Would You Match Offer For Deandre Ayton?

Heim

EOG Master
Indiana has offered 4 years at 133 million....Phoenix has 48 hours to match.

This is interesting considering Phoenix coach hates his work ethic.

However, Durant wants to come to Phoenix, if they match it, I have
to believe KD is coming to Az as part of a deal.

KD in Phoenix is GSW re-visited 2022-23. No?

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
Tough call but he is a good big man when he wants to play. Work ethic is an issue but I would resign him & trade him then allow to walk with no compensation.

Heim

EOG Master
You can't win it all with Ayton. They've been there, tried that, and everyone is a year older.

I think PHO knows that. True what 'Murph' said, can't let him walk. He gone eventually.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I doubt Phoenix will. If they wanted him at this price they could have offered it to him BEFORE he signed with Indiana

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Basketball IQ is critical with big men.

Ayton is too easily outsmarted.

He's not on my roster.

My favorite NBA frontline of all-time: Bird, McHale and Parish (edit).

When bigs are on the same page, watch out!

That's one angle I like to use in handicapping college basketball: I look for bigs that work well together.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master

He's not on my roster.

My favorite NBA frontline of all-time: Bird, McHale and Parrish.

That's one angle I like to use in handicapping college basketball: I look for bigs that work well together.

True....I'm curious to see how Wiseman and the GSW front line work together next year.

He's tearing up the LV Summer league.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Indiana has offered 4 years at 133 million....Phoenix has 48 hours to match.

This is interesting considering Phoenix coach hates his work ethic.

However, Durant wants to come to Phoenix, if they match it, I have
to believe KD is coming to Az as part of a deal.

KD in Phoenix is GSW re-visited 2022-23. No?

I See What You're Saying.

Match Indiana Offer, Then Work Out Trade With Nets For Durant.

There's Something Else About Trades.

Think The Salaries That Are Being Traded, Have To Be Within A Certain Amount Of Money Of Each Other.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'd argue the best frontcourt of all time, and there's only 1 r in Parish

I was going to look it up, but I forgot.

Good catch, KANE.

Remember when you would nail me with the spelling of Dwyane Wade every so often?

Dammit!

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

He's not on my roster.

My favorite NBA frontline of all-time: Bird, McHale and Parish (edit).

Kareem..Magic…Worthy

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
All that damn money for somebody who completely no shows in games. If America isn't the best country in the world I don't know what is. Absolutely unreal to me.

Ray Donovan

EOG Member
That Minny/Utah trade for Gobert just shook up the value of everything. May take a couple trades for reality to come bac. Is Minny a top 4 team in the West now ? I don't think so

choslamshe

EOG Master
That Minny/Utah trade for Gobert just shook up the value of everything. May take a couple trades for reality to come bac. Is Minny a top 4 team in the West now ? I don't think so

I think the same. I get the importance of defending and rim protection and Gobert's stats for these have been off the charts. But I still think its 4 v 5 when his team has the ball. If he's not catching lobs and dunking, he's pretty useless. We saw this these playoffs and really for a while. I don't think he's a key piece to any winning team or team that goes deep into the playoffs.

kane

EOG master
The general consensus is that the T-Wolves gave up way too much for Gobert, the only time you give up that much capital is if you think you're now in position to win the conference, but even with Gobert are they better than G St, Pho, Den, Mem, Dal, or a healthy Clipper team? If not that makes them no better than a 7 seed

Heim

EOG Master
I think they want to free up Towns more for his perimeter game, he's not comfortable playing the 5.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
He's a good 1-2 punch attacking the rim and if you give him the turnaround and baseline jumpers when he's in, and can defend and rebound, but not only do I question his work ethic, but mentality. If Booker and Paul are leading the charge he has a tendency to undermine his ability to lose interest which affects his contribution to be a team player. Same if it were Bridges or C. Johnson who can be badass from outside. I had a feeling the Suns would match Indiana's offer sheet, but question the wisdom behind it. If he becomes more aggressive and versatile at both ends, his work ethic can only gain notoriety.

Heim

EOG Master
Lol at Nets:

"The Celtics offered Brown, guard Derrick White and a draft pick to the Nets for Durant, sources said. The proposal was rejected, and Brooklyn has asked Boston — in any proposal — to include Brown, Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart, draft picks and potentially one more rotation player, those sources added."

If Boston relinquishes what Nets want, don't they now become the new Nets?