NY Reb's College Football thru Nov 4 -- 15* GOY this week

Re: NY Reb's College Football thru Nov 4 -- 15* GOY this week

7* Clemson -19
I'm not going to do much of a write-up here, except to say that it looks very much like a good time to be on Clemson and a bad time to be on Maryland. Clemson should be very motivated to be at their very best Saturday, and if they are, Maryland could have a hard time dealing with it on the road.

Slight Favorite

EOG Addicted

LSU might win the game Saturday, and that's fine. But let me throw a number out about that Tennessee coaching staff you don't like. With Fulmer as the head coach and Cutcliffe and Chavis as the coordinators Tennessee's record is 51-6. Have a nice day.

LSU might win the game Saturday, and that's fine. But let me throw a number out about that Tennessee coaching staff you don't like. With Fulmer as the head coach and Cutcliffe and Chavis as the coordinators Tennessee's record is 51-6. Have a nice day.

I see that big Orange T next to your name, lol.

I hope your team does well. Best of luck to you.

Friday:

5* Air Force-5
I wasn't planning to play tonight's game, but the info I am privy to indicates that the Falcons could be a winner. Not a bookie-buster like Thurday night's play on Louisville, but worth a shot. I know it's a public play, but they do win sometimes. Good luck.

cbf777

EOG Member

I'm with you again tonight reb with Air Force -5
Good Luck

The win on AF tonight was some nice unexpected money:houra

7* Texas A&M +3 (buy half if needed)
We have an 8-1 team as a 3-point home dog. College Station is also a fairly strong home field advantage, as such things go. I don't usually care anything about trends and such, but this particular game begs them. A&M is 8-3 ATS in the last 11 against Oklahoma. A&M also is 11-4 ATS the last 15 home games. And the home team is 10-2 ATS in the last 12 in the series. That's all a fancy way of saying A&M should cover handily. Oklahoma is favored because they are Oklahoma. I don't think they win. I usually stick to the conferences I know best -- SEC, ACC, Big East, and C-USA. However, I also tend to cap big games, and especially TV games. I am picking A&M in an 'upset' in this one.

Running out of time for write-ups:

7* Indiana +6

5* Duke +12

5* Rice +9

The rest will be posted during the day on Saturday.

All Saturday games as of late Friday night:

10* LSU -4
10* Alabama -14
7* Clemson -19
7* Texas A&M +3
7* Indiana +6
5* Duke +12
5* Rice +9

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..uh-oh for you reb; i am big on all three 5* additions

gl

:p

Good luck to us, kelp. I must have been reading your mind.

Man, this is the best Miss St has looked in years. Even though I have money on Bama, I am truly enjoying watching State squash them in Tuscaloosa. It's almost worth the loss.

Even as I type I am realigning my take on both these teams. State goes up in my inner poll, and Bama goes way down.

If you can't trust Bama to beat State in Tuscaloosa, what can you trust in this world?

Miss St is young. Starting next year they will have to be seriously reckoned with. Croom's plan is working after all.

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted

Reb, are these your plays or from that place mentioned across the street...Just curious, and good luck!

Reb, are these your plays or from that place mentioned across the street...Just curious, and good luck!

Man, it's frustrating to see the games I was considering winning...Kentucky, Vandy, FSU...all late eliminations, trying to keep the number of plays down. What do you do? Play all your games or narrow it down to the smallest number possible? I know Chuck has commented on this before, and I'd love to hear how he sees it. Anyone else, also. It always seems when I narrow the number of games, I throw out winners. I guess you just have to draw the line at some point.

PyRo, the plays I post are definitely my plays. I play them offshore before I post them. Most of my plays are posted before the plays come out at the consensus site you refer to. I use that to pick up a few extra winners, to keep me off obvious bad choices, and to help me know when to put up a little extra.

The plays you get from me are the only genuine NY Reb plays in the whole world. Currently this is the only site where they are posted. There might have been services to copy my plays, but I have never bothered to copy any of theirs. What fun would that be? It might be a tempered thrill if I were 16, but at this point in my life, what would I get out of copying plays from some service and then posting them as my own? Why would I even bother? What meaning would it have?

The whole fun in posting my plays is that they are my plays. I get to see how I do compared to other cappers. I use the consensus plays for profit only. For example, a game I got today was Kansas. A few services I trust were on it, so I played it and it won. I don't know anything about Kansas or Iowa St. I would have never come up with that play. And I did not post it as one of my own plays.

Hopefully this clears this up so that anyone interested can easily understand where I am coming from. I'm used to spilling my guts in public, so if anyone has any sincere questions, I am always open to be truthful regarding anything. I feel that in being an Internet character of integrity, I am best off being open with others to the degree that they like. There are perhaps those who do not view me as a poster of integrity, but if anyone truly watches and listens, really hears what comes from me and doesn't twist and distort it, he will know that I am coming from a very open and sincere space. It is something I have worked for years learning how to do, but that is another story.

Let's all win some money this weekend. I'll be here today and tonight, and in the NFL section late tonight and tomorrow.

That LSU game was frustrating.

I won, because I bought it to 3, and that is why I buy points on primary numbers. However the current line was 4 and that's how I posted it.

I hate that it was a push or even a loss to many others who got in on it late.

Hopefully Texas A&M and Miami will show us something tonight. Since I pushed on that LSU game, though, I don't think this week's record is going to come out very rewarding.

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted

Reb, wasnt trying to bash you or anything, i was just curious...Hopefuly you didnt take it that way, I respect your capping abilities greatly!

Reb, wasnt trying to bash you or anything, i was just curious...Hopefuly you didnt take it that way, I respect your capping abilities greatly!

PyRo, I didn't take it that way at all. You have always been very respectful and I appreciate that. I hope to be respectful in return. The first paragraph of my post I was just venting my own thoughts and feelings, and had nothing to do with your post. After that I focused on responding to your question. It was a good question, a fair question, and I didn't mind responding to you at all.

I hope you are enjoying a good day.

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted

I wish I was enjoying a good day, wasnt as great as I expected...Had LSU-4 and you know how that goes....Lost only about 1 unit on the day....Lookin for ward to your card tomorrow Reb! GL

I wish I was enjoying a good day, wasnt as great as I expected...Had LSU-4 and you know how that goes....Lost only about 1 unit on the day....Lookin for ward to your card tomorrow Reb! GL

I love the college game, but for some reason I do better overall in the NFL. We'll get it back tomorrow.

Well, in spite of winning my 15* GOY, I had a rough week all in all.

5-8 (-5.9*)

Winning the 15* really saved us in units. Otherwise it would have been worse than bad.

YTD: 85-78 (+10.2*)

I feel like I keep taking too many plays, yet the last 5 I eliminated from consideration were all winners. That was pretty frustrating, adding to an overall frustrating day.

If LSU wins instead of pushes, things would have been a lot nicer.

Hopefully Sunday will be brighter. I am 38-24 (+66.3*) in NFL. For some reason I am more consistent on Sundays, so we still have a shot at a winning weekend. I am going over tomorrow's possibilities even as we speak, so to speak.

Hope all of you did better than me today. See you next week here and in NFL tomorrow.

nysports

EOG Member

Reb

I think you might have made a mistake on your figures. I went over the plays very carefully and have come up with the same record for the week (5-8), but a different unit loss. Maybe you forgot to add Abama -14 (buy) into the totals. If you add them in, that should give you your correct total for the week. 5-8 -17.9 units