No Bull Tour...(Former Bulls Players)

Heim

EOG Master
So Horace Grant, Pippen and Longley are going on a national tour to talk about the glory years and Jordan.

The funny part, most ragging on Jordan but not hesitating to make money off his name.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I loved Pippen the Player.

But his rep off the court is embarrassing.

Good thing I can separate the two.

Was there anything better than Scottie Pippen skying for a defensive rebound and then in four or five dribbles with monstrous strides taking it coast-to-coast and finishing with a slam dunk?

I thought for a short period there Pippen may have been the second-best player in the NBA and in fact challenging MJ for the throne in the mid-to-late1990s.

Pippen lays claim to being the first true "point forward" in the NBA.

Heim

EOG Master
Not a Lebron fan by any means but at 38 he was amazing last night versus Clippers. The point, if you watch
the 30/30 segment on Jordan's L2 with Washington there's no comparison.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not a Lebron fan by any means but at 38 he was amazing last night versus Clippers. The point, if you watch
the 30/30 segment on Jordan's L2 with Washington there's no comparison.

LeBron spends $1 million a year on his self-care.

Shrewd move.

He aged better than both MJ and Kobe and those two aged pretty well.

Heim

EOG Master
Pippen has gotten a lot of heat for the comments he made about Jordan and the Bulls before he got there.

However he has a point, it's nothing about rings, Jordan had become a ball hog because he didn't trust his teammates. When Pippen came on board Jordan's entire mind set changed and the team followed.

Last edited:
Pippen has gotten a lot of heat for the comments he made about Jordan and the Bulls before he got there.

However he has a point, it's nothing about rings, Jordan had become a ball hog because he didn't trust his teammates. When Pippen came on board Jordan's entire mind set changed and the team followed.
And also a reminder that as good as Pippen was he wasn’t ever an alpha. He proved that by sitting out the playoff game winning play with the Kucoc buzzer beater.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And also a reminder that as good as Pippen was he wasn’t ever an alpha. He proved that by sitting out the playoff game winning play with the Kucoc buzzer beater.

I might have sat out that final play, too.

Pippen signed an organization-friendly contract with the Bulls.

At the time (if memory serves), Pippen was the best player on the team but only the sixth-highest paid player on the Bulls roster.

Coach Phil Jackson calling the game-winning play for Toni Kukoc -- and using Scottie as a decoy -- was the last straw for Pippen.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
General manager Jerry Krause swindled Scottie Pippen.

A seven-year deal for $18 million which will go down as one of the worst contracts in NBA history.

Valuist

EOG Master
General manager Jerry Krause swindled Scottie Pippen.

A seven-year deal for $18 million which will go down as one of the worst contracts in NBA history.

But nobody put a gun to Pippen's head to sign it. If I remember correctly, he was just coming off back surgery? Pippen's representation fell asleep at the wheel.

I might have sat out that final play, too.

Pippen signed an organization-friendly contract with the Bulls.

At the time (if memory serves), Pippen was the best player on the team but only the sixth-highest paid player on the Bulls roster.

Coach Phil Jackson calling the game-winning play for Toni Kukoc -- and using Scottie as a decoy -- was the last straw for Pippen.
Naw…A great player doesn’t ever pass up the opportunity to compete in that situation. With the season on the line Pippen tapped out. That’s all we need to know what he’s truly made of.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Pippen tapped out because he was tapped out.

I read somewhere that Pippen's horrible contract went from the 16th best in the NBA to the 160th best in the NBA in a matter of a few years.

Here's what Pippen was thinking: You can pay me and respect me, you cannot pay me and respect me, but you CANNOT not pay me and then disrespect me by calling Kukoc's number in a game-winning situation.

A man has to draw the line somewhere.

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I read somewhere that Pippen's horrible contract went from the 16th best in the NBA to the 160th best in the NBA in a matter of a few years.

Here's what Pippen was thinking: You can pay me and respect me, you cannot pay me and respect me, but you CANNOT not pay me and then disrespect me by calling Kukoc's number in a game-winning situation.

Kukoc did deliver….and won the game

Heim

EOG Master
How great were these Bulls team that there's a demand to hear behind the scenes so many years after the fact.

Anyone see a Celtic tour with Bird, McHale and Ainge.....but then again, they don't need the money.

That was Pips first season to step up and be the alpha…. It was too much for him and he wasn’t up to for it

Time after time MJ deferred to guys like Paxon and Kerr to make the big playoff shot. Did we ever see MJ so much as frown? No, MJ was too busy taking the opponents soul to notice his name wasn’t called.