Run differential

MrTop

EOG Master
brewers -21 --- brewers up a game on the cubs with 9 to play
cubs +114

cubs had some giant size wins this year... the brewers the opposite with their losses.

Crazy because the run differential pretty much recognizes the difference in player skill too. Brewers roster is clearly inferior to the Cubs, but thanks to the opener strategy and some good ole magic they are in a good spot at the moment. Kind of a waste though, hard for them to win more than a WC game in the playoffs with no Yelich.

MrTop

EOG Master
They could use a couple more like him. This is a guy Rail should like. He was only brought up out of necessity when the AAA Shortstop got hurt.

is arm is real weak to play shortstop. Horner will be moved to 2nd base or traded. He is a contact hitter though which the cubs need and lacked all year.

kane

EOG master
Crazy because the run differential pretty much recognizes the difference in player skill too. Brewers roster is clearly inferior to the Cubs, but thanks to the opener strategy and some good ole magic they are in a good spot at the moment. Kind of a waste though, hard for them to win more than a WC game in the playoffs with no Yelich.

On talent alone the Cubs should have won the division, if they don't even make the WC, that would be pretty bad

MrTop

EOG Master
On talent alone the Cubs should have won the division, if they don't even make the WC, that would be pretty bad

I would agree except for relief and defense .......the cardinals have them at least in these 2 areas ... there could be more. The cubs relied too much with just HR power in the first 2/3 of the year. Not enough contact hitting to go with HR power.

cubs 6th in homeruns
cardinals 24th in homeruns.

MrTop

EOG Master
maddon keeps putting swarber in the lineup . Put castellanos in left alomar in center and heyward in right. ... Castellano cannot play the field but he CAN hit better than swarber. Why have 2 bad fielders in the OF with castellano & swarber ?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
maddon keeps putting swarber in the lineup . Put castellanos in left alomar in center and heyward in right. ... Castellano cannot play the field but he CAN hit better than swarber. Why have 2 bad fielders in the OF with castellano & swarber ?
Almora is a player who needs a change of scenery bad. He hasn’t been the same since hitting the little girl in Houston. Maddon is totally selling out defense in search of more offense with mixed results.

MrTop

EOG Master
Almora is a player who needs a change of scenery bad. He hasn’t been the same since hitting the little girl in Houston. Maddon is totally selling out defense in search of more offense with mixed results.

i did not know about the girl but i agree he is trading one for the other. I just think he is coming out short with the move. This could be theo's fault of not moving swarber.

kane

EOG master

I was watching the game when that girl got hit, Almora was distraught, you could tell it affected him, I don't follow the Cubs so I didn't know how bad he's been since that incident, but you could see how shook up he was

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Brewers are 16-5 over their last 21 and 8-2 since the Yelich injury.

#Resilient

Cubs have lost four straight after winning five in a row.

#Erratic

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
i did not know about the girl but i agree he is trading one for the other. I just think he is coming out short with the move. This could be theo's fault of not moving swarber.

actually Schwarber has had a decent year. They have tried various players at leadoff and none have worked out, Almora being the biggest disappointment.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
swarber stinks in the field... cannot hit.....only a slugger.....
They know he stinks as a fielder. He’s been one of their best hitters for 6 weeks also. Bottom line is they fell in love with the players they drafted. Coupled with poor FA signings, you now have this. Happ, Almora, Russell, and Bode have let them down far more than Schwarber.

MrTop

EOG Master
They know he stinks as a fielder. He’s been one of their best hitters for 6 weeks also. Bottom line is they fell in love with the players they drafted. Coupled with poor FA signings, you now have this. Happ, Almora, Russell, and Bode have let them down far more than Schwarber.

i agree russell and almora cannot hit... good defense... russell head case.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Washington was like that in a recent year. May have been 2017. I remember their average runs and median runs per game were different by 1.5 runs.
That is what this Cubs team reminds me of, those Nats teams. They were basically built for the regular season.

Heim

EOG Master
It took me a while to learn how insignificant run differential is.....I wonder if Fezzik will ever learn:

"Almost identical records
However, As Run Differential is +165 vs. +113 Tbay

I bet OAK -125"