TonyMar’s 2021 MLB

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Philadelphia +125 for 5 dollars

Philadelphia -1.5+200 for 5 dollars

Philadelphia +120 1st 5 innings for 3 dollars

ouch

EOG Dedicated
Tony.....you seem like a nice guy, but if you take up 14 pages of EOG cyberspace making plays, you occasionally have to post your record.

When you were winning at the start of the year, you posted that record religiously.

Now that you are down somewhere between 8 and 9 dimes for the year (Maybe Computer Bob can give the precise amount......he's anal like that, and he's probably dying to do it anyway), nobody has heard a word since August 2nd.

There's something a little disingenuous about that.

But hey......what the fuck......maybe I'm wrong.

I just know that if Winky or Railbird did that, they would be getting unmitigated shit.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Game 1.

McKenzie/Singer

Cleveland -0.5-105 1st 5 innings for 5 dollars

Cleveland -154 for 5 dollars

Cleveland -2.5+208 for 2 dollars

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
White Sox -222 for 5 dollars

White Sox -0.5-150 1st 5 innings for 8 dollars

White Sox -3.5+157 for 3 dollars

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Crew -180 for 5 dollars (with Lester now instead of Woodford)

Crew -1.5+107 for 5 dollars

Crew -3.5+225 for 2 dollars

Crew -0.5-125 1st 5 innings for 5 dollars

ouch

EOG Dedicated
I will update my record this week.

I'll take your word for it.

In the meantime, the regular season has concluded, and your final total is MINUS $16,124.

The good news is that the thread provides several cautionary tales:

#1.....When you get behind, don't chase.....don't increase your bets in an effort to try to catch up when things are going badly.

When Tony started running bad, the 2 and 3 dollar bets which had helped him reach an early season record of over PLUS $5000 degenerated into nickel and dime bets which crashed the entire total. When you start making -2.5 and -3.5 bets for 5 dollars, you're chasing badly. Near the end, Tony went on an 0-13 run for MINUS $7,650. That is virtually the definition of chasing.

#2.......I'll say it again.....if you are going to take up 14 pages of EOG space, you need to post your record. Tony did when he was winning, but when he started losing, it became crickets. There is something wrong with that.

I have some experience with this. When given the chance to play the Grand Challenge several years ago, I totally shit the bed. But the one thing I did was keep an accurate daily record even though I was getting my ass hammered.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
In the meantime, the regular season has concluded, and your final total is MINUS $16,124.

The good news is that the thread provides several cautionary tales:

#1.....When you get behind, don't chase.....don't increase your bets in an effort to try to catch up when things are going badly.

When Tony started running bad, the 2 and 3 dollar bets which had helped him reach an early season record of over PLUS $5000 degenerated into nickel and dime bets which crashed the entire total. When you start making -2.5 and -3.5 bets for 5 dollars, you're chasing badly. Near the end, Tony went on an 0-13 run for MINUS $7,650. That is virtually the definition of chasing.

#2.......I'll say it again.....if you are going to take up 14 pages of EOG space, you need to post your record. Tony did when he was winning, but when he started losing, it became crickets. There is something wrong with that.

I have some experience with this. When given the chance to play the Grand Challenge several years ago, I totally shit the bed. But the one thing I did was keep an accurate daily record even though I was getting my ass hammered.

Not to pile on, but a few comments. I took some time to add up the final record, I got 350-503-10, -$17,384 (includes last updated record of 263-324-6, +$3,690). Not worth finding the discrepancy although I'll check if Ouch wants to email or DM his pick by pick grades.

#1. I agree. When running bad, the average unit risked was 4.11u, way up. For the 0-13 run, I got -$7,675.

#2: I counted around 65+ record updates on or before Aug 2, none after, despite several promises to do so.

Finally, ouch went 10-13 in the GC, not good, but better than 32 other entrants, and certainly doesn't warrant "having his ass hammered".

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been so harsh, truth is while not as bad as this, I came down this baseball season too

Yeah, the nasty run was actually after August 2: 87-179-4, -$21,074 which adds to the positive "last record update". These bets were generally heavily correlated "clusters" of ML, F5, and alt favorite run lines (-1.5, -2.5, -3.5, etc) on the same side. As such they had tremendous variance so Tony was likely to be heavily in the red or spectacularly profitable.

ouch

EOG Dedicated
Not to pile on, but a few comments. I took some time to add up the final record, I got 350-503-10, -$17,384 (includes last updated record of 263-324-6, +$3,690). Not worth finding the discrepancy although I'll check if Ouch wants to email or DM his pick by pick grades.

#1. I agree. When running bad, the average unit risked was 4.11u, way up. For the 0-13 run, I got -$7,675.

#2: I counted around 65+ record updates on or before Aug 2, none after, despite several promises to do so.

Finally, ouch went 10-13 in the GC, not good, but better than 32 other entrants, and certainly doesn't warrant "having his ass hammered".

First....I'll defer to ComptrBob's numbers. I did not keep a flow sheet of any kind. I simply added up the day's money total, and then added or subtracted it from the cumulative total of the day before.

Second.....I also don't want to beat a dead horse. All I am saying is if you keep a conscientious record when you are winning, but stop keeping it when you are losing, there is something wrong with that. If Tony Mar doesn't see it that way, then so be it. It is not about kicking him when he is losing.

Third.....Bob is being gracious, but I was embarrassed by my record in the Grand Challenge, and especially by the fact the I did not make the last seven plays once I was eliminated. Even if it didn't matter, I should have done that.