Tank you OKC

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
What has to be the biggest tank job in pro sports. OKC at one point was 20-27 season win total 22'. They tell Horford he is not playing so they can play their young players. Shawn Alexander a 23' pt scorer gets hurt never to play again this season. They go 1-23 since the tank, now in contention for the #1 pick in the draft.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Adam Silver should do something about all these teams tanking. It’s a horrible product these teams are putting on the floor

Everyone tanks. Look at what the Clippers did tonight. NBA is a farce, WWE at least puts on a decent spectacle when they play out their stories. NBA has the "oh we are resting all our guys" when you know the real story is "we are scared shitless by the prospect of playing the Lakers".

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Much easier to tank when no one is watching the product.

The pandemic has masked (get it?) the lack of effort by some of these NBA teams and players.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Seeds 9-16 plays a single elimination tournament in each conference. 3 games in 3 days. All Games played at home court of ninth seed.

After one day off Winners plays the eight seed on the road and has to win two games with the eighth seed needing one win. No days off two games in two days.

After one day off playoffs begin.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like new ideas, O'Royken.

The NBA and MLB have recently stolen the single-elimination element of the wildly-popular NCAA tournament.

Makes for good television and good gambling.

In this current NBA format, I'm going to be leaning to the 9-10 winner over the 7-8 loser as a starting point to my handicap.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I like new ideas, O'Royken.

The NBA and MLB have recently stolen the single-elimination element of the wildly-popular NCAA tournament.

Makes for good television and good gambling.

In this current NBA format, I'm going to be leaning to the 9-10 winner over the 7-8 loser as a starting point to my handicap.

I would incorporate this format into the draft somehow. The fans need to see teams playing to win, not playing for a draft slot.

I don't like any of this nonsense. Denver will probably tank tomorrow against Portland. Whatever. Let's make money.

They kind of tried to yesterday with that silly lineup, but Detroit re-tanked on them. Hard to watch when someone has to lose. Portland needs the win tomorrow so the tanking effort may work this time. If all else fails pull a Clippers and sit every relevant player.

Interesting to see how hard the Lakers try to win today. They must realize the Nuggets will hand the Blazers a win tomorrow to keep the Lakers in the play in so the Lakers probably are playing to win in vain today. This might be a good spot to live bet the Pacers and figure the Lakers will highly limit LBJ's minutes and just be happy with a close win or not be too bothered with a loss.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Interesting to see how hard the Lakers try to win today. They must realize the Nuggets will hand the Blazers a win tomorrow to keep the Lakers in the play in so the Lakers probably are playing to win in vain today. This might be a good spot to live bet the Pacers and figure the Lakers will highly limit LBJ's minutes and just be happy with a close win or not be too bothered with a loss.

Not so sure about that. Nuggets get #3 with a win and if they win Lakers move up to #6 meaning they would probably play in Round 1 but I sense Nuggets don't fear Lakers. I know Vice Versa also is the case. I do think Blazers win but if you really stop and think about it - the Clippers benefit from LOSING Sunday to OKC. They are then #4 and get Dallass in Round 1 and Utah in Round 2 and miss the Lakers until the WCF and something tells me they would be very happy with that

Not so sure about that. Nuggets get #3 with a win and if they win Lakers move up to #6 meaning they would probably play in Round 1 but I sense Nuggets don't fear Lakers. I know Vice Versa also is the case. I do think Blazers win but if you really stop and think about it - the Clippers benefit from LOSING Sunday to OKC. They are then #4 and get Dallass in Round 1 and Utah in Round 2 and miss the Lakers until the WCF and something tells me they would be very happy with that
From everything I'm gathering the Nuggets are going to rest all starters and a few key reserves. I'm taking Portland -8.5 big.

From everything I'm gathering the Nuggets are going to rest all starters and a few key reserves. I'm taking Portland -8.5 big.

They'd be crazy not to. Portland is not an easy matchup but beats playing the Lakers by far. Especially with so many guys hurt, they have some hopes they could be a little healthier by the second round.

They'd be crazy not to. Portland is not an easy matchup but beats playing the Lakers by far. Especially with so many guys hurt, they have some hopes they could be a little healthier by the second round.
Could see a starting 5 of Howard, Rivers, Cancar, Bol and Naji haha Blazers should win by 30.

Could see a starting 5 of Howard, Rivers, Cancar, Bol and Naji haha Blazers should win by 30.

I think they will play Jokic and Porter, but just won't finish with them. Jokic wants to be the iron man who starts every game. But preseason style they finish with five guys who won't be playing much after this game.

I think they will play Jokic and Porter, but just won't finish with them. Jokic wants to be the iron man who starts every game. But preseason style they finish with five guys who won't be playing much after this game.
Yep looks like they're going to play the 1st half and then come out. Should make for some juicy in game. I hope the Nuggs can get up 7 or 8 points at some point. Hammer time.

Missed the 1st 2 hit the easy over. Went big on Portland-8.5 and over 1st half so sitting pretty. Played Portland -16.5 and Under 242.5 pretty big live. I think the starters for the Nuggs are done.

“My general feeling, for years, has been ‘Don’t ‘F’ with the game,’” he said. “You know, to me, karma can be a bitch — and be careful what you wish for.
“So, we’re going to play the game and compete and try to win the game. Stay out of the play-in game. That’s kind of our mindset.”

https://www.blazersedge.com/2021/5/...-blazers-will-not-tank-against-denver-nuggets

What a joke. They had zero reason to tank, I mean yeah maybe they like the matchups a little better but come on no one willingly puts them through play-in madness where a short two game slump means see you next season.

And if he thinks this is a good strategy, well he's in the minority. More teams trying to tank than win today. Yeah its a joke, but a lot of stuff the NBA does is a total joke. I'm just glad its rather predictable whats coming and offers some good money making opportunities.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

This was so easy to see coming. Clippers tanked this game and they can say otherwise but they are full of shit

Jesus christ the end of the that game was so gross.

Howard has repeatedly closed big winning margins at the end of Nuggets games for the opponent when he got playing time before. Too bad you had to be on the wrong end of one he actually pulled them back closer for a change.

This was so easy to see coming. Clippers tanked this game and they can say otherwise but they are full of shit

I still can't believe I was able to get OKC +8.5, that was so obvious. I should have bet ML but I figured there was a chance OKC tanked so hard the Clippers scrubs still find a way to pull out a win.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Any guess on Sixers/Nets series line?
Nets will be favored, Im guessing -160 +140 Brooklyn has a tougher path having to beat Mil. Having said that, beating Mil is impressive so maybe -180 +160. Note usually parlaying each individual series will usually give you a much bettor price.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
There should be a threshold of wins that if a team doesn't reach it, ownership is penalized; like the luxury tax, but this is more of incompetence tax.

The OKC game last night was hilarious. Both teams late trying hard to lose.

Yeah NBA has some very shameful product at the end of seasons. Even if you play backups in MLB or NHL its still a decent game and everyone tries hard. The NBA and NFL when its scrubs is just horrendous to watch, worse than exhibition games where at least you see the stars give an honest effort for a little bit. NBA teams should be honorable and refund some of the money fans paid for tickets to these late season tank games.

There should be a threshold of wins that if a team doesn't reach it, ownership is penalized; like the luxury tax, but this is more of incompetence tax.

I think the only ways out of the mess the NBA has created is to make some major changes. First off all lottery teams get equal shots at each pick. Don't incentivize teams to lose more games. Or alternatively I like the idea of some sort of tournament to earn the best picks, although that's probably not going to motivate the teams to play too hard. Imagine you are the starting SG and the sure fire #1 pick plays your position. You really want to win this thing?

And then to deal with this nonsense going on the last week with teams like the Clippers is let teams draft their opponents. This is too obvious, fans and pundits would absolutely eat this up! Imagine you Utah this year so you get to pick your opponent and you pick the Warriors and they beat you, oh that would be fun to see the blowback. The only pushback comes from the teams management because they would hate to be held accountable, but screw them. You guys get paid millions to manage the teams, add this to your job duties.