Stooches MAAC Selections

Stooches

EOG Senior Member
Re: Stooches MAAC Selections

[530] Iona Gaels +2.5 over Manhattan Jaspers -110 100x

[530] Iona +120 over Manhattan -110 50x

[529/530] Iona/Manhattan UN 157, -110 200x
Never really go this much out on one game, however, really think the total is out of whack here. These two teams are playing their third game in three days so the pace will be slower as the game goes on, particularly if the game is tight and each possession increases in terms of importance. I made the total 145 so I am well under the 157 that was posted. In their last match-up this game landed on 157 with an 80-77 final, however that game went into overtime, while their first match landed on 158 was at 141 with 2 minutes remaining and Iona with a seven point lead. Free throws pushed the total over the edge late and 10 points were scored in the final 30 seconds. This game will be a boxing match, and nerves and excitement may affect shooting early. If Manhattan turns this into a fouls plagued game to get the depth advantage, this number could be in danger, however I don’t think Iona will get sucked into that. Biggest wager of the season on the total tonight…..will determine level of success this season.
In terms of side, I have believed Iona is the better team all season, and will continue to believe so. Manhattan matches up well with Iona, yet I still think if a basket is needed, Iona sports three guys that can make big plays, whether it be scoring or passing to an open team-mate. Manhattan will overly rely on Beamon, and I think Iona’s Mike Poole will check him well.

Stooches

EOG Senior Member
Re: Stooches MAAC Selections

Wow that last possession was awful for Iona. Bad free throw shooting, (16-24) and Laury's late turnovers cost the Gaels. Leaving Shane Richards open for 4 three's didn't really help either. Was able to bounce back and forth on live wagering to score on that result...a land on two would have been a great day. Overall a small profit on the final with the total easily cashing.

MAAC Tournament: A disappointing 2-7 -235x. Second year in a row the tourny bitched me.
Overall on the season: 46-41-1 +140.5x

Will follow Manhattan, Iona, Canisius and Quinnipiac in the post season. Some rest now before Tourney picks.