Who wins the Preakness?

Heim

EOG Master
Matt Williams was married to a gorgeous model, giving hope to bald men...

Not sure if they're still together.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
One note about the MLB career of Matt Williams that slipped my mind: He was a drug cheat, listed in the Mitchell report in 2007.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Matt Williams was married to a gorgeous model, giving hope to bald men...

Not sure if they're still together.

Wikipedia claims Williams is a three-time loser.

He does, however, live in Bel Air which tells you he protected his money from the ladies.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
fun thread

anyway

wager one 9 units Epicenter over Early Voting straight exacta

wager 2 0.5 units trifecta
Early voting and secret OAth Armagnac
over early voting secret oath simplification Armagnac over
early voting secret oath simplification Armagnac Creative Minister Skippylongstocking Happy JAck

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's an interesting note about the Preakness Stakes you will not read anywhere else:

With 30 minutes to post, three longshots appear to be receiving support at the betting windows.

There's #3 Fenwick at odds of 50/1 on the morning line, #6 Happy Jack at 30/1 on the morning line and #9 Skippylongstocking at 20/1 on the morning line.

All three horses are currently held at odds of 9/1.

Here's my theory: A big betting group (or maybe more than one) is betting against #8 Epicenter to win the race.

These big betting groups are not always betting ON horses to win, but rather establishing portfolios which bet AGAINST favored horses to win.

This explains why all three longshots are priced identically with a half-hour before the big race when they should be two or three times the current price.

And, oh yes, these big betting groups salivate for a race like the Preakness where the current win pool is approaching $10 million.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Take a look at the past performance lines of #3 Fenwick.

There's no way he should be 9/1 right now.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And one other note to expose the unnatural amount of money bet to win on #3 Fenwick:

The Pick 3 ending in Race 13 to Epicenter is paying $14 while the Pick 3 to #3 Fenwick is $834.

Last edited:

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Here's an interesting note about the Preakness Stakes you will not read anywhere else:

With 30 minutes to post, three longshots appear to be receiving support at the betting windows.

There's #3 Fenwick at odds of 50/1 on the morning line, #6 Happy Jack at 30/1 on the morning line and #9 Skippylongstocking at 20/1 on the morning line.

All three horses are currently held at odds of 9/1.

Here's my theory: A big betting group (or maybe more than one) is betting against #8 Epicenter to win the race.

These big betting groups are not always betting ON horses to win, but rather establishing portfolios which bet AGAINST favored horses to win.

This explains why all three longshots are priced identically with a half-hour before the big race when they should be two or three times the current price.

And, oh yes, these big betting groups salivate for a race like the Preakness where the current win pool is approaching $10 million.
ummm you have lots of great takes on things this one imo not so much. this is rich strike effect anything can happen recency bias. its in win place and show pools, not in any exotics, big groups anti epicenter would be in the other pools or both . lets enjoy the race!!! the temp not hurting them at all which is cool....

Heim

EOG Master
I saw trainer Chad Brown on 'Racing Day In America' he really loves his horse Early Voting.

So do I...

Not a lot of front end speed here besides the filly.

How about me JK?

Same Chad Brown pattern....but I can't include all the inside stuff.

He couldn't hide it on 'Racing' how ready he was.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The massive pools also allow the big betting groups to invest one million dollars or more without detection by claiming the general public at-large is dominating the pools.

Merely speculation.

By the way, similar situations take place in Hong Kong racing.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
'Voting' was a little rank down the stretch. He's lucky he was well clear of Epicenter.

Heim

EOG Master
Smart move by 'Strike' team. Horse had no chance in this race and they knew it. They preserved his legacy a few more weeks.

His running style has no chance at a mile and a half (Belmont) either but racing chat boxes like Gabe believe a deep closer will catch them all.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The connections of Early Voting passed on the Derby to have a fresh horse in the Preakness.

Things worked out beautifully: A torrid pace in the Derby that would have likely been too much for Early Voting and a much softer, much smaller field in the Preakness Stakes.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
fun thread

anyway

wager one 9 units Epicenter over Early Voting straight exacta

wager 2 0.5 units trifecta
Early voting and secret OAth Armagnac
over early voting secret oath simplification Armagnac over
early voting secret oath simplification Armagnac Creative Minister Skippylongstocking Happy JAck

TRY3 had the right pair but in the wrong order.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Joel Rosario's ride aboard Epicenter is coming under some harsh criticism.

Trainer Steve Asmussen was disappointed, to say the least.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And, as BLUELINE noted, winning jock Jose Ortiz was simply "biding his time" while cruising alongside pacesetter Armagnac before Early Voting took the lead for good.