Survivor Week 1

choslamshe

EOG Master
Very tough week indeed. I've toggled, changed, and changed back my plays already. And even if you settle on any of these road faves, I'm left hating to have to play them already in week 1. Indy, SF, and Denver all fit this.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
"safe play" is Indy. Lovie Smith was bad at Ill, he would fit the "railbird black coach" I have over reg season wins on Indy. Lot a parity this year makes the survior especially tough this year.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Top 5 Circa Survivor choices: Ravens, 1663, Colts 876, Titans 708, 49ers 703, Broncos 571. 23 different teams + the Bills and Rams were chosen.

Last edited:

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
"safe play" is Indy. Lovie Smith was bad at Ill, he would fit the "railbird black coach" I have over reg season wins on Indy. Lot a parity this year makes the survior especially tough this year.
many thought the same, including me in this confusing week

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Circa survivor, w/ early games: survive: 2503 (Ravens, Saints, Eagles, Commanders, Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Bears), eliminated: 2142 (35.4%), pending :1461, no ticket: 27.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Circa survivor, going into SNF: survive: 2684 (Ravens, Saints, Eagles, Commanders, Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Bears, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings), eliminated: 2851 (46.9%), pending: 571, no ticket: 27.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Circa survivor, going into SNF: survive: 2684 (Ravens, Saints, Eagles, Commanders, Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Bears, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings), eliminated: 2851 (46.9%), pending: 571, no ticket: 27.

BEFORE we rip the 27 for "no ticket" it needs to be pointed out a "technical glitch" kept some people from submitting picks. No idea how many were part of this 27 but my guess is at least some. So for Week 1 we can't be too harsh on the 27 "no picks" since some had a valid reason (Derek Stevens did the right thing here and refunded their money)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
BEFORE we rip the 27 for "no ticket" it needs to be pointed out a "technical glitch" kept some people from submitting picks. No idea how many were part of this 27 but my guess is at least some. So for Week 1 we can't be too harsh on the 27 "no picks" since some had a valid reason (Derek Stevens did the right thing here and refunded their money)

Only four may have been cutoff a few minutes too soon, they got refunds from Circa, but they're still in the no ticket count.

Nitrobetting top survivor pool has a pot of $86k with a $2.2k buy in. They allowed late entry so there are only 23 left. Taking Denver tonight is great value depending on how many more enter. The pot increases with every entry. All pools are similar. I may flood a few of them depending on number close to kick off.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Thought week 1 was tough? Looking ahead to week 3, guessing about half of all remaining entries will be on the Chargers at home to the Jags, many will also try for the road Bengals @ Jets (who I think beat them last year and crushed survivor pools if i'm not mistaken). After that, really tough again.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
oh man all those hundreds of extra nitro entries last 24 hours overlay players are getting crushed with denver.....but plenty of game left...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Thought week 1 was tough? Looking ahead to week 3, guessing about half of all remaining entries will be on the Chargers at home to the Jags, many will also try for the road Bengals @ Jets (who I think beat them last year and crushed survivor pools if i'm not mistaken). After that, really tough again.

Giants hosting the Dak-less Cowgirls could be appealing

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Circa survivor end Week 1: survive: 2685 (Ravens, Saints, Eagles, Commanders, Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Bears, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, Seahawks), eliminated: 3421 (56.2%), no ticket: 27.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
the total before the overlay idea were not sure on free the others were 28, 70, 120, 146, 209, 294, 395 and 562

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
not too many new Seattle's i would not think if trying to play the overlay game but perhaps a select few snuck in.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Quick question for all - do you spend time trying to plot out the entire season/several weeks in advance or just take it week to week. With an injury like we got with Dak, a team can go from 'play on' to 'play against' pretty quick.

Week 2 will be a pretty easy one with a couple of near DD home faves and coming off a loss (Denver & SF).