The Astros and Braves

Valuist

EOG Master
Somebody on Houston needs to try to bunt for a hit. This kid with 5 major league innings is going to be nervous as hell. Bunt for a hit and make this nervous pitcher make the play.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Atlanta's bullpen has been dynamite.

The Braves improved to 7-0 at home in the postseason after last night's 3-2 victory.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
What an evenly-matched series from a betting perspective.

The last four World Series games have opened in the Pick 'em range.

At Circa, Houston opened -110 in Game 2, Atlanta opened -110 in Game 3, the game opened Pick (-105 each way) in Game 4 and Houston opened -117 in Game 5.

Interestingly, Game 1 opened Houston -136 but Atlanta took most of the money.

Houston closed -122 in Game 1.

Heim

EOG Master
What was that old song by Jerry Reed; When You're Hot, When You're Not, You're Not.

Moral of the story, go with the hot team, screw the metrics.

MrTop

EOG Master
I agree 50-1 is a nice score. I cannot bet on hot teams. Hot teams are history. Though this looks like a big loss for me on the astros.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Houston manager Dusty Baker announced after tonight's game that Luis Garcia will start Tuesday on three days' rest.

The young Venezuelan is only 24 years old.

ouch

EOG Dedicated
When you are down 3 games to 1 in the Series, playing in the other team's stadium which is on the verge of delirium, giving up a grand slam in the first inning while falling behind 4-0......and still coming back to win.......that is fucking gutsy.

No trash can banging tonight.

ouch

EOG Dedicated
That would put the length on par with half the college football games on any given Saturday. That game needs less clock stoppages.

Don't stop the clock after every first down. That will take the games down to 3 hours.......just like the NFL.

Less stoppages, less plays, and less injuries.

What's not to like?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
When you are down 3 games to 1 in the Series, playing in the other team's stadium which is on the verge of delirium, giving up a grand slam in the first inning while falling behind 4-0......and still coming back to win.......that is fucking gutsy.

No trash can banging tonight.

Gutsy win indeed by the Astros.

I would have played this game differently, if I were Atlanta manager Brian Snitker.

Once I gained the early 4-0 lead, I would have gone to my big guns in the bullpen and treated the second inning like the fifth or sixth innings.

Why allow Houston to rally to tie the game against subpar pitchers like Tucker Davidson and Jesse Chavez?

I thought Snitker had a chance to use big-time arms like Will Smith or Tyler Matzek as early as the second or third innings.

Heck, the Braves may have built on its 4-0 lead at a time when their big arms in the bullpen were frustrating desperate hitters from Houston.

The crowd was going crazy in the second inning and an appearance by closer Will Smith would have sent a message to both the Astros and the Braves.

When you have a chance to put your foot on the opponent's throat, go ahead and do it.

This is not a strategy to employ long-term in a non-descript game in June or July, but I think the unconventional approach works in this special circumstance when you have a chance to clinch the World Series title at home in October.

MrTop

EOG Master
braves scored only 1 run after the grand slam in the 1st inning. The grand slam woke the Astros up. " hey you are losing " No Charlie Morton now. I think he would of gone game 6. Going back to houston. The braves are -240 in the series at the westgate ..The hitting attack of the Astros is back in form.

GAME 6

garcia -118 fried .. total 9U

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
braves scored only 1 run after the grand slam in the 1st inning. The grand slam woke the Astros up. " hey you are losing " No Charlie Morton now. I think he would of gone game 6. Going back to houston. The braves are -240 in the series at the westgate ..The hitting attack of the Astros is back in form.

GAME 6

garcia -118 fried .. total 9U

Good luck, MRTOP.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Going with the bullpen start could've very well awakened the sleeping giant instead of going for the kill, and perhaps switched the momentum heading back home.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
HEIM today posted the Astros at 2/1 (FanDuel) to win the World Series in EOG's Best Bet thread.

MrTop

EOG Master
i am on the bread line after the astros series.

i sure hope R.B.S. tip jar picks up the phone. NEED WINNERS

Heim

EOG Master
Duvall, Rosario, Pederson and Soler were responsible for 56 percent of the team’s postseason RBIs (36 of 64) and 52 percent of its home runs (12 of 23).

All mid to late season acquisitions.

That was the difference.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Duvall, Rosario, Pederson and Soler were responsible for 56 percent of the team’s postseason RBIs (36 of 64) and 52 percent of its home runs (12 of 23).

That was the difference.

Who knew the Ronald Acuna Jr. injury (torn ACL) would be a blessing in disguise?

howid

EOG Dedicated

That was the difference.

Good GM, Anthopoulos.

Too bad the Toronto Turkeys couldn't hang on to him.