FROG's NBA Regular season thread...

Re: FROG's NBA Regular season thread...

I think you had this game pegged a month ago..Great call to start off the year..Wish I would have listened..-Jojo

... because you're comfortable with the best.

What was the ATSMOV on this one? 50! Damn that was easier than a normal Barca. Good way to start. I guess it was a gift after all. Doug, if you want to post a O word for me I don't need the entire dictionary. LOL. Well about as good as start as I could hope for. Never in doubt. I would say that was a good lead and a great finish. Have been on a roll last couple of weeks, and seems to be continuing. Did we do well or what?

Already had cigar, last round of trick or treating.

OF...:houra

Back to business. Some of us have totals that I floated out there as buys. We should see where they are now, and what should we do?

They are early leads. Some I am in front of, others with. I would not say they are plays, but leads with no tracking. It is up to you what you do with them.

Let's recap them.

Knix ov 184 1/2...now 187 1/2...now 189...now 194 1/2 nice 10 point move.
Motown ov 189 1/2...now 191-192 1/2...192 1/2-193...now 195 5 1/2 points
Nets ov 196...now 198...now 199 1/2...now 206 1/2 10 1/2 point mover.

Who was that guy at the RX that made the lines move? Got over 10 points on 2 out of 3 here and a pretty nice 8 to 4 last night. Where is my marketing team? I bought in these pretty small, and we are not tracking here as I did not release them as normal plays. However, per my word, I bought them all with no intent of middling, so I will just keep anything I have one unit on, and shoot a middle on anything I got over 1 unit down to letting 1 unit ride. As we speak the Knix is getting hit down, but no worries. So if you got them, it is your choice. Shoot a very large middle or try to hold on for the win off a value number.

Very busy, will have two sides very soon.

OF...:+waving-5

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Good start :thumbsup

I grabbed a little under in the second half of Bulls game hoping the 30 point lead would lead to less ambition in the second half. Got a winner there and then i played a last minute on the Lakers under. Was a loser after the 1st qtr I think. These weren't posted, but I am just sharing my opening night experience.

Get em Men

Atl +6 1/2 (2 units) W/A

Not much I can do here as I bought in a little bit better but it got hit down off of 7 this AM. The big movers came out to play but that was the only one I was interested in. Two things keeping this from being a 3 unit, I missed the 7 and Marvin is out. Still, you have one horrible defensive team laying 3 scores, vs. a team that should have no trouble scoring on them. I thought last night the Bulls would have no trouble scoring on the Heat, but the Heat could struggle mightily. Both of these teams can score, and should. But ATL looks to be improved where Philly just looks another year older and thinner. If you have a straggler 7 by all means buy it, but I will only use W/A numbers for tracking.

Record 1-0 +2.9 units.

Normally I hit the totals pretty hard, but not opening week. You have no idea which teams are going to be going uptempo, and worse, of those which will be successful. You also do not really know who is going to take the floor, see Kobe. And that went way over! What I am very hesitant to do is take unders. I have a feeling a lot of these totals came out way to low. Obviously as some moved 10 points. We will scout more or less for the first few games as to not walk off a plank. Comfortable holding best overs with good numbers I got for small. The only one I did not list was Philly over 199. If you combined all 4 of those it would not equal the Bulls play. So my weighting is a tad off but there wil be 1 unit moves from here to there so I have no problem there. I envision most of my larger spots being totals, so hold on for that time. Good to see the board light up with moves, this should be fun.

Another word of caution. Playing favorites early can eat you alive. Look at last night, two huge upsets. Not even close to covering teasers. This is not the time to think they have the teams lined right. They don't.

Good start :thumbsup

I grabbed a little under in the second half of Bulls game hoping the 30 point lead would lead to less ambition in the second half. Got a winner there and then i played a last minute on the Lakers under. Was a loser after the 1st qtr I think. These weren't posted, but I am just sharing my opening night experience.

Get em Men

Well I hit the Bulls very hard. Was posted. and also lost 1/2 unit over 186 that game, not posted. Then after seeing pace in game #2, took 2H ov 103 for a unit. Not posted. Still getting settled in, but I will post 2H fairly often when I am on the computer instead of trick or treating. Family first, but that is done except the cleanup. Keep an eye open for those 2H spots, I am normally pretty reliable on those. So far so good General Sir.

OF...:cheers

Nicely done on da Bulls Froggie...

Brings back memories...:cheers

This is my 4th year in front of you. Hey at least the price is right. You have one forum where a guy talks about helping people out while he lines his pockets talking. And another forum where a guy actually does help out for nothing and just keeps walking. Is that good for you The Shrink? I may not get 100,000 views, or have boatloads of newbies proclaiming I am God, but keeping it real brings the guys back. Always looks impressive when your 8 pt dog wins by 42, but pays the same. Next.

Do I appear mentally unbalanced to you? :LMAO

• Chuckles Barkley, as usual, had the line of the night, after the Bulls' 42-point annihilation of the Heat -- "I was talking to my bookie earlier today, and I took Miami +40 . . ."

Funny guy.

The action is "Fantastic" so far with a bunch of major moves. Big buybacks and all across the board. Double digit moves are sweet. Lot of up and backs. If I was looking to buy one new total, I would look at Warriors over 202 1/2. Late game with Nellie turning up the jets on last night playing high scoring Lakers, this one has a lot of potential.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Agreed. But i have decided to only go with 1 play per day this NBA season. What do you think about my Charlotte +2 play?

I think Charlotte will offer more value on the road getting big points. Not sure if they have the inside game less Brezec to matchup with Indy's front line. They also faced each twice preseason, splitting. Don't feel confident on either team to get a good read here. I will watch and learn, but good luck to you.

Bucks +7 1/2 (2 units) Pinny, CRIS, Cascade.

These teams are very familiar to each other, being div foes and meeting in playoffs. Muhammed for Ben, ok. Maybe not. Just him not being there changes the entire complexion of this team. And not for the better, he was the man, cap. The new complaint rule was made for Motown. They whined and complained their way to a title and a few good years. But I see a slide taking place, the magic that once was no longer is. I think with Flip this team has digressed, and losing Ben accels the process. And here comes the usual bum of the night Bucks. However, many nights last season, they hung tough, or outplayed Motown. They appear to be better by getting rid of a stiff in Magloire. Getting Charlie was a huge upgrade. Bogut comes back from injury ready for the opener. Mo plays better every season. Redd is still one of the best shooters in the game and losing Simmons might not be bad as they picked up Patterson to possibly replace him anyway. I know I would have. To me, this team could be very improved, was also one of the quietest most improved teams last year. Three scores is too high for this game tonight. Written and created by OF.

203 might be bargain on Warriors now.

Your writeups seem interesting and well reasoned, and your selection on Chicago last night was as good a start to a season as anyone could ever hope to have.

I am wondering if they are a good value again tonight, as last night's
win had to be quite an uplift, and the easy second half and short flight
might offset the normal fatigue factor in a back-to-back situation.
They were extremely impressive last night, but I do agree with you that playing favorites is very risky right now, as it is extremely difficult
to determine where the prices should be.

I am looking forward to seeing how your selections do tonight.

Ty is out with broke nose, and emotionally charged revenge game to resting and waiting opponent an ugly spot. Even better, Bulls got bet from +3 to -2. Did the Magic get bad watching? In my humble opinion, an overeaction. Was more of the Heat being fat and worn out, not even close to ready to play. The Heat lost by record 42 because they were not regular season ready, just like they looked in the preseason. I think the Magic closed out the season winning 12 out of 13 home games. Something like that. They beat the top teams in the league. They are also an up and comer, just as not far along as Bulls. Putting an awful lot of value, a 5 point move on one result. Shoe might be on the other foot for the Bulls tonight.

Magic +2 (1 unit) Oly, CRIS, Cascade

Going to take a flier on a live home dog that could be irrational exuberence from last's night Bulls stampede. Not sure Magic will just play like rodeo clowns like Miami. Pretty big stage and emotional level. I had Bulls about +3 before they played last night. I don't see how they are now a 2 point fave on the road 2nd of B2B. I think value is on Magic.

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran

what happen to the 3 unit to 6 unit plays?

Now you have decided to change to 1 and 2 unit plays only? So much less in terms of bankroll % bets? Or was there a mistake.

I have 3 plays tonight, 2,2 and 1. Decided to taker slow for first few days. Will get back to, 3's and 4's within a day.

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran

I'm on Raptors +7.5 Froggie... do u think Raps have a chance this yr to make playoffs?

Going to take a flier on a live home dog that could be irrational exuberence from last's night Bulls stampede. Not sure Magic will just play like rodeo clowns like Miami. Pretty big stage and emotional level. I had Bulls about +3 before they played last night. I don't see how they are now a 2 point fave on the road 2nd of B2B. I think value is on Magic.

...........If this thing loses I will never again post a premature thought in this thread during a game..I am watching this on my NBA season pass and the pick looks great so far..O 49-33 5:42 left in second quarter..:cheers

........PLAIN AND SIMPLE-YOU MADE ME $ TONIGHT..THANK YOU:houra

Well two outright upsets with Bucks being real sweet. But crappy read on Atlanta and Speedy's not ready for primetime ate up a potentially nice day. And the 76ers gave them every opportunity to backdoor, they still could not. Oh well. Looks like 3 out of 5 of those totals hit also. But for tracking purposes, 2-1 +.8. I'll take a winning day everyday. A couple of Barcas but no celebration with a dud in there.

Still, Cigar, fine wine, jacuzzi and a massage. :houra

Updated record 3-1 +3.7 units.

dirty

EOG Master

Well two outright upsets with Bucks being real sweet. But crappy read on Atlanta and Speedy's not ready for primetime ate up a potentially nice day. And the 76ers gave them every opportunity to backdoor, they still could not. Oh well. Looks like 3 out of 5 of those totals hit also. But for tracking purposes, 2-1 +.8. I'll take a winning day everyday. A couple of Barcas but no celebration with a dud in there.

Still, Cigar, fine wine, jacuzzi and a massage. :houra

Updated record 3-1 +3.7 units.

I watched the ATL game.... They could have easily covered...shot terrible....cut it to 11 with 4 minutes left and Thugidelphia had 4 straight TO's and 2 bricks thrown against the glass and the hawks did not score a point.....this all happened in 2 minutes of gametime and I got pissed and turned it..... i feel ATL was the right side.... You can't predict shit like happened tonite....

I watched the ATL game.... They could have easily covered...shot terrible....cut it to 11 with 4 minutes left and Thugidelphia had 4 straight TO's and 2 bricks thrown against the glass and the hawks did not score a point.....this all happened in 2 minutes of gametime and I got pissed and turned it..... i feel ATL was the right side.... You can't predict shit like happened tonite....

Sadly, I watched this debacle also. The first week or so I watch as many minutes from each game as possible. Speedy could be renamed rusty. They got no transition easy hoops, ran the weave and tossed up bad J's or dribbled into traffic. The iso's on the wings were working great but they did not do it enough. Last season 76ers would have folded, as they tried to do last night, they are horrible finishers. CWebb stunk it up. Actually I thought they cut it to 10, and 76ers went how many possesssions without a quality shot? Or scoring. The right side, no. With Marvin out, and speedy being an unknown, I can't even say that. Plus, as I stated earlier, this is upset time. The Bucks, Lakers, Knicks, Jazz, Magic, Blazers, Pacers and NOK all upset. Night before both Lakers and Bulls. You are talking an awful lot of 7+ point dogs winning outright. Short sked tonight, let me see if anything is there.

Your writeups seem interesting and well reasoned, and your selection on Chicago last night was as good a start to a season as anyone could ever hope to have.

I am wondering if they are a good value again tonight, as last night's
win had to be quite an uplift, and the easy second half and short flight
might offset the normal fatigue factor in a back-to-back situation.
They were extremely impressive last night, but I do agree with you that playing favorites is very risky right now, as it is extremely difficult
to determine where the prices should be.

I am looking forward to seeing how your selections do tonight.

My selection for this game had a ATSMOV of 17. Magic up by 20 or more most of contest. So much for the one game adjustment. When a NBA game moves 5 points, with one team resting, I am always interested in why? Because they trashed the Miami rodeo clowns? Big deal. They had to face a real team, a together team, and might have spent alittle juice from the previous engagement. This Magic team could be the real deal. Maybe better than the Bulls. When do they play Miami?

Thanks for stoppin by...OF :+waving-5

Money is going Dal un, Clip ov. I am just watching.

If you wanted Spurs, Dal un, Nuggets, or Clips ov well think about this...

A boatload of steam all at once, starting with the totals.

Spurs +4 1/2 now some 2 1/2.
Dal un 186, now 182 1/2.
Den +4 1/2, now 3.
Clip ov 204, now 208 off of opener 200.

I barely got crumbs for myself. 4 1/2 both dogs and $1.75 Spurs. That was some serious steam.

OF...:cheers :+waving-5 :+clueless

you're hysterical, frog....keep up the fine posting, my friend!!!

:mutley

you're hysterical, frog....keep up the fine posting, my friend!!!

:mutley

I had to unignore you. Please refrain from using FROG and friend in the same sentence. And you think that is hysterical, I got a real kneeslapper for you.

Sorry, could only find a squirrel no FROG. :+waving-5

lol, yes, of course you put me on "ignore."
LOL

i just wanted ta make sure that you are readin my posts, and now, i have been assured that you are. Cigar, wine, jacuzzi....

:dancefool

carry on, sir, and enjoy "ignoring" my posts, my friend.

:houra
:LMAO