There will be no vaccine

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm still trying to honor Birdie's recommendation of carrot juice.

The Walmart version (Boathouse) was hard to stomach.

I'll upgrade to Ray Luca's suggestion of the Trader Joe's brand.

One problem: There are not many Trader Joe's outlets on the south side of Chicago.

Lots of liquor stores, however.

railbird

EOG Master

One problem: There are not many Trader Joe's outlets on the south side of Chicago.

trader joes is where video was shot, maybe whole foods has organic.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Jewel doesn't have it?

Hard to believe but carrots are hard to find in some places right now. COming off the biggest holiday of the year for carrots (St Pats), people were buying them up as they hold up better if you are limited on shopping trips.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Here's a snipet from the CDC about the 2017-18 flu vaccine, which gets tweaked every year, note there is no explicit estimate of death risk. I would doubt COVID-19 effectiveness will be much better. Certainly won't be anywhere close to 100%. Note the vague statement about the death of children being "reduced":

How effective was the 2017-2018 flu vaccine?

The overall vaccine effectiveness (VE) of the 2017-2018 flu vaccine against both influenza A and B viruses is estimated to be 40%. This means the flu vaccine reduced a person’s overall risk of having to seek medical care at a doctor’s office for flu illness by 40%. Protection by virus type and subtype was: 25% against A(H3N2), 65% against A(H1N1) and 49% against influenza B viruses. These VE estimates were presented to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices on June 20, 2018.

While flu vaccine can vary in how well it works, flu vaccination is the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications and prevents millions of flu illnesses and related doctors’ visits and tens of thousands of hospitalizations. For example, during the 2016–2017 influenza season, CDC estimates that flu vaccine prevented an estimated 5.3 million illnesses, 2.6 million medical visits, and 85,000 hospitalizations associated with influenza. Similar estimates for 2017-2018 will be released in fall 2018. Influenza vaccination also has been shown to reduce the risk of flu death in children.

Additionally:

CDC has genetically characterized 3,329 influenza viruses collected since October 1, 2017, including 832 influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 viruses, 1,313 influenza A(H3N2) viruses, and 1,184 influenza B viruses. A subset of these viruses was also antigenically characterized.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
It is a longshot for British Scientists to develop.

These are different times as the FDA fear Trump and fast tracking many vaccines and treatments. I do not sit with the doom and gloom audience and think the chances are good that they find a vaccine based on Trumps control of the FDA.

Last edited:

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Of all the agencies Trump bullies, the FDA should be at the bottom of that list.

Cause as he says " the cure can be worst than the disease"

MrTop

EOG Master
If the USA gives the most donated money to world organizations like the WHO the USA should put their own guy in the drivers seat

deduct 1/2 pt in power rating to each prez payment made

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Hackers got into the gates foundation and WHO's accounts.

Truth will be leaked shortly.

Nobel prize winner looked into covid19 and stated this has strands of 3 different viruses in it which makes it impossible to be from nature.

Wuhan lab manufactured this will the intent to control the population.

Gates is the head of the vaccine yet he isnt a doctor or a scientist.

Why?

Follow the money.

alfie

EOG Dedicated

buy a juicer, organic fruits and veg...problem solved

Valuist

EOG Master
A treatment drug is much more important than a vaccine, IMO. By the time a vaccine is approved, it will be a year from now and the virus will have done its damage. People need to have peace of mind that when they leave their house, if they get sick, there's effective treatment other than just "waiting it out". Yet, everyone is seemingly working on a vaccine. But there's only a handful of potential treatment drugs; Gilead's Remdesivir, and a pair of rheumatoid arthritis drugs: Kevzara (Regeneron) and Actemra (Roche). Time will tell if the negative report on Gilead today had any merit. The big trial results will be released in May.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
Hackers got into the gates foundation and WHO's accounts.

Truth will be leaked shortly.

Nobel prize winner looked into covid19 and stated this has strands of 3 different viruses in it which makes it impossible to be from nature.

Wuhan lab manufactured this will the intent to control the population.

Gates is the head of the vaccine yet he isnt a doctor or a scientist.

Why?

Follow the money.
Dr. Fraudci is getting paid the big bucks
he is a pos

MrTop

EOG Master
they got a pretty good vaccine for TB why can't they get this. Although it might not happen for years.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
They never came up with a SARS (2013) or MERS vaccine and we've known about this for 20 seconds so I doubt they will ever develop an effective vaccine for this. This is worse and we will have to hear about all these drugs and a possible vaccine forever now. We will still have to hear the fears from Anti-Vaccine people although there is, and probably won't be, a vaccine (Silver Bullet) or not. They need a Vaccine for the Fear of a Vaccine AND the Hope of a Vaccine crowds.

I will gladly eat my words on this if they come through. 17 years from SARS and nothing, so I will think like a logical Sports Bettor: There will never be an effective vaccine for COVID-19. MF has protein barbs that eats antibodies. I hate it when I agree with Railbird.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
The ones before, didnt have vaccines developed because they werent that "big" so there was no money in it
for the pharmaceuticals.

There is definitely money in this one

cheapseats

EOG Master
The ones before, didnt have vaccines developed because they werent that "big" so there was no money in it
for the pharmaceuticals.

There is definitely money in this one
Not necessarily, as testing proves more antibodies in people the % drops which then reduces the "big you speak of.