Old School Active Poster Left?

Guys I am talking about pioneer poster from way back when forums started. So far I have these names.

The Shrink
The Major
Betting Prohpets
Sick Gambler
Fishhead
Minnow

I know there are more but I need help.

jj,

What do you mean by pioneer?

More precisely, when do you mean by pioneer?

If you are talking about 4-5 years ago, then your list is accurate, if you are talking about 7 years + then you have only 1 correct name - Shrink.

If you are going back that far, then you should add the old bettorsworld/oddswiz original posters. I am not sure if Jeff and Brian owned it then, but I think so.

Joe said:
jj,

What do you mean by pioneer?

More precisely, when do you mean by pioneer?

If you are talking about 4-5 years ago, then your list is accurate, if you are talking about 7 years + then you have only 1 correct name - Shrink.

If you are going back that far, then you should add the old bettorsworld/oddswiz original posters. I am not sure if Jeff and Brian owned it then, but I think so.

Need to go to bettorsworld and see who was postiing there pre 2000 and if they are still posting today would be from the old school I think Joe is right Shrink is the only one who makes the grade

dirty

EOG Master
I have been posting Online at www.freewinners.com since late 1997 or early 1998....Never ventured out to the outside world much except to everyedge and always went back to FW.....was there from the opening of the site with a few others....then the General came in for about 2 years and Moved onto bigger and better things...

JC

EOG Veteran
<--- Original Bettorsworld/Oddswiz poster, before the Rx had a forum. Previously made a couple of posts in rec.gambling.sports.

ive been around since 1997 when it was just me, conan, shrink, the guy from gambling911, and i think joe came a few years later....

:mutley

Black Bart

EOG Addicted
Never posted much, but I followed Shrink to his last place from the old AOL message boards. I think I was up with the Rx in '99 or so. I don't reognize too many guys from the old days, but I think Conan and Joe were running the show.

Sorry BP I did not think you were around that long...

Actually, I started in 99 at OSGA.

That would probably be a more interesting thread, ie. What forum did you start and what was your original posting handle?

Mine was.... "Joe"

I remember around 1996-1997 at vegas insider when ra/professor/bawg/C2C were around as well...... then they moved on to I-Bettor and then everyone went their own way.... SO IMO this is too hard to answer as many cappers then stay put at one site as Dirty has said on his reply.... But many great ones still out there....

OB

I was on both wager talk AND bettorworlds starting around late 98 early 99. It just really wasn't the scene too me. Too many guys trying to out do or out brag each other...well maybe it hasn't changed all that much.:smoke

Don't forget Sting, not sureif he posts anymore anywhere, but he was aorund too.

I am sure some are stil around, just have different names.

Black Bart said:
I'm pretty sure I found the Rx in '99, so that's when it had to shut down.

I think RX started up in Sept of 99. I actually signed up in Dec of 99. I am sure Shrink can answer that stuff himself(although I think he likes to say it started in 96 LMAO). I just know I had about 100 posts the first 2-3 years :). I stil don't have 1500 posts there yet. I might actually be the longest current member there since the founder has been banned. Unless JOE can still post there, he was there before me I think. But I remember reading it right around the start of the season (a lot like Covers) took me awhile to actually think about posting. Forums were not my thing back then, really still aren't. But I remember there were not many guys posting there Shrink, Sting, and a bunch of their ghosts. A few "celebs" opsted there in the day. Lem Banker, a few old time touts, Fezzick, but he wasn't "fezzick" then, a few of the wagerweb/bettorsworld guys floated around, but it was a totally knew premise back then.

I just know I been doing this a long time, and I stil don't know anything.