Transfer Portal....

Heim

EOG Master
My head is spinning with all these transfers.

Is this what the NCAA had in mind?

As soon as a hold over player senses replacement, he gone now.

Competition eroding...

What about the graduation rates? Has to decrease. Every players units transfer too?

You literally need a scorecard now. USC has a million receivers coming in not to mention recruits.

Half will be gone by next year.

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
And back in 1988, after the Michigan State's Rose Bowl win, one of the guys from that team sold his rose bowl ring to my roommate at MSU for $350. Kid was in dire need of money. 34 years later, that ring is still proudly displayed in his sports memorabilia case. My have things changed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And back in 1988, after the Michigan State's Rose Bowl win, one of the guys from that team sold his rose bowl ring to my roommate at MSU for $350. Kid was in dire need of money. 34 years later, that ring is still proudly displayed in his sports memorabilia case. My have things changed.

Good story, 300.

I thought Michigan State used the transfer portal beautifully before the start of the 2021 football season.

Star running back Kenneth Walker III came from Wake Forest and he was ready to play from the start of the season in early September.

Too bad he skipped the bowl game, but players have to make an important risk/reward decision prior to the bowl season.

MSU went 11-2 (7-2 in the Big Ten) in Mel Tucker's second season.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Good story, 300.

I thought Michigan State used the transfer portal beautifully before the start of the 2021 football season.

Star running back Kenneth Walker III came from Wake Forest and he was ready to play from the start of the season in early September.

Too bad he skipped the bowl game, but players have to make an important risk/reward decision prior to the bowl season.

MSU went 11-2 (7-2 in the Big Ten) in Mel Tucker's second season.

Look for more of the same from Tucker this year, using the portal to his advantage.

railbird

EOG Master
went to pitch BP at Orange Coast college today, they havent had in class school since march 10 2020, so crazy.

railbird

EOG Master
if im an athlete or even a student how do you choose a blue state school? enrollment is down 6500 at OCC this year

Heim

EOG Master
Lets face it most of these guys have already made up their mind where they're
going before they enter the portal. Tampering? Hell yeah!

Caleb Williams, come on, he knew he was following Riley the minute Riley left.

kane

EOG master
if im an athlete or even a student how do you choose a blue state school? enrollment is down 6500 at OCC this year
You're niether, you're too old and fat to be an athlete, and you're too illiterate to be a student, so STFU

Heim

EOG Master
Most of these kids are just that kids. They can't decide what shoes to wear let alone a (compatable) school.

Why the portal is bursting at the seams.

There was a player a few years ago that chose Auburn because the have a Chick Filet on campus.

Need I say more....

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
It is a mad scramble. Many positions do sub in and out and players that are good find some pt somewhere.

QB not so much - RB wants the carries. A college kid has to wait to get their chance to play in a lot of cases.

So, a transfer portal guy comes in and takes your spot. You have no choice but transfer and take somebody else’s spot.

What would really suck is to transfer and then not get to play at the new place.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Would an athlete who transfers be more or less likely to get caught up in a point spread scandal?

More likely, I agree.

The powers-that-be need to keep a close eye on the activities and associations of their "student-athletes," especially those who are gaming the old system with NIL deals and free agency.

Sports betting is now front and center in a lot of big cities.

Last edited:

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Money, is the root of all evil. Names, Images, Likeness deals could very well spawn all types of dog eat dog activity. I see somebody with an NIL deal campaigning and recruiting for blue chips to enhance their career. Super NIL deal finders/offers will really affect recruiting at the elite level.

Heim

EOG Master
USC has been rated #1 in transfer recruitment.

But Big LOL if Caleb Williams picks Wiscy and leaves Riley scrambling for a Qb.

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
Starting next year, taking the Transfer Portal in effect, will college basketball players in D1 have 5 years to play their 4 of basketball 🏀 years in Like before ?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

What does an extra year of eligibility mean?

Traditionally, a student-athlete has 5 years to play 4 years of their sport. An extra year means a current college student-athlete would have 6 years to play their 4 years. This means, NCAA student-athletes can compete in all or a portion of the 2020-21 season, but it won’t be counted against their years of eligibility depending on their division level specific eligibility rules.

For example, a D1 freshman athlete, whether they compete in the 2020-21 competition season or not, is eligible for an extra year of competition. Starting their sophomore year, this athlete competes in 100% of the season through senior year. After their senior season, this athlete’s eligibility count is 3 years and they decide to enroll as a fifth-year senior to compete in their fourth collegiate season. Upon the completion of their fourth competition season, this athlete has the option to compete for one final season, a fifth year, because the NCAA D1 had granted all 2020-21 athletes an extra year of eligibility. If this athlete returns for a fifth year, they will have been a member of the team and eligible to receive financial aid for six year, because their first year of competition didn’t count against their years eligibility.

For college coaches, this extra year of eligibility means roster needs may be different for the 2021-22 season. If 50% of the 2020-21 senior class decides to return for an additional year of competition, coaches will need to fill fewer roster sports and possibly re-evaluate the positions they are recruiting. This not only means competition for roster spots will be increasingly more difficult but playing time for committed recruits who play the same position as a returning senior may see less playing time during their rookie year of competition.

Source: ncsasports.org