Running Of The Chicago Bulls...

Heim

EOG Master
When I saw their price to make the playoffs as the fav, I was a little surprised.

However, 4-0 and top 10 in every defense category.

Starting 5 good, bench thin. Can't have everything.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Two wins over Detroit, one over Toronto, one over the Pels. Color me unimpressed to this point.
Considering they have sucked for the better part of 10 years, maybe they are finally beating teams they should beat. Obviously a small sample, we'll see how they play vs Milwaukee - who has owned them for some time.

Considering they have sucked for the better part of 10 years, maybe they are finally beating teams they should beat. Obviously a small sample, we'll see how they play vs Milwaukee - who has owned them for some time.

They did this last year too, looked great when they could handle the opponent, but got destroyed when it was an elite team way too often.

Valuist

EOG Master
They did this last year too, looked great when they could handle the opponent, but got destroyed when it was an elite team way too often.

They certainly did NOT get off to good start last year. 0-3 after 3 games and 4-8 after their first 12.

Heim

EOG Master
DeRozen is big for them. Like him or not they finally have a 'go to guy' that can draw fouls late and create.

Levine takes too many ill advised shots.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
DeRozen is big for them. Like him or not they finally have a 'go to guy' that can draw fouls late and create.

Levine takes too many ill advised shots.

For the first time in his professional career, Zach LaVine experienced a four-game winning streak with last night's win over the Raptors.

He's been on a lot of bad teams with the T-wolves and Bulls.

Hard to believe, LaVine is beginning his eighth season in the NBA.

I marvel at his athleticism on the offensive end of the court, but he rarely tries defensively.

Disappointing.

Love DeRozan's mid-range game.

He's old-school.

DeRozan is the one player in the NBA who looks most like Kobe Bryant, and for good reason.

DeRozan in his teen years idolized Kobe.

Unfortunately for DeMar, Kobe won five titles and he's still looking for his first.

Tough for DeRozan when the Raptors won the title the year after they traded him away.

He is Toronto's all-time leading scorer.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
For the first time in his career, Zach LaVine experienced a four-game winning streak with last night's win over the Raptors.

I marvel at his athleticism on the offensive end of the court, but he rarely tries defensively.

Disappointing.

He's old-school.

DeRozan is the one player in the NBA who looks most like Kobe Bryant, and for good reason.

Unfortunately for DeMar, Kobe has five titles and he's still looking for his first.

Tough for DeRozan when the Raptors won the title the year after they traded him away.

i saw derozian play in high school, did not look like a future nba player, couldnt shoot and was pushed around down low by Taylor King.

For the first time in his professional career, Zach LaVine experienced a four-game winning streak with last night's win over the Raptors.

Disappointing.

He's old-school.

Unfortunately for DeMar, Kobe won five titles and he's still looking for his first.

DeRozan sucks, volume shooter who isn't suited for the modern game. LaVine is a little like that too, both would rather take a tough shot than pass and create an easier shot for someone else. One thing that I noticed these guys don't do and really most teams don't seem to do anymore is the give and go pass.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The pick-and-pop in a two-man game is today's version of the give-and-go.

Big guys who cannot move their feet defensively often find themselves on the bench during crunch time.

I remember Kedrick Perkins being benched in the postseason for not being able to defend the pick-and-roll.

The pick-and-pop in a two-man game is today's version of the give-and-go.

Big guys who cannot move their feet defensively often find themselves on the bench during crunch time.

I remember Kedrick Perkins being benched in the postseason for not being able to defend the pick-and-roll.

The give and go with John Stockton was a thing of beauty. Defender would rest for a split second and in a blink of an eye Stockton would send a perfect bounce pass right into the path to the rim and the easiest two points you could ask for.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember the bulls bob butterbean love chet the jet walker tom without rocky boerwinkle sloan van lier and weiss.

That's the NBA team of my youth.

Pre-Michael Jordan.

Dick Motta was the head coach, Jim Durham the radio play-by-play guy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Big upgrades in the backcourt this season for the Bulls.

Zach LaVine has some talented teammates.

Last season, the Bulls were struggling with hard-trying but limited types like Garrett Temple and Tomas Satoransky.

This season, Billy Donovan has a lot of ways to go with DeMar DeRozan, Lonzo Ball and Alex Caruso.

And the Bulls are still waiting for Coby White to make his season debut.

Nothing better for a basketball team than to have multiple ballhandlers/playmakers.

Heim

EOG Master
This will be a good indicator tonight re Bulls. NYK offense versus revamped Bulls defense.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Great game tonight. Exciting to see both of these teams (especially the Knicks) be back to elite levels. Even with the inevitable Kemba injuries and looming missed time, they are very deep at the position. Randle continues to be one of the most underrated players.

kane

EOG master
Thibs has done wonders with that garbage franchise, but I still think they lack enough scoring to make any noise in the postseason, defense and playing hard will only get you so far

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Not a fan of Lavine's game

Obviously he's good, but too often out of position on D, gets caught cheating
Don't watch Bulls much but doesn't seem to create shots for anybody. Occasional bad three, etc.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not a fan of Lavine's game

Obviously he's good, but too often out of position on D, gets caught cheating
Don't watch Bulls much but doesn't seem to create shots for anybody. Occasional bad three, etc.

Exactly.

Lavine also played tonight with a heavy bandage on his left thumb.

This is one of my favorite handicapping angles: It's not about who's in the lineup and who's out of the lineup; more importantly, it's about who's in the lineup while foolishly playing with a significant injury.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Great game tonight. Exciting to see both of these teams (especially the Knicks) be back to elite levels. Even with the inevitable Kemba injuries and looming missed time, they are very deep at the position. Randle continues to be one of the most underrated players.

If I were advising Zion Williamson, I would recommend that he watch tape of Julius Randle.

Randle seemingly continues to improve his game every single season.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And Zion, of course, needs to watch his weight.

Injuries are not random when carrying too much body fat, especially when competing against world-class athletes on an unforgiving surface (hard wood).

Heim

EOG Master
Lavine has a torn ligament in his left thumb which kept me off the game.

It looked like it affected him in 2H.

Heim

EOG Master
One rival NBA player said he was impressed by Chicago’s hot start despite missing injured guard Coby White (shoulder) and promising second-year forward Patrick Williams, who suffered a potential season-ending wrist injury. The player, who asked for anonymity, believed the Bulls had the makeup to advance to at least the Eastern Conference’s semifinals. He added its defensive personnel had benefited from a change in officiating emphasis that has been more permissive of physical play.

LA TIMES

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The combination of missing Patrick Williams and Nikola Vucevic was too much for the Bulls to overcome last night against Golden State.

Final score: Warriors 119 Bulls 93.

You cannot have someone like Alize Johnson playing 21 minutes off the bench.

Heim

EOG Master
Bulls did something teams seldom do. Cover B2B games in LA.

I didn't recognize Lonzo last night. At one point 7 for 9 from trifecta land.

The LA connection of DeRozan, Ball, Levine and Vucevic paying huge dividends.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've always thought the second of back-to-back games at Staples Center offers an advantage to the road team.

It's the rare case when you can bet an NBA team with no travel involved.

But the numbers over the past 10 years or so do not support the theory.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Bulls did something teams seldom do. Cover B2B games in LA.

I didn't recognize Lonzo last night. At one point 7 for 9 from trifecta land.

The LA connection of DeRozan, Ball, Levine and Vucevic paying huge dividends.

Caruso excellent defense