30, her Regan Books is publishing a book Simpson wrote with the working title "If I Did It, Here's How It Happened."
Fox said Simpson's book "hypothetically describes" how he would have committed the murders. The special will air at 9 p.m. November 27 and 29 on Fox.
Fox executives declined comment about the show Tuesday. In a statement released Tuesday, executive vp/alternative programming Mike Darnell said: "This is an interview that no one thought would ever happen. It's the definitive last chapter in the trial of the century."
Fox is a subsidiary of News Corp., which also owns Regan Books.
A spokeswoman for Regan Books didn't return a phone call or an e-mail seeking comment Tuesday.
Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman; he can't be tried again for those crimes. In 1997, a civil court found him responsible for the slayings and ordered him to pay $33.5 million to the victims' families.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
(c) Reuters 2006.

Scotsman.com News - Latest News - O.J. Simpson to promote "If I Did It" on Fox

:doh1

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
Re: O.J. Simpson to promote "If I Did It" on Fox

all time tastelees; lack of any decency..>>

jmho..!!

Is there anyone who still thinks that o.j. "didn't do it."??

lol

gl

:doh1

"Absolutely 100% not guilty!!!"

"This is AC! I got OJ in the car!"

"If the glove doesn't fit, you must aquit!"

:LMAO

He gets to make money of this crap? The $$$ should go to the family . What an asshole.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

If you have faith, then you know he will be handled properly and I don't expect to be talking with OJ and Peter when I leave this melting rock.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

Good thing it wasnt a white man getting aqcuited of killing a black lady we would of had the King riots again....

Since it wasnt though it seemed like a party that he got aquitted......

Kill the fucker...

is it possible to be this desperate?

Unbelievable that he's doing this and people are party to it.

Pastorsinalot

EOG Addicted

White people have killed black females and got away with it for years.

OJ told that slut to keep the drugs and keep the her fucking out the house, she keep on doing it fucking every dick and hairy in town. OJ did what any real father/man that cares about their kids would do, knock the rotten bitch down and stab her in the neck

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

FOX supports Bush and he has killed over 100,000 Iraqis so this should not
suprise anyone for Simpson ending up on FOX

Where is McVeigh when America could really use his talents as FOX is nothing
short of the GESTAPO BROADCASTING NETWORK

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

OJ told that slut to keep the drugs and keep the her fucking out the house, she keep on doing it fucking every dick and hairy in town. OJ did what any real father/man that cares about their kids would do, knock the rotten bitch down and stab her in the neck

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

You sound like an intelligent fucker.....

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Pastors:

soooo ... you support a war in a country THAT BUSH ADMITTED HAD NO
TIES TO 9-11?

A county where Bush has murdered 100,000 innocent Iraqis

A country where the USA has destroyed the countries infrastructure

A country where Bush has started a Civil War and has installed an Islamic
Puppet Govt

Please ... we have lost the war in Afghanistan .. have lost the war in Iraq and now your Loon Chickenhawks think bombing Iran for 3 days will get that country to cave in??

Bush is the most hated and dangerous leader since Hitler ....

Pastorsinalot

EOG Addicted

Bush is my hero
It was ok for Sadam to kill 200000 people just because?
Its ok for iran to have nukes?

Wow

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

Pastors:

soooo ... you support a war in a country THAT BUSH ADMITTED HAD NO
TIES TO 9-11?

A county where Bush has murdered 100,000 innocent Iraqis

A country where the USA has destroyed the countries infrastructure

A country where Bush has started a Civil War and has installed an Islamic
Puppet Govt

Please ... we have lost the war in Afghanistan .. have lost the war in Iraq and now your Loon Chickenhawks think bombing Iran for 3 days will get that country to cave in??

Bush is the most hated and dangerous leader since Hitler ....

Since Hitler?......not hardly.....destroyed the infrastructure?....what POS infrastructure are you refering about?.....started a Civil War? Whats new?...Those fucks have been killing each other for years. May not have had anything to do with 9/11.....but could have had something to do with 7/17/09. It is my opinion that we have stayed to long....we will NEVER change those extremists no matter what we do.

GL DOC.....got a winner tonight?

mn

Nokobet

EOG Member

He can't be doing this for the money. He has too be well aware that if he gains any money, it'll just go too the Goldsman's Family.

Doc, you're a an obsessed lunatic.

Pastor,

That's awesome!

WHY WAS DAT WHITE WOMAN WITH OJ IN THE FIRST PLACE?? TRUE LOVE???

I LOVED THE ORENTHAL JAMES SIMPSON THAT PLAYED FOOTBALL @ USC AND BUFFALO AND DRY ROTTED ON THE NINERS..MEMBER THE ELECTRIC COMPANY?..THOSE ARE MY MEMORIES OF OJ..SURPASSING NFL RUSHING RECORD ON SNOWY FIELD VS JETS

I DONT KNOW THE POST NFL OJ

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Shortbu:

name one incorrect thing about what I posted .. please do as you have
no clue what you are talking about

andrew748

Banned

the thing apart from the aquittal, that really sticks in my mind is that police chase????

WTF!!!

:LMAO

Pastorsinalot

EOG Addicted

OJ is a hero of mines a real father. He knew if he let that dirty bitch raise his kids, his son would become homo and his daughter a slut. She had men coming in and out the house, sucking unknown dicks , doing crack , his daughter ask her mother who is these men, she told her father , OJ warned that dirty hoe to stop bringing perverts by the house. So he had his homeboy help him jump them, knock the bitch down stab the bitch.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

:LMAO:LMAO:doh1:LMAO:LMAO:+music1-6

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

MFer draws 25k per month on his NFL pension that Fred Goldman cant touch ...

YEAH AND GOLDMAN`S SON THOUGHT HE WOULD BE SLICK AND BANG OJ`s WIFE...PUNK GOT BUSTED..SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess he's basically admitting it but up until now I had thought Eminem and Marcus Allen killed Ron and Nicole...

Apple

Banned

Nicole was a complete whore..

I am not saying it was right what O.J did, but she was a bad bitch. She was a gold digging, drug addict whore who fvcked every waiter @ Mezzaluna including Ron Goldman..

She would antagonize O.J constantly throwing it in his face that she was fvcking other guys, spending his money on them, etc..

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Gman:

MFer had a long track record of abusing her and killed 2 innocent folks

Maybe she liked to fuck around ...who on this board hasnt??

She didnt deserve what Simpson did to her ... damn, killing the woman
who gave birth to your kid???

NEW YORK -- After a firestorm of criticism, News Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It."
<!---------------------PULL-QUOTE TABLE (BEGIN)---------------------><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=4><SPACER type="block" width="3" height="1"></TD><TD>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]?[/FONT]</TD><TD width=225>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] ?[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=4><SPACER type="block" width="3" height="1"></TD><TD></TD><TD width=225>[FONT=Times,serif]? [/FONT][FONT=Times,serif]News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!---------------------PULL-QUOTE TABLE (END)--------------------->
"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."
A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before the Nov. 30 publication of the book by ReganBooks. The publishing house is a HarperCollins imprint owned -- like the Fox network -- by News Corp.
In the projects, Simpson speaks in hypothetical terms about how he would have committed the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Goldman.
Relatives of the victims have lashed out at the now-scuttled publication and broadcast plans.
"He destroyed my son and took from my family Ron's future and life. And for that I'll hate him always and find him despicable," Fred Goldman told ABC last week.
The industry trade publication Broadcasting & Cable editorialized against the show Monday, saying, "Fox should cancel this evil sweeps stunt."
One of the nation's largest superstore chains, Borders Group Inc., said last week it would donate any profits on the book to charity.
Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of murder in a case that became its own television drama. The former football star and announcer was later found liable for the deaths in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the Goldman family.
Judith Regan, publisher of "If I Did It," said she considered the book to be Simpson's confession.
The television special was to air on two of the final three nights of the November sweeps, when ratings are watched closely to set local advertising rates. It has been a particularly tough fall for Fox, which has seen none of its new shows catch on and is waiting for the January bows of "American Idol" and "24."
The closest precedent for such an about-face came when CBS yanked a miniseries about Ronald Reagan from its schedule in 2003 when complaints were raised about its accuracy. The Reagan series was seen on its sister premium-cable channel, Showtime, instead.
One station manager who had said he wasn't airing the special said he was concerned that regardless of whether Simpson was guilty, he'd still be profiting from murders.
"I have my own moral compass and this was easy," said Bill Lamb, general manager of WDRB in Louisville.
For the publishing industry, the cancellation of "If I Did It" was an astonishing end to a story like no other. Numerous books have been withdrawn over the years because of possible plagiarism -- most recently Kaavya Viswanathan's "How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild, and Got a Life" -- but a book's removal simply for objectionable content is virtually unheard of.
Sales had been strong, but not sensational. "If I Did It" cracked the top 20 of Amazon.com last weekend, but by Monday afternoon, at the time its cancellation had been announced, the book had fallen to No. 51.

MCP

could you imagine what would happen to the companies that would have advertised during this spot ?? there would have been a nationwide boycott.. what likely happened is no one wanted to touch this with a 10 foot pole so murdoch pulled the plug... it isnt about him having an attack of morality...

Simpson interview could turn up on Web <!-- END HEADLINE -->
<!-- BEGIN STORY BODY -->By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer 30 minutes ago

NEW YORK - The <FORM class=yqin action=http://yq.search.yahoo.com/search method=post><INPUT type=hidden value='"O.J. Simpson"' name=p> <INPUT type=hidden value=c1,i,yn,c3 name=sourceOrder> <INPUT type=hidden value='[FONT=arial,sans-serif]O.J. Simpson[/FONT]
' name=c1> <INPUT type=hidden value='SEARCH
News | News Photos | Images | Web
' name=c3> <INPUT type=hidden name=sourceURL> <INPUT type=hidden value=yq-news name=fr> <INPUT type=hidden value="The O.J. Simpson project is dead, but the book and the TV interview could turn up in bootleg form in this age of YouTube and eBay, when scandalous information seldom stays secret for long." name=context> </FORM>O.J. Simpson project is dead, but the book and the TV interview could turn up in bootleg form in this age of YouTube and eBay, when scandalous information seldom stays secret for long.
<SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['fhpxAELaSso-']='&U=13a04ah6b%2fN%3dfhpxAELaSso-%2fC%3d384892.9597167.10320828.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d3892108';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
News Corp., owner of Fox Broadcasting and publisher HarperCollins, called off Simpson's "confession" Monday after advertisers, booksellers and even Fox personality Bill O'Reilly branded the project sick and exploitive.
A two-part interview had been scheduled to air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29 on Fox, with the book, "If I Did It," to follow on Nov. 30.
HarperCollins spokeswoman Erin Crum said some copies had already been shipped to stores but would be recalled, and all copies would be destroyed. She would not say how long that would take.
But with the interview already taped, and thousands of books either sitting in warehouses or headed to booksellers, his supposedly hypothetical account of how he would have committed the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman appears all but certain to surface.
"A book becomes collectible when it's hard to find, and this will become very, very collectible, surely worth four figures," said <FORM class=yqin action=http://yq.search.yahoo.com/search method=post><INPUT type=hidden value='"Richard Davies"' name=p> <INPUT type=hidden value=c1,i,yn,c3 name=sourceOrder> <INPUT type=hidden value='[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Richard Davies[/FONT]
' name=c1> <INPUT type=hidden value='SEARCH
News | News Photos | Images | Web
' name=c3> <INPUT type=hidden name=sourceURL> <INPUT type=hidden value=yq-news name=fr> <INPUT type=hidden value=""A book becomes collectible when it's hard to find, and this will become very, very collectible, surely worth four figures," said Richard Davies, a spokesman for AbeBooks.com, an online seller that specializes in used and collectible books." name=context> </FORM>Richard Davies, a spokesman for AbeBooks.com, an online seller that specializes in used and collectible books.
The Simpson book will almost certainly remain underground, with another publisher unlikely to take on "If I Did It."
Even Michael Viner, whose previous releases include a memoir by disgraced New York Times reporter Jayson Blair and a tell-all by four Hollywood call girls, said his Beverly Hills-based Phoenix Books was not interested.
"It's the public equivalent of doing a snuff film," said Viner, referring to films that claim to show a person being killed. "People can make money by doing snuff films, but no one wants to be associated with it."
The Simpson saga took another twist Tuesday when his former sister-in-law, Denise Brown, accused News Corp. of trying to buy her family's silence for millions of dollars.
A News Corp. spokesman confirmed that the company had conversations with representatives of the Brown and Goldman families over the past week and said that they were offered all profits from the book and TV show, but he denied it was hush money.
"There were no strings attached," News Corp. spokesman Andrew Butcher said.
Denise Brown told NBC's "Today" show that her family's response was: "Absolutely not."
"They wanted to offer us millions of dollars. Millions of dollars for, like, 'Oh, I'm sorry' money. But they were still going to air the show," Brown said. "We just thought, `Oh my god.' What they're trying to do is trying to keep us quiet, trying to make this like hush money, trying to go around the civil verdict, giving us this money to keep our mouths shut."
Pre-publication sales for "If I Did It," had been strong but not exceptional. It cracked the top 20 of Amazon.com last weekend, but by Monday afternoon, at the time its elimination was announced, the book had fallen to No. 51.
___
AP Television Writer David Bauder in New York and AP Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch in Los Angeles also contributed to this report.