The General & Dirty Are Resigning At The End Of May...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: The General & Dirty Are Resigning At The End Of May...

To the general Pete: Been a pleasure posting here and at the RX with you as head mod the last 5 years. Also thanks for intervening on my behalf on an offshore beef and getting the W for me.

To Dirty: Was a pleasure opening up this new forum with you. You are or were an originator, and that can never be changed. I don't think we ever had an issue, at least I never did with you. I'll miss our meal comparisons.

To both: Sincere best wishes on any future endeavors.

To Travis: I saw the general and some good mods bail on the RX, and wil be appointed head mod. I knew at that point the forum would go downhill sooner or later and my days were numbered. Little did I know that downhill was a steep cliff. The mods make as much of a difference as the posters.

To Jeff: You still suck! These guys left you here to appreciate your own lack of humor. The mods at your last third rate ghost town kicked you to the curb, show a little respect you piece of trash.

To Jimmy Hoffa: You still have room in that dumpster?

To all new mods: Congrats, do the best you can, I wish you all the best.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

munson15

I want winners...

Hey Jimmy, amidst all the tumult, I forgot to congratulate you on the new position. I have every confidence you will be an excellent moderator. Good luck.:cheers

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

Congrats to the new mods and best of luck to General and dirty in their future endeavors. You will both be sorely missed. Everything happens for a reason. May your tenure live on in the EOG HOF.

To the general Pete: Been a pleasure posting here and at the RX with you as head mod the last 5 years. Also thanks for intervening on my behalf on an offshore beef and getting the W for me.

To Dirty: Was a pleasure opening up this new forum with you. You are or were an originator, and that can never be changed. I don't think we ever had an issue, at least I never did with you. I'll miss our meal comparisons.

To both: Sincere best wishes on any future endeavors.

To Travis: I saw the general and some good mods bail on the RX, and wil be appointed head mod. I knew at that point the forum would go downhill sooner or later and my days were numbered. Little did I know that downhill was a steep cliff. The mods make as much of a difference as the posters.

To Jeff: You still suck! These guys left you here to appreciate your own lack of humor. The mods at your last third rate ghost town kicked you to the curb, show a little respect you piece of trash.

To Jimmy Hoffa: You still have room in that dumpster?

To all new mods: Congrats, do the best you can, I wish you all the best.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Froggy,

I want to make it clear that I do not think that The General or Dirty were not valuable or a huge asset to EOG. I think they have done a fine job during their run here at EOG.

That being said, it is my opinion that everyone is replaceable. EVERYONE. I dont know the timing of it all but I would assume The General left with Ken when Ken sold RX and started EOG? Ken aint selling this place. He will still remain an active owner and poster. That is just one difference. The other is that Ego and his sidekicks are not Wil. Ego and his sidekicks will not be getting input and direction from an owner/manager that is a complete idiot.

In closing, I have lived at EOG for the last 7 months. I will have close to 6000 posts in my first year here. I have read 90% of the General Discussion threads in my time here. Until yesterday I had NEVER heard the screen name Glaken. Apparently, he was an original moderator when this place started. I understand that he passed away. :( My point is, is that in 7 months his name was never even mentioned in this forum. Not once. Reality is that in a year or two the same thing will happen to Dirty and The General. People who sign up after their "goodbye thread" leaves the front page for good will have no idea who Dirty and The General are.

Both of these men have never been anything but polite, cordial, and respectful to me. I wish them all the success in the world. In fact, I hope they go out and make a shitload of money together with their new website.

I just think that EOG will be here long after Dirty and The General are gone. I have seen it a 100 times in the corporate world. One or two people dont make a company. The leader does. The leader is Ken.

This thread is sad. I am deeply moved by all I have read and I am a bit of an emotional wreck today. Please bear with me.

I could never begin to put into words the impact that The General and Dirty have had upon my life, both on a business level and more importantly on a personal nature…

The General and I have known one another and we've also been there for each other for over six consecutive years! In this day and age, that is an eternity for any relationship and even longer when one measures this in cyber time!

While I did not really know Dirty much during my RX days, he has been an integral part of EOG and is like a Son to me. His lengthy, heartfelt post in this thread depicts the type of person he is.

Finally, I forgot to state in my original post how grateful we are to have moderators like Bucsfan and Hache Man to assist with contests and help the newer members of the team become familiar with their roles here.

Both Bucsfan and Hache Man are two fine people who don't get nearly the credit they deserve, partially because The General and Dirty have been in the limelight and front lines much of the time...

While we are mourning the loss of two great leaders, let's also respect their choice to move on.

I want to make it perfectly clear if it isn't already, that neither of them was fired...

THE SHRINK

Wow, such an emotional thread for this forum. Some of you guys are a little gay, but we already knew that. Ken nor anyone else owes anyone an explanation or reason. Things change everyday, but life goes on.

Ego starts the most threads so he might as well get paid for it. Hoffa is a good man who has been around these forums a long time. Reload has always been a good poster so I assume he will make a fine mod. Blondie is the surprise pick for me. She has a great sense of humor and I think I actually love her a little bit. I hope her new position does not have me crossing the line much.

As for posters like Doug, who feels the need to ask very personal questions involving money, WTF? Stop being such a fukkin busybody. The Mods here get paid, and that is all you need to know.

-WLY-

There is something a little incongruous when the heartfelt plea is juxtaposed to the girl in the avatar flashing her tits repeatedly.

That is excellent Internet message board!

There is something a little incongruous when the heartfelt plea is juxtaposed to the girl in the avatar flashing her tits repeatedly.

That is excellent Internet message board!

incongruous = out of keeping or place; inappropriate; unbecoming

incongruous - Definitions from Dictionary.com

juxtaposed = placed side by side

juxtaposed - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Thanks Jeff. I am a smarter person today. :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Gee, Jeff, I guess I was wrong, your posts actually do have some value at times.

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks Jeff. I am a smarter person today. :cheers
Damn it, OSU, how am I going to even attempt to keep Jeff's ego in check if you stroke him like that. There's nothing he enjoys more than to get someone scurrying to the dictionary.:LMAO

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

What do "scurrying" mean?

You've been living next to the black crack dealer too long....you're now speaking in "ebonics".

"scurrying"? Look it up along with compelling, oxymoron, and groupie

Blondie

EOG Master

You've been living next to the black crack dealer too long....you're now speaking in "ebonics".

"scurrying"? Look it up along with compelling, oxymoron, and groupie

Good Morning Pioneer, nice to see you are in an enchanting mood today :rolleyes:

munson15

I want winners...

Blondie, you can moderate all you want as long as that avatar is doing the moderating.:houra Congrats on the new position.:cheers

I'm just trying to do my part to get the replies for "The General and Dirty's Excellent Adventure" thread ahead of the "What Is Your Fave 80's Rock Band" thread. It's not an easy task.

But they deserve that.

Blondie

EOG Master

Blondie, you can moderate all you want as long as that avatar is doing the moderating.:houra Congrats on the new position.:cheers
Thanks Munson, just posting same as always. Glad you like it is actually an old one I resurrected not too long ago...

LOL...I guess enchantment, much like like beauty, resides in the mind of the enchanted

Now, now don't get too excited, I never said you ARE enchanting, I merely said you appear to be in an enchanting mood. HUGE difference :cheers

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Now, now don't get too excited, I never said you ARE enchanting, I merely said you appear to be in an enchanting mood. HUGE difference :cheers

Actually, that is exactly what gets me excited(see my posts directed to JJ which you responded to)....misuse of words!
I never said I was enchanting either, in fact that's why I responded to your claim that I was (not appear to be, as you now falsely claim) in an enchanting mood. One has to be enchanted (in this case, you) by someone else(in this case, me) in order for that someone else(in this case, me) to be in an enchanting mood as you so claimed. Gotcha!

Blondie

EOG Master

Actually, that is exactly what gets me excited(see my posts directed to JJ which you responded to)....misuse of words!
I never said I was enchanting either, in fact that's why I responded to your claim that I was (not appear to be, as you now falsely claim) in an enchanting mood. One has to be enchanted (in this case, you) by someone else(in this case, me) in order for that someone else(in this case, me) to be in an enchanting mood as you so claimed. Gotcha!

So then Professor Pioneer, IF I say you are in a charming mood, then I think you are charming. No. Sorry does not work that way. I can say you are in a good mood, and still think that you are an irritable old grouch. But in comparison to your normal demeanor it would be considered a good mood.

What you have failed to take into consideration is what my initial thought are on you, thereby distorting your view of what I consider enchanting.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

So then Professor Pioneer, IF I say you are in a charming mood, then I think you are charming. No. Sorry does not work that way. I can say you are in a good mood, and still think that you are an irritable old grouch. But in comparison to your normal demeanor it would be considered a good mood.

What you have failed to take into consideration is what my initial thought are on you, thereby distorting your view of what I consider enchanting.
Well played.:LMAO

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

At minimum for now. I'm struggling with a good response about this matter.

Ken has treated me sooo very well during the time we worked together. Ken is one of the most generous men I have ever been associated with. I want to thank him dearly for if not for him, none of these discussions would be taking place. I remember all the good times and have repeatedly and directly told Ken that I would NEVER be able and pay him back for the opportunity and education and I hope that as time passes, the new mods develop the same relationship. Ken and I became very close and all I can say is he has treated me as a man and without him, my duties served on forums would not have happened to this extent. I thank Peep for his giving me a chance. I haven't finished but I am having trouble putting into words just how much I care about so many of you.

Scarlett. I don't know where to begin.

I will though.

Having trouble watching some people discuss genuine feelings, Jeff?:finger004

I read Dirty's post before I turned in for the night last night, and I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up when I got to the part about Glaken

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">General and Dirty,

You 2 have been absolutely great as a team here, and that is taking nothing away from Bucs and Hache (the latter of whom I especially like as a mod). I have modded and administered a few forums in my time, and in many ways it is a thankless job. I congratualte you 2 on a job superbly well done!!!!

General, you helped resolve a minor dispute for me awhile back with one phone call when I wasn't a regular poster, and I always appreciated that effort. I wish the 2 of you nothing but great future endeavors.

Dirty, I still LMAO at that rant you went on before fantasy football started on the message board :cheers

Blondie, Reload, Hoffa, and EGO, you guys are tremendous replacements :cocktail

Peace
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

yep, I can count to 31 without using toes and fingers

Another 80's music thread coming up tonight if you're up to it JJ

dirty

EOG Master

BGS... yea.. I let em have it huh? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Ole Flip has that effect and affect on People :doh1

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran

I told TD about this and i got the " NO WAY " :+signs15- :LMAO
She asked me to pass on a BOL to both of you
I think EOG has lost TWO great Mods :(
Wish the both of you all the best :cheers

dirty

EOG Master

CmC.. Please tell TD I said Hello and she is truly missed.. you 2 are definitely 2 of my favorite posters ever... I hope all is well and Thank you two for the well wishes.

I don't get over to this side of the board for 24 hours and......yikes.

General and Dirty have both been a help with issues or any endeavors here at EOG and they know what I mean.

THANK YOU.

I wish both of you well in the future and still look forward to your continuing posts.

AND CONGRATS TO THE NEW MODS. Solid choices.

RR

soli

EOG Dedicated

EOG will not be the same without The General and Dirty. I wish you both The Best of Luck in whatever you do!!!