Pujols joins the 700 HR Club…

Abundy

EOG Addicted
I agree with Railbird on this one. You just don’t regain the Fountain of Youth at 42. Look at his Stats this year compared to his last 5 years. But he is a good guy so won’t be tested for Roids.

Heim

EOG Master
The dude for 4-5 years was the most feared hitter. Yep his age is questionable, et al

But dude can hit.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I never fell for the "He was always a big guy" excuse from the steroid defenders.

I've heard it about Albert Pujols, David Ortiz and Big Frank Thomas.

They come across as great guys to some, but that's irrelevant to the question of steroid use.

I suspect it's more than just Nugenix (hehe) in the case of Frank Thomas.

But again, he's a great guy.

Last edited:
I never fell for the "He was always a big guy" excuse from the steroid defenders.

I've heard it about Albert Pujols, David Ortiz and Big Frank Thomas.

They come across as great guys to some, but that's irrelevant to the question of steroid use.

I suspect it's more than just Nugenix (hehe) in the case of Frank Thomas.

But again, he's a great guy.
I guess I'm just a big fan of Pujols and Big Papi so I'm in denial.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Did LA pitchers toss cotton balls for big P.

Heaney did. He can say how he was mad at himself but you toss a 94MPH flat fastball down the middle of the plate waist high, you did that on purpose. He said he did not but Heaney and Pujols were teammates with the Angels for 6 seasons - that says it all. I did say Friday in something I sent out (and posted here after the fact) I expected Heaney to do what he did and I was not alone because odds on Pujols to hit a HR went from +350 to +275 and while Prop plays don't take as much money to move as others, a 75-cent move on an HR prop for someone not named Aaron Judge is not seen very often.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Albert Pujols was very often linked and rumored to steroids -if true he was never busted.. Many years ago Mickey Mantle's last home run was a very "friendly" pitch.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember the discussion around Chan Ho Park's "cookie" to Cal Ripken, Jr. in Cal's final MLB All-Star Game about 20 years ago.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
😳
Wow, I’d never heard of that before.
I was skeptical after reading the post.
But after seeing the video…💯 absolutely a cookie!
That was a batting practice lob.
Doesn’t go against his stats since it’s the All-Star Game.

Lifetime supply of Kimchi delivered from Baltimore to Chan Ho Park.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I heard this one before

As for Ripken/Chan Ho..................92, waist high, down the dead middle of the plate in an exhibition game...........I am 100% OK with it. Same with Mantle - the game was long over so a run won't matter to the outcome of the game (ON the field - maybe "off it").