Notes and quotes from the 2022 college 🏈 season

lap18

EOG Dedicated
What was Alabama’s quality wins this year?….I’ll wait
Go to the bama game against LSU with 4:44 left in game Tide score go ahead TD to take the lead 21-17. They elect to go for 2 which would have gave them a 6point lead rather than 5 if they kick the extra point. They failed and that cost them the game. The last second FG to tie would have been the difference. I think what's lost is there was less than 5 minutes left so LSU getting two FG's was rather unlikely at that point.
that's how close Bama is to being in. Both losses are on last play of game on the road.

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Go to the bama game against LSU with 4:44 left in game Tide score go ahead TD to take the lead 21-17. They elect to go for 2 which would have gave them a 6point lead rather than 5 if they kick the extra point. They failed and that cost them the game. The last second FG to tie would have been the difference. I think what's lost is there was less than 5 minutes left so Tenn getting two FG's was rather unlikely at that point.
that's how close Bama is to being in. Both losses are on last play of game on the road.

I see what you are saying but the bottom line is that they lost those two games….close but no cigar…

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
TCU will be the 3rd seed although the weakest team in the field,because the committee doesn't want an immediate Ohio St Michigan rematch. Ohio St hasn't been healthy all year. If Njigba their star receiver(300+yds in the rose bowl)returns(only played 3 gms all year) I like Ohio St to upset Georgia. Georgia will probably be 7' I think Michigan crushes TCU.

Heim

EOG Master
It was interesting listening to Saban on the halftime show last night.

His best argument (pick the best teams).....would we be favored or a underdog against teams they pick?

Even a old schooler gets it.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
would we be favored or a underdog against teams they pick?
I saw him on ESPN last night making his case, I didn't but any of it. He said the same thing about who would be favored if Bama played any of those teams, but that shouldn't be the criteria, a 3 loss Bama would be favored over a 1 loss TCU. No way a 2 loss team that didn't play in their conference championship game should get in

Heim

EOG Master
I saw him on ESPN last night making his case, I didn't but any of it. He said the same thing about who would be favored if Bama played any of those teams, but that shouldn't be the criteria, a 3 loss Bama would be favored over a 1 loss TCU. No way a 2 loss team that didn't play in their conference championship game should get in

2 loss is a different argument. He used the point spread to argue 'best teams' should go. This is a dilemma. Should it be the best teams or the best teams in their region (conference) represent. Some years you can say the top three or four teams are in the SEC. Is that fair?

Expansion would remedy some of the debate. But more games, more injuries, less time at school....

Last edited:

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Alabama has no excuses. They lost two tough games,but also beat Tx by 1, a game they probably lose if ewers didn't get hurt. They also beat a bad Am team by 4 with Am having the ball at the 2 on the final play. How about there non conference schedule: UtahSt 55-0 Monroe 63-7 Austin Peay 34-0

Heim

EOG Master
Cincinnati coaching position is a golden road. No wonder Satterfield from LOU left. Every coach since 2000 from Cincy, has gone on to bigger and better programs, the only guy fired went on and became a Senator.

Fenway Bowl will be interesting between Cincy and Louisville.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Odds have nothing to do with rankings…Alabama is overrated just as USC was…TCU is in…get over it…

Odds have nothing to do with rankings

That's Correct.

I Tell You Something Else, That Is Also Correct.

Line Makers Have A Lot More Knowledge On The Talent Level Of Football Teams, Than Any College Suit And Tie, That Sits Behind A

Desk All Day Long.

I'll Tell You The Line Makers Top 4 In Order.

Georgia
Michigan
Alabama
Ohio St.

boston massacre

EOG Master
OSU should not be rewarded with a 3 seed for not playing in a conference championship game

Some Posters On Here Could Do A Better Job, Than That Suit and Tie Committee, When It Comes To Rankings, In College Football.

Every Single Week, The Committee Dropped Teams When They Lost A Game.

Except When TCU Lost In Their Championship Game.

5 Teams Would Be Favored Over TCU On A Neutral Field.

Georgia
Michigan
Alabama
Ohio St.
Clemson

blueline

EOG Master

someone remind Nick he was about a 2 TD chalk and lost and around a 10 point chalk and lost...nice try with the whole line criteria thing...adios Nick

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Some Posters On Here Could Do A Better Job, Than That Suit and Tie Committee, When It Comes To Rankings, In College Football.

Every Single Week, The Committee Dropped Teams When They Lost A Game.

Except When TCU Lost In Their Championship Game.

5 Teams Would Be Favored Over TCU On A Neutral Field.

Georgia
Michigan
Alabama
Ohio St.
Clemson

College playoffs not about point spreads….

cheapseats

EOG Master
You see Bad Beats tonight. C. Williams for USC was O/U 32 yes rush. He got as high as 72 yds only to get sacked late in the game with the injuries to finish 27 yds. Unreal.

boston massacre

EOG Master
College playoffs not about point spreads….

Correct.

College Playoffs Are About The Best 4 Teams Getting Into The College Playoffs.

And Somebody Who Has No Clue, Would Believe That An 8 Point Underdog, TCU, On A Neutral Field, Has More Talent Than Alabama.

Alabama Is Better Than TCU.

They Should Be In.

Heim

EOG Master
Mind boggling, over one thousand players in the transfer portal already. I think half from Stanford. lol

Free Agency Now Part Of College Football.
Crazy right now. Not sure recruiting even matters anymore. Group of 5 and FCS schools are just becoming feeders for the P5 schools. No doubt once the Big Ten and SEC are done gobbling up the remaining haves of NCAAF that all players will be aiming to land at one of those institutions. You're seeing it already with coaching. The days of coach and develop are over.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Crazy right now. Not sure recruiting even matters anymore. Group of 5 and FCS schools are just becoming feeders for the P5 schools. No doubt once the Big Ten and SEC are done gobbling up the remaining haves of NCAAF that all players will be aiming to land at one of those institutions. You're seeing it already with coaching. The days of coach and develop are over.

When Clemson QB, DJ Uiagalelei Got Benched During The ACC Championship Game, Which Clemson Ended Up Winning, He Immediately Announced His Free Agency Intentions, As Soon As The Time Clock Hit 0.00 .

Heim

EOG Master
Portal is great if you realize you're in a bad marriage, then there's the flip side, the story of former USC Qb J.T Daniels,
now looking for his 4th school.

They need cap this, you get one free move, then old rule back in effect on 2nd. Sit out a year.

This isn't shopping on Amazon.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Portal is great if you realize you're in a bad marriage, then there's the flip side, the story of former USC Qb J.T Daniels,
now looking for his 4th school.

They need cap this, you get one free move, then old rule back in effect on 2nd. Sit out a year.

This isn't shopping on Amazon.

Program-hopping hurts an athlete's chances of collecting NIL money.

Think about it: There's no time to plant roots in a community and establish relationships that could lead to a six-figure NIL deal.

I miss following an athlete growing from a boy to a man (or girl to a woman) while competing four or five seasons for the ol' college team.

Do we need Senior Days anymore?