Sad news

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
The guy that played a decent role into my original partner and myself going full blast into sports gambling died today at age 54 of liver failure. We met him posting at fezziks place back in the mid 2000s. His handle was Perpetual Czech on that forum I believe. His name was Jan Suchanek and he was one of the best people I've ever known. You won't meet many people as good as him in life let alone in this industry that is full of scumbags and he will truly be missed.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I recall him. Sorry to hear that.

I am sure we will now hear from "people" like Rail how Jan never embraced Jesus and how Jan died because he was a leftist leaning idiot who hated tRUMP and thus his death is a good thing.

Paleface

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013
I remember Perpetual Czech had a real beef with Paul Bovi, calling him out as a tout.

Sad to hear.

RIP Czech

boston massacre

EOG Master
I recall him. Sorry to hear that.

I am sure we will now hear from "people" like Rail how Jan never embraced Jesus and how Jan died because he was a leftist leaning idiot who hated tRUMP and thus his death is a good thing.

he was a leftist leaning idiot who hated tRUMP

No.

No.

No.

That Would Be You.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I remember Perpetual Czech had a real beef with Paul Bovi, calling him out as a tout.

Sad to hear.

RIP Czech

That was Groovinmahoovin that had the beef with Bovi.

PC had beefs with touts Alf Musketa, Fezzik and here at EOG "Ned" (Alan Eastman). PC had a long history on SSB, Fezzik's Place, LVA and was co-founder of the Roughing the Punter forum.

He moved to New Zealand quite a while ago. We followed each other on twitter, he was a skeptic of New Zealand's lockdown and vaccine mandates.

I considered him a friend, hard to believe he not with us. RIP Jan.

Heim

EOG Master
Wow 😳

We locked horns but I learned a lot from him. I know he gave up sports and concentrated on poker after FPlace.

He had a data base for everything.

I also know he was very anti religion.

He would go on rants about that on Twitter.

RIP

P.S. If I'm not mistaken he worked for Pinny for a while making overnight numbers for soccer.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Unreal. I just spoke with him 3 months ago. Jan was a friend of dinks and had mastered 2nd half totals in the NBA at one time. Moved to New Zealand and had the best streaming service info ever.
Really nice guy. Condolences Ray and all who cared for him sincerely

mr merlin

EOG Master

PC had beefs with touts Alf Musketa, Fezzik and here at EOG "Ned" (Alan Eastman). PC had a long history on SSB, Fezzik's Place, LVA and was co-founder of the Roughing the Punter forum.

He moved to New Zealand quite a while ago. We followed each other on twitter, he was a skeptic of New Zealand's lockdown and vaccine mandates.

The lockdowns in NZ no doubt accelerated his alcoholism. RIP

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Wow 😳

We locked horns but I learned a lot from him. I know he gave up sports and concentrated on poker after FPlace.

He had a data base for everything.

I also know he was very anti religion.

He would go on rants about that on Twitter.

RIP

P.S. If I'm not mistaken he worked for Pinny for a while making overnight numbers for soccer.
You guys did lock horrns quite a bit at fezziks. The good ole days lol.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Unreal. I just spoke with him 3 months ago. Jan was a friend of dinks and had mastered 2nd half totals in the NBA at one time. Moved to New Zealand and had the best streaming service info ever.
Really nice guy. Condolences Ray and all who cared for him sincerely
Thanks drink. Jan found that it was profitable to sell the NBA 2h total points at Pinny back then as well as they were weighing them slightly too heavy. We probably barely hit 50% of those plays but we were getting like +113to +115 avg on the bets so it all works out lol.

Heim

EOG Master
You guys did lock horrns quite a bit at fezziks. The good ole days lol.

Just about anyone worth mentioning on Fezzik's got out of sports wagering especially after offshore was banned.

It makes you think, if the elite can't grind it out, little hope left for the square sharps.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Fells like we are losing someone in the forum world every few weeks, Sorry you lost your good friend Ray.

Paleface

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013

Groovinmahoovin passed on too, only in his forties I think.

Really sucks...

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The guy that played a decent role into my original partner and myself going full blast into sports gambling died today at age 54 of liver failure. We met him posting at fezziks place back in the mid 2000s. His handle was Perpetual Czech on that forum I believe. His name was Jan Suchanek and he was one of the best people I've ever known. You won't meet many people as good as him in life let alone in this industry that is full of scumbags and he will truly be missed.

So sorry to hear this. He was sharp as shit...I liked him a lot. RIP

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
When I was scouring the forums 15+ years ago looking for horse info form guys like 2w2p2s, discreet cat, mazel trick et al, I would read his posts most of any non-horse guy. Respected his views.

RIP

Wade

EOG Master
RIP sir. People in this industry don't last long. Too much stress from watching the games. I'm guessing The MeatMan died around the same age.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

I would not call them beefs. Groovin did not like touts and would nit pick and/or try to paper people like myself into submission. As for Czech his attacks were relentless and from the beginning, unprovoked. They stopped when I found out his real name and was able to amp up retaliation. But for some, of course that's their style. Frank B told me about PC this morning. I don't wish death on anybody but cannot say I was despondent. Hope all of you are well.