SENATOR GEORGE ALLEN RESPONDS TO SHRINK ABOUT INTERNET GAMBLING BILL..

Dear Ken:

Thank you for contacting me regarding internet gambling. I appreciate your concerns and value the opportunity to respond.

Internet gambling can be an addictive habit that destroys individual financial lives and families. It is estimated that Americans will bet $5.9 billion on Internet gambling this year nearly half of the worldwide total of $12 billion. Numerous gambling websites currently fail to block access by children, lack effective safeguards against fraud and afford a tempting opportunity for organized crime and money launderers. As the father of three children, I understand the desire to ensure that children are protected from gambling websites.

As you may be aware, the recent house measure, H.R. 4411, passed with strong bi-partisan support of 317-93 and has the support of numerous sports organizations including the NFL, the NBA and Major League Baseball. Additionally, 49 State Attorneys General, including Virginia, support this legislation as a means of affording effective tools to law enforcement agencies to protect our children and to protect legal, responsible online users. Specifically this measure will:
- Clarify the Wire Act of 1961 to reflect current technology including the use of the Internet and other wireless communication devices;
- Regulate and prevent money transactions and payments related to illegal Internet gambling including illegal offshore companies beyond the criminal jurisdiction of the United States;
- Authorize the injunctions against individuals or companies who facilitate illegal Internet gambling; and
- Encourage international law enforcement cooperation in tracking and ending illegal gambling and related money laundering schemes.

<b>I have also heard from a number of constituents who have expressed concern over this and similar measures. Please know that I will keep your thoughtful comments in mind should this measure come before me on the Senate floor.</b>

Thank you for taking the time to contact me and please do not hesitate to contact me again about issues important to you. If you would like to receive an e-mail newsletter about my initiatives to improve America, please sign up on my website (<http://allen.senate.gov). It is an honor to serve you in the United States Senate, and I look forward to working with you to make Virginia and America a better place to live, lean, work and raise a family.

With warm regards, I remain

Sincerely,

Senator George Allen :+whipping

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: SENATOR GEORGE ALLEN RESPONDS TO SHRINK ABOUT INTERNET GAMBLING BILL..

once again, the kids are being ruined by online gambling...

luckily those same kids must be immune to horse racing and lotto...:rolleyes:

canned response once again.

Yeah, those kids with their credit cards...LOL

Dell Dude

EOG Master

That fukkin Tom Delay no longer has a House email because he quit. Don't care to contact my congressman but I'd like to send Tommy Boy a personally deadicated suicide parlay. Anybody know how to contact this crook? If I wait I can just get his prison email addy.

It is an honor to serve you in the United States Senate, and I look forward to working with you to make Virginia and America a better place to live, lean, work and raise a family.

Lean? Who's he leaning towards tonight?

I have one on the Rangers!!!

And that's the Texas Rangers, not the Army Rangers.:D

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Friggin' kids.................they are at the root of ALL problems.

Nice lobbying dollars from horse racing....How many wellfare dollars buy lotto tickets! A pro gambler would win any election!!!

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Of course they all use the same 'ol lame excuses..........

BUMP for a reminder to those who live in Virginia...:finger004

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

Sounds like they just hear this BS and keep regurgitating it over and over without having any facts to back it up.

If they've ever had an account, they know how carefully the books check out each customer and they wouldn't a have to worry about laundering money! That sounds like something they got from the FBI.