So obvious when games are fixed!!!

ellisanders

EOG Enthusiast
Okay probably the most consistent big game kicker in the game misses 2 FG in the game, the last of which would have put the game over. The F in NFL is for "FIXED". Sick of the NFL.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran
Re: So obvious when games are fixed!!!

lol dude... If you think Adam missed those on purpose your an idiot...

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

A very wise man once told me "Don't claim things which you can't prove." He was well meaning when he gave me that advice as I am when I pass it on to you.

ellisanders

EOG Enthusiast

So he just happens to miss not 1 but 2!!! from a distance that has been routine for him for years against his former team to #1 make it a 2 possession game and #2 push the game over. C'mon games have been fixed for years. These guys are PROS!!! A pass dropped here and there. An occasional trip at the line of scrimmage. 2 missed kicks after hitting 20 str8, and voila---we have an under. Wake up and smell the wise guys.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Hey ellis,

Let me guess, you had the over. If you had the under would it have been a 'fix' or just great handicapping?

ellisanders

EOG Enthusiast

Done with the NFL. Hated it before but I have tried very hard to watch it. But I am officially done with it now. You guys enjoy the overpaid neanderthals who drop passes, get sacked, miss kicks, throw interceptions, fumble, miss blocks, and sit on the sideline laughing about it.

ellisanders

EOG Enthusiast

You guys keep the thread going. Could care less. Won't be back on the NFL section of this website anyway. GL2U all.

Brutus Buckeye

EOG Senior Member

So how much does it cost to buy a player (whose making millions) to throw a game?

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

So how much does it cost to buy a player (whose making millions) to throw a game?

EXACTLY!
Fixes do indeed exist, and have been exposed from time to time (the famous ASU basketball point shaving, ext). However; it's almost impossible to fix a pro game. How are you going to pay off a guy who is making millions? Than if you do, and they are exposed, their career is finished.

As someone said. It's a big fix job when you are on the wrong side. If you have the side that wins, it's great capping.:LMAO

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran

In the NFL it is very difficult, you would have to buy out the coaches, the QBs, certain 'key' players, and the referee.

cd329

EOG Member

Okay guys none of us will ever know for sure if games are fixed or not.
Persoanlly i think some are, not only by shady guys behind the scenes but also by the nfl themselves. The nfl needs to sell the best entertainment they can and if it means making sure the refs call what needs to be done to create more billions of revenue so be it.
We can all sit here going back and forth about how games can or cant be fixed, but were just wasting our time, we will never know, we are so far removed from the loop and dont have a clue what actually takes place in the lives of the power broker people who control this world. Its like the guys who argue that there is a God against the guys who say there isnt one, no side is the clear cut winner in that arguement.
Okay now with that being said, there is one thing that i can say with 100 percent certainty to be true and that is the fact that just because somebody makes millions of dollars that doesnt mean that they cant be bought off, that is by far one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. Everyday all across the world people making millions and sometimes billions are trying to do some corrupt act to make more money and for what reason? Because we are all human beings and we have that greed gene inside us that will always surface.
It doesnt matter how much one person has they always want more. Just think about how many times you have opened the paper or saw on t.v. some millionaire or evn billionaire getting popped doing something illegal just to make some extra chump change and you say to yourself what a stupid ass this guy has got everything in life, why do something like that? Come on how many times have you saw this and said that? Well the answer is "WE ARE ALL HUMANS"
So the people who think athletes just because their making millions and are so honest cant be bought, please wake up from your coma your in. We have no idea what takes place in these athletes lives everyday for all we know some could be getting blackmailed or threatened, we just dont know.
Like i said, do i know for sure if games are fixed, of course not, do i believe they are, yes i do, because i would have to be a retard to believe with all that money out there human greed and corruption doesnt come into play.
But what sickens me is when i read comments that people making millions cant be corrupted, that just pisses me off and basically what it says is that if you make millions then you must be the most honest person in society and we all know that not to be true.
So to the guys saying athletes make to much money to be bought off i say stop putting these friggin idiots on pedestals like they are societys best people.

IMO:

its fixed.. but by the refs..

anything dealing with billions with a B. something some place is
going on. Just like in big governments big oil and big corps.

doesn't matter what players do, when phantom holdings, pass interfernce,
false starts, illegal contacts on a critical 3rd and 1, that can swing a game
side or total. all it takes is one flag.

trick is being on the ride side of the fix...

cd329

EOG Member

Swami, very well put. to many billions at stake to think were seeing a straigt product.
Personally dont care that games are fixed, i still got a 50-50 shot of being right

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

.."the trick; they say; is never play the game too long..!!"

beutiful loser.. bob seeger

gl

:smokesmal