The Astros and Braves

howid

EOG Dedicated
Sympathies to whatever broadcaster, maybe some will tune in hoping to see some cheating.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
They had a video of Garcia touching his ponytail countless number of times. Spin rate and MPH were up significantly from when he got rocked in game 2.

That's the thing, I don't think the Astros even needed the cheating to win. Those guys are the epitome of professional hitters. Now sure someone can say once a cheater, always a cheater, but I don't know why their core can't be expected to keep raking and win another title by being hitters, not bashers who either homer or strike out.

Heim

EOG Master
538 has this series a coin-flip as do some other models.

Fangraphs with the market price.

Heim

EOG Master
This is a hard series to bet. Sure the +130 looks enticing on ATL.

Hot team after the AS break. But the HOU hitting is ridiculous.

They led the league in OPS versus right and left handed pitching.

Unheard of.

ATL starting staff better, that's about it, is that worth plus money?

MrTop

EOG Master
the only pitcher the astros cannot hit is railbird. Astros in 6 . I will always take the hitting team in the WS. AStros field better than ATL too.

railbird

EOG Master
Sherzer,urias,kelly, all damaged goods. buhler off his tip. Dodgers were a dream draw for braves, Braves should send the game 5 ump of giants and dodgers a world series share.

Heim

EOG Master
Charlie Morton was worth a shot at 25/1 MVP

2 good to great outings with a ATL win should do it.

Taking a shot at this one, Astros in 4 +1200. Not highly confident on it, but Braves do have the look of a team that could have it all go wrong in the WS. Astros had their little rut and found out how to get out of it just in time, I don't see the rut returning. Plus I do like the experience they have, playing in WS and big games is no big deal.

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought Soler was eligible for the finale against the Dodgers so I assume he's on the roster.

I'm taking the Braves at the doggy price in game 1. What will we get out of Framber? He was great in his last start, but what about his previous 3 starts? Game scores of 35,38 and 44 until the 76 last out. Hard to know which Valdez will show up. Hitting edge to Houston but in terms of power, not that big of an edge. And I think the bullpens are fairly even. Houston should be favored, but -140 is a bit much.

Does anyone find it odd Fangraphs ends their game logs at the end of the regular season? It's as if the post season doesn't exist. Very strange. The Billy Beane line applies to Fangraphs as well.

Valuist

EOG Master
All we hear from the talking heads is "hitting to the opposite field isn't so easy. Why should these guys change the way they hit"?

Because they didn't learn to hit correctly. At least most of them. Albies proved that was BS in a game vs the Dodgers. He's batting left handed and the Dodgers shifted to 3 infielders to the first base side, and only 1 infielder around the normal SS spot. A huge open area on the 3B side and Albies just poked the ball into LF for an easy hit.

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought Soler was eligible for the finale against the Dodgers so I assume he's on the roster.

I'm taking the Braves at the doggy price in game 1. What will we get out of Framber? He was great in his last start, but what about his previous 3 starts? Game scores of 35,38 and 44 until the 76 last out. Hard to know which Valdez will show up. Hitting edge to Houston but in terms of power, not that big of an edge. And I think the bullpens are fairly even. Houston should be favored, but -140 is a bit much.

Does anyone find it odd Fangraphs ends their game logs at the end of the regular season? It's as if the post season doesn't exist. Very strange. The Billy Beane line applies to Fangraphs as well.

This^

Houston hit something like .500 with runners in scoring position vs Boston. Completely unsustainable. They do catch a break with Morton out but who's going to get outs for the Astros other than a few guys in the pen? McCullers out, and Framber's great start vs Boston looks like the outlier now with 4 poor starts in his last 5. Urqidy? Garcia? Odorizzi? He was already used in game 1.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Fried has been dominant as games go on, 2nd and 3rd time thru lineup his stats get better and better, especially in past two months

railbird

EOG Master
the home ump wanted ATL, he shrunk zone for hou, widen it for atl. was very animated when atl got a K, less so when Hou did.

howid

EOG Dedicated
did i miss any talk of moving the world series out of atlanta, all star game precedent and after all, the offending ''braves'' moniker.

and tomahawk chops galore.

In 1991, the Braves adopted the Tomahawk Chop from Florida State University when Deion Sanders joined the team.[15]

who would have guessed jimmy carter to go down as the last sane democrat.