The HEAT over Celtics are a LIVE DOG......

homie1975

EOG Addicted
The Celtics were down 17 to start the 4th quarter so I am not surprised "they won" the 4th quarter, as it is akin to a team getting tons of passing years when down 28 pts in the second half.

they were garbage points. all they did was make the final score appear closer than the second half of the game actually was.

Spo owned the rookie HC with incredible HT adjustments leading to a Minus 25 point 3rd quarter for the Celtics.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Celtics connected with their first punch, but they didn't respond very well when the Heat hit back with a barrage of punches in the third quarter.

Heim

EOG Master
Pritchard bugs me. He's getting some quality minutes now, but shit, when you narrow to 9 late, and Brown and Tatum are on the court, think pass first.

It always happens when a role guy has a couple of moments in past games, suddenly they're 'A' list....

Celtics +125 series looks tempting...

Whaddya you think 'Homie'?

homie1975

EOG Addicted
The Celtics connected with their first punch, but they didn't respond very well when the Heat hit back with a barrage of punches in the third quarter.

their first punch landed in the early rounds, in the feeling out stages of the fight.

the Heat responded with combinations that landed flush multiple times, in the championship rounds.

let's see if the Celtics can get off the canvas in Game 2.

and yes, JIMMY BUTLER is an absolute DOGG. i thought everyone knew this?

Tatum? awesome player. DOGG? i don't know.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I prefer the Eastern Conference rep over the Western Conference rep in this year's NBA Finals.

Golden State would own the home court advantage via tiebreaker (2-0 reg season record vs The Heat) over Miami in the Finals and would own it vs Boston via better reg season record.

Dallas would be the road team vs Miami (Heat better reg season record) the first two games but The Mavs would own the home court vs Boston via better reg season record.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Pritchard bugs me. He's getting some quality minutes now, but shit, when you narrow to 9 late, and Brown and Tatum are on the court, think pass first.

It always happens when a role guy has a couple of moments in past games, suddenly they're 'A' list....

Celtics +125 series looks tempting...

Whaddya you think 'Homie'?

Heim, My Dude, you already know who I favor this series and nothing has changed :)

Love the Celtics young, rising stars, but I don't think the Head Coach Stevens was the issue -- I think they lack championship DNA and a real DOGG in their lineup.

Every champion seems to have one. Milwaukee 2021 (still a pandemic season in my book) notwithstanding.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
their first punch landed in the early rounds, in the feeling out stages of the fight.

the Heat responded with combinations that landed flush multiple times, in the championship rounds.

let's see if the Celtics can get off the canvas in Game 2.

and yes, JIMMY BUTLER is an absolute DOGG. i thought everyone knew this?

Tatum? awesome player. DOGG? i don't know.

Bingo!

Tatum has already passed the test for class, now he gets tested for toughness.

Heim

EOG Master
Bingo!

Tatum has already passed the test for class, now he gets tested for toughness.

He hasn't reached the toughness of his idol Kobe yet, if ever.

Tucker's physical style is affecting him, moreover, he complains about contact in the lane and doesn't get back on defense.

Mamba in training.

Heim

EOG Master
'Spo' lost it tonight. Down by 17, all the momentum, Jimmy on fire. He decides to bring in Duncan Robinson, sitting all night.

Two Duncan bricks later lead to 21, game set match.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
or if Miami goes 2-0 at home in the first two as i expect, the price goes to the Minus side on them ;-)

Miami was a long shot to go 2-0, but it looks like Miami lost home court, getting blown away in Gm 2, and only won one of 8 quarters in the 2 games.

'Spo's gotta lotta work to do.

Heim

EOG Master
Yup...Spo needs to figure out where to find points besides Butler. As soon as he becomes a distributor, the whole offense changes to the Washington Generals.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Miami was a long shot to go 2-0, but it looks like Miami lost home court, getting blown away in Gm 2, and only won one of 8 quarters in the 2 games.

'Spo's gotta lotta work to do.

where was this prior to game two? i could have used your analysis BEFORE the game !!!

please give us your opinions on the remaining games in either series' BEFORE the games !!!

thank you,
frontline management

ComptrBob

EOG Master
where was this prior to game two? i could have used your analysis BEFORE the game !!!

please give us your opinions on the remaining games in either series' BEFORE the games !!!

thank you,
frontline management

Any idiot doing basic math could tell you Miami going 2-0 was a long shot. You really didn't know that?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jaylen Brown = poor man's Jimmy Butler

I respectfully disagree.

Marcus Smart is a much better comp for Jimmy Butler's poor man.

Jaylen Brown is an athletic freak.

Jimmy Butler and Marcus Smart only wish they had Brown's natural athletic ability.

Checked the NBA Draft positions of the three players: Butler #30 in 2011, Smart #6 in 2014 and Brown #3 in 2016.

I knew Butler was under the radar at Marquette and Brown was elite coming out of Cal, but I forgot Oklahoma State's Smart went so high.

Heim

EOG Master
Interesting before game 1. Although Miami rose to 4.5...very little movement on the series price. I eyeballed a nickel move at most books. Nothing more.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Yup...Spo needs to figure out where to find points besides Butler. As soon as he becomes a distributor, the whole offense changes to the Washington Generals.

Invoking the Washington Generals is always good for a chuckle.

When Miami is not connected, things can really go south for them.

Credit Boston for playing their "A" game tonight.

Boston's best game is really good.

Could have grabbed the Celtics +6 when they were trailing 15-8.

But why would I do that?

#Frustrating

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Max Strus starts for the Heat.

He made the Heat team after getting cut by the Celtics a couple of years ago.

Strus starred at DePaul for two seasons, but he went undrafted in 2019.

Question: Name the only Division I scholarship offer Strus received during his senior season in high school.

Hint: The school no longer sports a D-1 basketball team and it has been a fun topic of conversation here at EOG for the past couple of years.

Answer: Chicago State University.

boston massacre

EOG Master

thank you,
frontline management

Miami Better Grab 1 Of The Next 2 in Boston.

Otherwise, It's LIGHTS OUT .

Miami Has ZERO Chance Of Beating Boston 3 Straight.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Miami Better Grab 1 Of The Next 2 in Boston.

Otherwise, It's LIGHTS OUT .

Miami Has ZERO Chance Of Beating Boston 3 Straight.

I always wince at such declarations.

What if Jayson Tatum went down with an injury and Miami re-discovered some of its form which made them the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference?

Can't we assign some chance to Miami winning three straight games against the Celts?

Besides, two of the last three games in the series are scheduled to be played in Miami.

Hell, the money-line parlay on such an occurrence (Miami winning Games 5, 6 and 7) is in the neighborhood of 10/1.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Celtics getting an awful lot of respect from the linemakers and they are delivering. Flat or favoured in Philly. Flat in Miami. They are winning just about every road game. Lost by a kunt hair once in Philly and lost 1 qtr in Miami. I bet the wrong team pre series!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
NHL a Diff'rent Strokes story. First round a disaster but I think I settled on the correct finals matchup 2nd round so I need Heat and Mavs to get there.

Lightning vs Blues

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Exacta wagering involving sports betting championships is such a great bet.

Would love to see sports books work together to create a national pari-mutuel pool for such wagers.

Super Bowl, NBA Finals, NHL Stanley Cup Final and World Series are events that would draw year-round action.