Trout season lost

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Anyone having M. Trout to lead in any major categories this year like Most Home Runs. MVP. Can burn those tickets

Valuist

EOG Master
Plenty of soft tissue injuries: calf strain this year, pinched nerve and groin strain in 2019, wrist inflammation in 2018. We wont hold the 2017 thumb injury against him, although it came on a head first slide.

Valuist

EOG Master
How the heck does a calf strain cause months of sitting out? Why cant he DH?

You use your legs for hitting as much as the upper body. That's where the power is generated. A guy like Trout uses a leg kick for the front leg, then hits against his back leg until the weight shift late in the swing. 235 pounds of pressure held up by two calves with a guy who can generate enough torque to hit 40 HRs a year. Hitting, at least for power, isn't an option.

Heim

EOG Master
They list it as strained but if he heard it pop, and thought a baseball struck it, it's torn pretty good.

It's a lingering type thing. The likelihood of tearing it again when he comes back is high.

Par for the course, Trout on DL every season now.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They list it as strained but if he heard it pop, and thought a baseball struck it, it's torn pretty good.

It's a lingering type thing. The likelihood of tearing it again when he comes back is high.

Par for the course, Trout on DL every season now.
These players are too muscular for a sport that requires you to be fluid and mobile.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You use your legs for hitting as much as the upper body. That's where the power is generated. A guy like Trout uses a leg kick for the front leg, then hits against his back leg until the weight shift late in the swing. 235 pounds of pressure held up by two calves with a guy who can generate enough torque to hit 40 HRs a year. Hitting, at least for power, isn't an option.
They called it a strain, not a rip, not a tear, not some injury to ligaments/tendons , etc, dont strains improve in a relatively short time(2-3 weeks)?

Trout's gone from being an iron man to mr glass in just a couple years. Everytime he feels a twinge it goes from day to day to 2 weeks +.

Valuist

EOG Master
They called it a strain, not a rip, not a tear, not some injury to ligaments/tendons , etc, dont strains improve in a relatively short time(2-3 weeks)?

Trout's gone from being an iron man to mr glass in just a couple years. Everytime he feels a twinge it goes from day to day to 2 weeks +.

I did see the play where he pulled up. He is the only one who knows how much pain there is but he did pull up abruptly. But yes, getting ON the field is a skill, and one that isn't Trout's strong suit.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'm sure it hurts, and I'm sure it is hurt, I just never heard of muscle strains taking months to heal. No one knows how it'll feel in 2 weeks.

I think a few weeks back he got hit by a pitch, they called it a bruise, he missed more than a day or two( I think a week?). if it's just a bruise he can play - period.