"If You Know It Show It" Week 10 Picks thread 11/2 - 11/6

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
RULES

Please post your write-up analysis and picks with lines and where (Sports Book) you got them from in this thread for week 9 of this contest. If you want to have them posted after the deadline, then please email Dirty or myself and we will post for you. General@Eog.com & Dirty@Eog.com.

Deadline for week 10 plays is 7:30 PM EST on Thursday 11/2/06.

If you have questions or comments, please start another thread so we can keep this thread clean with picks and write-ups only.

Thanks

Re: "If You Know It Show It" Week 10 Picks thread 11/2 - 11/6

Reload's Week 9 NFL "Triple Penetration" featuring my "Shoot Your Load" Game of the Week!
EOG "If You Know It, Show It" Writeup Contest Record: 12-12-2 (-0.44 units)

Reload's "Shoot Your Load" Game of the Week:
Washington Redskins plus 3 points against Dallas
(-101 Pinnacle: Get your 7% Horse Rebates at Pinnacle for the Breeders Cup this weekend!)

NFC "Loaded Dog" of the Week:
Detroit Lions plus 5 points against Atlanta
(-107 Pinnacle: Get your 7% Horse Rebates at Pinnacle for the Breeders Cup this weekend!)

AFC "Divisional Destruction" Game of the Week:
Cincinnati Bengals plus 3 points against Baltimore
(+104 Pinnacle: Get your 7% Horse Rebates at Pinnacle for the Breeders Cup this weekend!)

Last week, my "Double Load Shocker" Game of the Year was an easy winner as the Jacksonville Jaguars won outright against the Philadelphia Eagles as a big underdog! Although I have no "Game of the Year" excitement this week, I look to keep the winning going with the return of "Triple Penetration"! It's my top 3 selections for Week 9 of the NFL headlined by my "Shoot Your Load" Game of the Week play which has not lost all season! You get that one along with my NFC "Loaded Dog" of the Week and my AFC "Divisional Destruction" Game of the Week. Get your reloads in and go 3-0 on Sunday with "Triple Penetration"!

For my first play in this week's "Triple Penetration" package and my best bet in Week 9, I am taking the Washington Redskins plus 3 points against the Dallas Cowboys in my "Shoot Your Load" Game of the Week!

The Dallas Cowboys come into this game off of their big Sunday night win against the Carolina Panthers, and the public is all over Dallas in this one now as a road favorite because of it. But this is the NFC East we are talking about here and I see this game in Washington being a more difficult for spot for Dallas. Despite the Sunday night win, new Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo still has a lot to prove and going into Washington for a big divisional game will be a tougher scenario than last week. Cowboys fans are hoping for some deja vu here with Romo replacing Drew Bledsoe and that maybe it could lead to a big season like when Tom Brady replaced Bledsoe at quarterback for the Patriots years ago. But I cannot buy into that yet and I feel Dallas will lose this game in Washington. Let's not forget that Dallas was behind most of their game against Carolina and only pulled ahead in the 4th quarter. The Panthers also turned the ball over three times and I would expect the Cowboys to not get as lucky this week. Dallas will have to play better than they did in Carolina to get another win on the road and I do not see it happening here. Also remember that Dallas beat Washington already this year at home as a 7 point favorite back in Week 2, and the Redskins will be looking for payback. Like most NFL teams, road favorite trends do not favor the Cowboys as they have gone 0-4 against the spread in their last 4 games as a road favorite of 3 points or less. It also would be hard to duplicate another high scoring effort like last week as the Cowboys are 1-8 against the spread in their last 9 games that followed one where they scored over 30 points.

The Washington Redskins have been falling fast with three straight losses, but come into this game off of their bye week and should turn things around here against Dallas. Even though the Redskins have only won 1 out of 3 home games this year, their home field advantage has to help them a lot in this rematch with the Cowboys from Week 2. The spot especially helps them to be playing at home off of their bye week and the Cowboys playing on the road for a second straight week with a new starting quarterback. Although Dallas has had one of the top 5 rushing offenses in the NFL, the Redskins are not far behind in being ranked 7th in the NFL for rushing with an average of 128 yards on the ground per game. In their last two games, the Redskins had halftime leads blown but now get to face a team they are more familiar with and should improve at making adjustments throughout the game. Quarterback Mark Brunell of the Redskins still remains ranked in the top 10 of the NFL with a rating of 90.4, and above quarterbacks of winning teams such as Rex Grossman of the Bears and Eli Manning of the Giants. Brunell still remains underrated and has had better effort than both the statistics and results of the season have shown so far. Overall, I feel the Redskins have needed the right spot to win again and this week is it. I took the Redskins in their last home underdog spot when the played the Jacksonville Jaguars several weeks ago and they won outright cashing for my readers as my "Head-scalper Shocker" of the Week. This is now another home underdog spot for them and I see the same type of outright win happening for them.

The line favoring the Cowboys by 3 is too high, and overall I feel the wrong team has been favored here. I feel it is instead the Redskins who should have been favored by 3, and at the very least should not be getting points here. It is tough for me to picture the Cowboys going from being a 7 point favorite in their first matchup against Washington, being inconsistent since then, making a starting quarterback change, and now are still favored by 3 on the road in their rematch. The Redskins are 4-1 against the spread in their last five games as a home underdog of 3 points or less and 8-2 against the spread in their last 10 games that followed a bye week. Despite the rough season they have had, this home underdog spot after a bye week is a very positive situation for Washington. The bye week also helps some of the higher profile Redskins players get over some documented injuries and this list includes Brunell, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, and David Patten. In divisional matchups, I will also tend to lean toward the team going into it with a losing streak against opponents outside of the division because they will be a lot more up for the game and that fits the Redskins here. Add in that it's also a divisional revenge spot and those of you who followed my WNBA plays know, "Payback's The Bitch" in the NFL also. The final clincher in making this my "Shoot Your Load" Game of the Week was that all four of HBO's "Inside The NFL" panel have picked Dallas for this game - let's hope for the same result with that as last week when they all picked the Eagles and the Jaguars smoked them in my "Double Load Shocker" Game of the Year. Shoot your load on the Redskins and take the points here!

For the second play in my "Triple Penetration" package for this week, I am taking the Detroit Lions plus 5 points against the Atlanta Falcons as my NFC "Loaded Dog" of the Week!

The Atlanta Falcons have been the talk of the NFL with pulling out two big wins in the last two weeks, but this week it is a trap spot for them against the Detroit Lions in the Silverdome. Some people out there might figure Michael Vick and the Falcons are use to playing in a dome so the conditions in Detroit may not matter a whole lot. But they will be facing an underrated and undervalued opponent in the Lions. The issue I continue to have with the Falcons is how one dimensional they are with Michael Vick's scrambling and having the best rushing offense in the NFL. Overall, not having more of a variety to defeat opponents with will hurt them and I feel this will come up against the Lions. On defense, the Falcons are still below average and have given up an average of 234 yards against the pass per game, and an even worse 280 yards per game through the air on average of their last three games. All of this tells me that it is difficult to make them favored on the road against anyone and that they can lose on any given Sunday.

The Detroit Lions remain one of the least favorite teams of bettors out there, but finally got their first win of the season in their last home game. In fact, Detroit's only two covers of the season have come out of their three games at home. In both of the covers, Detroit was a home underdog and this looks like another promising spot to take them getting points. Did you know that despite their 1-7 record, the Detroit Lions have one of the top 5 passing offenses in the NFL? Yes, they are ranked number 5 in the league and have put up an average of 247 yards through the air in each game. Given this, I feel they will have what it takes to penetrate the weak Falcons pass defense and keep this game close. On defense, Detroit has held their own against the run and I think will challenge the Falcons more on the ground then they have been in the past couple of weeks. In their last home game, the Lions held Willis McGahee of the Bills to only 66 yards of rushing and back in Week 1 held Shawn Alexander of the Seahawks to a disappointing 51 yards. James Hall of the Lions also has 5 sacks already this season and the defensive line of the Lions could give the Falcons offense a tough time all day in this one.

The line favoring the Falcons by 5 points is too high and I thought it should have really been less than 3 points. I obviously figured the Falcons would be favored in this game because they always get a lot of action once they start appearing hot, and the Lions always seem so unappealing to take. But it's an inflated pointspread with the only question being by how much. Overall, I feel the Falcons will get another close victory as they did in the past two weeks and it will be by only 1 or 2 points. But the chances are even there for an outright Lions upset - remember how the Falcons got whipped when visiting the Saints in another dome. And in general, the 5-6 point range of underdog has always been one of my favorite amount of points to take because it traps the public so much. They think a game will never fall on 5 and also want to get in on the favorite before it goes up to 7 points. So it seems like they get a great deal but they begin forgetting that giving 5 points means you are also giving 4.5, 4, 3.5, and 3. This one certainly takes some courage to bet, but the Lions are the way to go here. Take the points with Detroit!

My final game for Sunday's "Triple Penetration" is my AFC "Divisional Destruction" Game of the Week and I am taking the Cincinnati Bengals plus 3 points against the Baltimore Ravens.

The Baltimore Ravens come into this one off a big road win against the Saints and suddenly the "Just Don't Lose" offense put some big points on the board. But it will be a tougher battle this week as they face the Cincinatti Bengals in this big divisional matchup. I am still not sold on the Ravens offense even with the big showing last week. More often then not, Steve McNair and the Baltimore offense tend to do "too little, too late" and I would expect a divisional game like this to have them behind in the 4th quarter needing some type of game winning drive to pull it out. Overall, the Ravens offense still ranks among the NFL's lowest with an average of only 274 yards per game. Defense is still the Ravens strongpoint, but even there, opponents have found ways lately to get more yards through the air on them. Baltimore now ranks only 16th in the league for pass defense giving up an average of 207 yards per game, and an even worse 277 yard average per game in their last three games. The Ravens are also only 1-4 against the spread in the last 5 games that followed one where they gave up more than 250 yards through the air.

The Cincinnati Bengals have been making bettors jump off their bandwagon lately as they have now not covered in 4 straight games after starting out the season on fire with three straight covers. But I feel one issue with that was they started becoming overvalued and were laying points in their last four games. Now they are back to getting points and it's a sizeable 3 points which may come in very handy down the stretch against Baltimore. The Bengals still have a solid passing offense and have put up an average of 247 yards through the air in their last three games which equals the Ravens -total- offense average per game. Carlson Palmer remains one of the league's top quarterbacks with a passer rating of 93.4 despite facing some tough defenses. Speaking of defense, it has remained a concern with the Bengals but they have only given up an average of 20 points a game which puts them 12th in the NFL. And did anyone know that Justin Smith of the Bengals has more sacks this season at 6.5 than anyone on the Ravens? In the end, it does not take much defense to stop the Ravens offense but the Bengals should have an easier time stopping Baltimore than Michael Vick and the Falcons last week. Playing on the road should also not be a problem for the Bengals as they are 7-1 against the spread in their last 8 road games against teams with winning home records.

The line favoring Baltimore by 3 points seems typical for a big divisional matchup but I think the performance of both teams last week is factoring too much into this. Overall, I can see Cincinnati winning this game straight up by 1 or 2 points and return to the form they had on the road to start the season with their wins in Kansas City and Pittsburgh. The Ravens have not performed well after wins this season as they went on to not cover against the spread in the game following their last two wins. I see that happening again this week and they will come up short against the Bengals. Take Cincinnati plus the points!

Final thoughts on Week 9:
Taking three underdogs in any week involves courage but have no fear! The dogs are barking again in the NFL and this week should be no exception. As with last week, I am hoping to cash in again thanks to situational handicapping and public perception. Last week, no one gave the Jacksonville Jaguars a chance in Philadephia but I emphatically took them as my "Double Load Shocker" Game of the Year despite their quarterback switch made mid-week and other issues. The whole panel of HBO's Inside the NFL got it wrong but my readers cashed! And you can keep cashing right here on EOG - not only with the NFL, but with the NBA starting this week as well as the Breeders Cup this weekend! My NBA season got off to a great start as my "Black Clover" Game of the Year cashed on Wednesday with the New Orleans Hornets easily winning outright against the Celtics. Who says you can't have a Game of the Year as your first play of the season and start off winning big? No matter what, remember what I always say - "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always reload"! So get those reloads in and load up on all the action!

Coast2Coast

EOG Senior Member

Baltimore -3 vs. Cincinnati (Greek)
The Ravens are a dominant defensive team (3rd overall; 1st against the run), while the Bungles can't run the ball (25th) and can't stop the run (25th). The Bungles' offensive line has been a mess with injuries. It looks like a given to me that the Bungles will be one-dimensional, which just means that the Ravens pass rush can pin their ears back and the secondary won't have to worry about run support. The Bengals have been efficient when they have gotten in the red zone...although they haven't gotten there nearly as much yet this season as they did last year. The Bengals are the only team in the NFL to score every time they've been in the red zone this season, scoring 12 TDs and 7 FGs on their 19 trips to the red zone this year. Baltimore, however, negates this efficiency as the Ravens lead the NFL in red zone defense, allowing just 2 TDs (league leading 14%), 5 FGs and 7 trips with zero points. So Cincy has gotten into the red zone just 19 times in 7 games, while Baltimore has allowed just 14 trips in 7 games. That's not very much offensive production to be expected for Cincy. And not nearly enough to cover against a team that looks to be more productive offensively after the firing of OC Fassell. The Ravens running game should have a decent day against the Bengals' defense, opening the door for McNair to again make some big plays in the passing game.

Coast2Coast

EOG Senior Member

San Jose State-New Mexico State UNDER 62-1/2 (Pinnacle)
I played on NMS OVER a few times early this season when they played pass-oriented teams with bad defenses (like UTEP). Hal Mumme is a classic "over" coach as his team throws nearly every down and is one of the two worst defenses in America. However, this SJS team is not the stereotypical all pass/little D Wac team. Dick Tomey has brought the most interest in defense to the San Jose campus since I was dodging Iranian protestors as a student there in the 70s. The Spartans are 2nd in the WAC in scoring defense (behind Boise), allowing just 19 ppg. And the Spartans are first in pass defense, allowing just 160 ypg. Now they might not be first after this game, considering NMS will likely throw 60x in the game. However, one of the keys that Tomey brings into this game is the desire to possess the ball, control the clock and keep the NMS offense off the field (so his defense can rest between their constant bouts with pass defense chasing). And Tomey has the running game to do that with the little longhair Yonus Davis carrying for nearly 100 ypg and the Spartans, overall, ranking 2nd in the Wac in rushing offense (behind Boise). Last year, SJS used the same strategy of running the ball (257 yards on 49 attempts) and controlling time of possession (34 minutes, compared to 26 for NMS) in a 27-10 win. I expect the same approach and similar stats (if not score) this year.

Coast2Coast

EOG Senior Member

Purdue-Michigan State OVER 55-1/2 (Pinnacle)
Two "go against" teams with bad defenses hook up here and the defenses are so bad, particularly in pass coverage, that both offenses might have their most productive conference games of the season. Michigan State is 7th and Purdue last in the conference in total defense. The two teams are 9th and 11th (Pur) in pass defense, and 9th and 11th (MSU) in scoring defense. And while MSU's total defense stats might be a shade better than Purdue's, Sparty is a mess in so many ways, ranking last in the conference in sacks, red zone defense, opponents' 4th down conversions and penalties. Both offenses, however, have been reasonably productive when they have played opponents without outstanding defenses. The teams rank 1st and 4th in the Big Ten in pass offense and 3rd and 5th in scoring offense. With both teams having disappointing seasons, and with MSU coach John L. Smith already fired and Purdue coach Joe Tiller deserving to be fired, this game looks to be one of those "who gives a darn, let's just fling the ball all over the lot" kind of games. After some bad losses, these teams need a little fun in their lives and an offensive explosion might be good for their souls....even if one of them will be on the losing end.

Coast2Coast

EOG Senior Member

Kent St. -15 @ Buffalo (Includes free 1/2 pt. at Skybook)
I normally don't lay doubles on the road, but I'm making an exception here for what I think is an "exceptional" situation. Kent suffered a big loss last week at home to Ohio and you might think they would be flat here. But while that loss hurt Kent's chances at a Mac title, it hasn't killed them as Ohio still has a few tough games left. Kent is a solid Mac-quality rushing team and last week's loss was no real disgrace. They weren't outplayed, except for a few returns. The offensive/defensive stats with Ohio were very comparable. The thing is, this Buffalo team BEAT Kent last year, so the Flashes of Kent are feeling a little payback might be in order. So here we have a good team, coming off a loss, going to play one of the worst five teams in America...and they are bringing the bitter taste of revenge with them. Now I don't normally play the "revenge" angle, but combined with the fact Kent is coming off a loss and is still in the hunt for the Mac title, I think they will bring full attention to this one. Buffalo is just absolutely pitiful on both sides of the ball. They can't stop the run, which will be critical in matching up with Kent, as the Bulls rank 4th worst in the nation in rushing defense. And Buffalo is inept on offense, ranking 7th worst in the nation in total offense. I normally wouldn't play road chalk mismatches like this, but as I said, the situation will lead to Kent bringing the energy necessary to cover this 2 TD+ nut.

mofome

Banned

Not much time…forgot about the contest goodness.

Bc/wake over 40 pinny
Last year this game had over 60 points and I wouldn’t be surprised to see that total closed in on again this year. BC has had trouble stopping most decent offenses this year and the unorthodox style that wake features should give them trouble. Wake runs out of a lot of formations and uses a lot of misdirection on the ground. Boston College has held their last few opponents to low totals, but each of those teams has major issues on the offensive side of the ball.
BC shouldn’t have a lot of difficulty moving the ball with their big oline and veteran QB. BC also has a great kick returner in smith who could give them good field position on the change of possession. I like the over in this game that I definitely will not watch.

Oklahoma/TXAM under 47.(pinny)
Both of these teams like to run and control time of possession. Even with the loss of Peterson, OU has run a ball control offense and let their defense win games. This game has gone Over the total in 6 of the last 7 meetings so hopefully im not just stupid (which is a possibility im not willing to rule out).
OU hasn’t allowed over 10 points in any of their last 3 games and each of their last 4 contests have gone under the total. The AM dline gets Red Bryant back this week which should help their cause in stopping the run and hopefully keep OU from gaining big yards on first down. I expect a lot of running and a close game which will keep each team true to their game plan late into the contest.

Maryland +19.5 (pinny)
The Terps are coming off a big win and should have some confidence riding their current win streak. MD has played well and only been badly outscored in one game (WVU) and in that game they turned the ball over so often that they never gave themselves a chance; even still, they had a 4<SUP>th</SUP> and goal on their last possession for the cover. The Terps feature 3 very talented backs in Allen, Ball and Latimore and a QB that’s been limiting his mistakes. Clemson coming off a bad beat is not great news for the terps but a blueprint for stopping the tigers may have been produced in that Thursday night game. I don’t think the terps will beat Clemson but stranger things have happened. With CRF calling the plays the Terp offense has matured a bit this season and even a deficit of 26 late in the game doesn’t prevent the chance of a backdoor cover. These teams figure to run the ball a lot and the scoring shouldn’t get too out of hand; certainly not to the point where a team of heterosexual Terps should lose by 20+. (Terps also benefit from the noon start)

Okst +18 (pinny)
I don’t know what makes OKST such a huge dog, but I’ll take my chances with the points. Bowman (transfer from UNC) has proved to be one of the best wideouts in the nation this year and he will be going vs. a Longhorn secondary that’s been craptastic this season. The cowboys can put up points and should put up enough to cover the 18 points they are getting. Again we have a situation where the backdoor is certainly a possibility. If Texas is up by 26+ with 2 minutes left im in trouble, otherwise I will be feeling good about the play. Moving from +17 to+18 could be the difference b/w a push and a win, but I think it will be a fairly close game. The national champs get the other teams best, each time out.

that’s enough

mofome

Banned

Ok one more.
Baylor/TT over 55 pinny
At first I thought this was a team total and I will admit, I was hesitant. But, seeing as I get to add the points Baylor will score with the point TT will score, im pretty excited. Whats to say? Both teams average over 25 points per game and each team has a pooman defense. Baylor seems to be able to score on everyone and each team like to pass the ball which could make for a slow game and a lot of first downs. Each team has over 2500 passing yards this season and when Shawn bell isn?t passing to his own team, he seems to have no trouble finding the other. I think big plays rule the day and we may be lucky enough to have a pic 6 or 12. This game only went 32 points under the total last year; hopefull that?s not the beginning of one of those dreaded ?trends?. If the loser in this game can score 17 points, I think we may have ourselves a winner. Should the loser score 30 points, that pretty much locks us in to a victory and we can dance naked in the streets. Im not a fan of the word ?lock?, but if the losing team does reach 30...well?im just gonna say it, it?s a lock that we win. Shit, I jinxed it, didn?t I. Fuck, reverse jinx time. There is no way this game goes over the total. None. Right? that?s how the reverse jinx works. Should be gold.

ATL - 5 ( pinny )

Detriot is one of the worst defenses in football. Atlanta has been hot on offense behind the play of vick. I'd take people in a wheelchair against det. Their defense is the worst in the league. They cant stop anyone really.

ATL team total over 26 (pinny )

same reason as above

KC TT ova 22.5 ( pinny)

Bottom line is STL cant stop larry johnson. KC should be too physical for stl. STL has no D. KC D is decent. With jared allen and tamba hali they could get pressure on bulger making it a long day for stl.

KC +3 ( bodog )

same as above

Cin +3 (bodog )

Balt's weakness is in the 2ndary. They play man to man mostly against teams. TJ, chad , chris henry 1 on 1 vs any cbs in the league, ill take them everytime. Cincy will be able to score on balt. cincy d is awful so balt can score too. Looking for this to be a high scoring affair.

Cin TT over 18.5 ( pinny )

same as above

Cin/balt over 40.5 ( pinny )

same as above

DAL -3 ( bodog)

Skins are bottom 5 in the nfl in offense and defense. So being dal -3 is ok wit me.

HOU +13.5 (bodog)

Might be a look ahead game for the giants. They play the bears the following week. Giants tend to relax against teams they should beat under coghlin and play poorly vs those teams. They didn't look good vs tb , they probably wont look good again here vs hou. I don't think the giants will be "up" for the game.

Wally Lundi starting rb for HOU is making his return to his hometown look for him to get off on the giants.

SF TT ova 19 ( pinny )

Bottom line is SF got their OL back last week. Larry allen and Jonas jennings returned. These guys are key to their success on offense. Allen will be able to open up running lanes for gore. Look for gore to have a big game. When u can run u can pass in the nfl. SF will score. PLus they are mad on getting blown own last week. Look for them to come out strong.

MIA +14 ( bodog )

Chicago is coming off the 3rd biggest margin of leading a game in the history of the nfl 41-0 at halftime. They are playing the 1-6 dolphins so after blowing out sf easily , and playing a team thats garbage, i can't really see them being "up" for the game. MIami has a good defense. They can hold chb, the bears O isnt that amazin to me.

CHB TT under 25 ( pinny )

Same reasons as above.

GB TT ova 18.5 (pinny )

Buffalo does not have a good defense. Green bay has a more than capable offense. They can score 21 easily on a team that doesnt have a good defense. Only thing that concerns me is the weather. If its bad they will struggle scoring, but other than that this should hit easily.

TB +1.5 (bodog)

New Orleans sustained alotta tough injuries last game. They are heading into TB pretty banged up. Bush has a sprained ankle and is questionable along with joe horn and jamal brown. Those guys are key people for the saints.

TB has a good defense, they can can compete with the saints. Their offense is weak. But if they can get a few scores and not turn the ball over they wil beat the saints.

Pitt -2.5 (bodog)

I don't think denvers conservative offense can get it done vs pitts D. They wont be able to run the ball on pitt defense, so that will leave it all up to plummer. But i think the same will be true for pitt. Rothlisberger has been awful, if he's awful again pitt will lose. Im looking for him to have a bounceback game here. Pitt is a tough place to win in also. So the home field adv will help pitt out also.

Coast2Coast

EOG Senior Member

Indiana +6-1/2 @ Minnesota (includes free 1/2 @ Skybook)
Soft favorites are teams with losing records that are favored. Going against soft favorites has always been a staple of my handicapping because bad teams have enough trouble winning games outright, let alone covering spreads. Here I’m going against soft favorite Minnesota (0-5 in the Big Ten SU and ATS;3-6 overall). And, I’m getting nearly a touchdown with THE turnaround team in the Big Ten, the IU Hoosiers, in the midst of a "hot" streak not seen in Bloomington in years. What Terry Hoeppner at IU is doing this year may not quite be defined as “remarkable”, but it is as good a one-season turnaround (so far) as we’ve seen in the Big Ten since Gary Barnett took Northwestern to the Rose Bowl 10 years ago. Picked by most “experts” to occupy the basement of the conference, IU has won three of their last four games straight up, all as underdogs, losing only to #1 Ohio State in the last month. And this team is playing a LOT of frosh and sophs Hoeppner has recruited the last few years and they seemingly are getting better every week. In my opinion, the linesmakers still have not caught up to how this team is playing. Young QB Lewis is making outstanding reads (10 TDs, 4 INTs) and WR Hardy could be first team all-conference this year. Except for their two games against Ohio State and (top 2- ranked) Wisconsin, the Hoosiers have scored 30 points or more in each of their Big Ten games. Minnesota is its usual run-oriented self and is getting inconsistent play from QB Ryan Cupito. In fact, the Gophers have only scored 15 ppg. in Big Ten games...and they’re coming off a 44-0 beating to Ohio state that has left the team physically, if not emotionally beaten. IU is coming off a big win last week over Michigan State, in which the Lewis to Hardy combination hit for 4 TDs. I’d give the emotional edge to IU, along with the line value on an undervalued Hoosiers team. Combine that with the line value from an overvcalued Minny and undervalued IU, and we have a play on the "hot" up and coming Hoosiers.