Top 5 (Legit) pick services in your opinion?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I don't follow services much at all and really never got involved in who was who and who were frauds and not. I left that to Winkyduck. :p

FTR, I don't suggest paying for plays, ever. That is just my own opinion.

List your Top 5 services if you DO have knowledge in this area.

Thanks

Re: Top 5 (Legit) pick services in your opinion?

My friend started following

Highrollers

They say they are pretty good so i don't know.

Anyone heard of them or pay for their service?

patswin

EOG Veteran

I get the pointwise newsletter every week, have for the past couple of years. I don't always play there picks but they have good writeups and they do have good weeks. I think its worth the $80 it cost for the year. They pick both college and pro games. I don't have the time to cap every game so its helpful in narrowing down choices

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

"Legit" pick services? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Matt

EOG Veteran

BetRockers.com

Excellent European sports service, I follow one of their cappers selections frequently.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

I'm convinced Fezzik is legitimate. Picks are e-mailed for a time stamp and plainly listed on the website to track. It is possible to see a body of work such as 100 picks.

So many other touts make it impossible to track their body of work.

:+signs8-3 :+signs8-3 :+signs8-3

Brutus Buckeye

EOG Senior Member

The only picks I ever payed for were Jimmy Vacaro's. I was a big fan but he is no longer selling.

sublime79

EOG Member

I swear by hosts on Stanford Wong's Sharp Sports Betting

They had issues in the past (nothing dishonest just hiring the wrong people to host) but since hiring a sharp to run the board things have been nothing but positive.

Picks are posted for all to see on paid for pages so records are 100% legit. The 'hosts' usually answer any questions you have, whatever they may be. Picks are posted at widely available numbers and judged against -110 lines. A decent % of these picks can be gotten for better numbers and probably 99% at reduced juice. This is where the real value is anyways. A service that delivers at 54% @ -110 over a large number of picks at easily attained numbers is phenomenal if you are a good shopper.

THERE ARE NO "EXPERTS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST POSTER NAME I HAVE SEEN HERE-IDIOTSPAYFORPICK:houra

sublime79

EOG Member

I'm convinced Fezzik is legitimate. Picks are e-mailed for a time stamp and plainly listed on the website to track. It is possible to see a body of work such as 100 picks.

So many other touts make it impossible to track their body of work.

:+signs8-3 :+signs8-3 :+signs8-3

Fezzik is legit. I am still leery of betting anything other than his NFL though.

Santo

EOG Veteran

This kind of close mindedness is why some win, and others work an 8+ hour day to fund their gambling.

This kind of close mindedness is why some win, and others work an 8+ hour day to fund their gambling.
My Dear European freind.I don`t work.. I own my own business and rental properties..There are very knowledgable guys in the sport..But I truely beleive there are no experts..You are just as well off pickin yourself..Just my opinion..I respect yours..-Jojo

My Dear European freind.I don`t work.. I own my own business and rental properties..There are very knowledgable guys in the sport..But I truely beleive there are no experts..You are just as well off pickin yourself..Just my opinion..I respect yours..-Jojo

Jojo-Rex<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_473026", true); </SCRIPT> .............CAN U GIMME A JOB AND A 5 BEDROOM RENTAL RENT FREE?:D :D :D :D :D

Santo

EOG Veteran

Fair enough. I perhaps agree with the major North American sports. I disagree strongly for the rest of the world's sports (Cricket, Golf etc..) which is where the majority of my plays are (and smaller markets, with more value).

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Jo Jo - you have a point. I think we could gather the picks of all the suspect touts in the world and fade them and WIN. We could buy the crappy blue plate specials from them - not fork over the big bucks for the gold plate LOY stuff. Maybe, we are looking on this the wrong way. Maybe we should identify the touts that suck and fade them and get rich? Stay away from the guys that might be legitimate.

:+clueless :+clueless :+clueless

Santo

EOG Veteran

Even if they're tossing a coin they're 50-50, so it's not profitable to fade.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

The best capper I have ever encountered is Mel Stewart. A little on the expensive side, but all he does is win. Followed im for baseball one year and he made me a ton.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

Before Uncle Hache told me couple years ago how stupid it was to follow touts, the best few I remember runinn across was guys called Derek Sharp, Brandon Lane, Renostartotals, Lary Ness........

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

IMO Dr. Bob is far and away the best service out there. His analysis is the best of any capper out there IMO, and why you see his plays often "STEEM" right upon their release. He is a very humble, low profile, service. It has been just recently that people have found out of the guy, simply because large syndicates are HAMMERING his plays (he hit at a 75% clip on his " * " basis for college football last year, he's around 65% this season). Those who have followed him for years, are kind of laughing that "the world" is just starting to hear of him. He also has a great site detailing money management, and how to make $$$ at betting sports. It's really a great read, and can be seen for free on his site.

The kinds of services to AVOID IMO, are ones you hear any of the following:

1:GOY (game of the Year) which often amazingly your scamdicappers seem to have one almost everyday.

2:"LOCK", or "GUARANTEED WINNER". As MOST who have been around know there is obviously no such thing.

3: 1000*, 1000000000*, ext. Ridiculous touting ploys of how strong a play is.

4: Unbelievable records (80% or better).Ridiculous claims on there record, which is often made up, or completely undocumented.

Another solid service I know of is ASA (American Sports Analysts) which is based here in Wisconsin. They are really solid at college football, and almost always have a very profitable season (I have not checked how they have done this year, but the last two seasons were very good). They release a 10* play every year, and I believe they have hit that play like 12 straight years.

Hope that helps...

Fair enough. I perhaps agree with the major North American sports. I disagree strongly for the rest of the world's sports (Cricket, Golf etc..) which is where the majority of my plays are (and smaller markets, with more value).

Tell us about sportpunter Santo. I've heard good things. I see you post on their board.

ynot

EOG Dedicated

Brandon Lang, the best capper in the whole world.....;)

I see people here and on other sites drooling for this guys plays. Of the ones I have seen he doesn't seem to do all that good.

Could you please share his 2006:

Baseball record........................
NCAA football record........................
NFL football record................................

Thank you,

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

From what I have heard, his (Brandon lang) very high rated plays fair well, but the rest are just average at best.

Perhaps someone can provided the documented #'s.

BTW, I just heard on a radio show that ASA is releasing the 10* play on Saturday. They have been in business for 10 years now, and have won that play all 9 years. The line will STEEM on this, much like the Dr Bob plays do. I have no clue what time they release it tomorrow, but I'll be watching for some steem on Saturday.

For what it's worth, it's my BELIEF that their play will be IOWA (-20). I could very well be wrong on that, but I know how the two cappers up there work (their big game is always a Big 10 game, and I know the angles they love to use), and I think you have a very strong chance of them being on Iowa...We shall see.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

chalkie:

ya ever been to a packers g??

tia

gl

:dancefool

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

chalkie:

ya ever been to a packers g??

tia

gl

:dancefool
Kelp: Yeppers.
I was at the opener vs Da bears this year. That really sucked, as they were dominated start to finish. I will be going to the Packer/Vikings game later this year, so hopefully that one will be a better one to attend. One you can actually cheer about something, and not just the cheerleaders below us, like the Bears game.:+textinb3

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

I heard Lang on Fox Sports Radio this AM. He is on with Czaben and the first team on fox. Its great to hear a sports talk radio that actually talks A LOT about sports betting. Langs big play for Sunday probably will be New England.

Had good luck with Underdog Sports and Tom Scott in the past. For others, I tend to look for smaller conference games as the info may be better on those games (MAC, Sun Belt) etc.

Brutus Buckeye

EOG Senior Member

If by "expert" you mean Immortal...you're probably right. Otherwise, I think you'd have a hard time arguing that a guy like Jimmy Vaccaro is not an expert by any normal definition of the word.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

From what I have heard, his (Brandon lang) very high rated plays fair well, but the rest are just average at best.

Perhaps someone can provided the documented #'s.

BTW, I just heard on a radio show that ASA is releasing the 10* play on Saturday. They have been in business for 10 years now, and have won that play all 9 years. The line will STEEM on this, much like the Dr Bob plays do. I have no clue what time they release it tomorrow, but I'll be watching for some steem on Saturday.

For what it's worth, it's my BELIEF that their play will be IOWA (-20). I could very well be wrong on that, but I know how the two cappers up there work (their big game is always a Big 10 game, and I know the angles they love to use), and I think you have a very strong chance of them being on Iowa...We shall see.

Funny how good I have become at knowing exactly what these services are on before they even release the play!

ASA's 10* release was indeed Iowa.
Not only did Iowa not come ANYWHERE close to covering the -20, they would not even put up 20 points!!:doh1