EOG Master

railbird

EOG Master
very impressed, unique grip and backhand, extreme western forehand

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Generates power with a whip-like delivery, similar to BIRDIE's stroke.

If VIVEK RAMASWAMY ever landed the top job at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, I would slot him as the second-most athletic U.S. president behind only Gerald Ford, team MVP of the 1934 University of Michigan football team.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
VIVEK is a master debater.

I loved his line to Chris Christie after Christie called him an "obnoxious blowhard" in a debate late last year.

"So do everybody a favor,” Mr. Ramaswamy told Mr. Christie. “Just walk yourself off that stage, enjoy a nice meal and get the hell out of this race.”

Enjoy a nice meal, great line.

kane

EOG master

The Top 10 Most Athletic Presidents in U.S. History​

10. George W. Bush His first-pitch strike – in a bullet-proof vest -- before Game 1 of ’01 World Series at Yankee Stadium is best sports moment ever for a U.S. President

9. Woodrow Wilson Played center field for Davidson College

8. Richard Nixon Scrappy linebacker at tiny Whittier College

7. Jimmy Carter Played baseball and ran cross country in the Navy

6. Teddy Roosevelt Boxed at Harvard and played tennis on the White House front lawn

5. Ronald Reagan Played football at Eureka College and portrayed “The Gipper” in Knute Rockne

4. George H. Bush Left-handed first baseman led Yale to baseball’s College World Series in ‘48

3. Dwight Eisenhower A linebacker/running back at Army, the “Kansas Cyclone” hurt a knee tackling Jim Thorpe in 1912

2. Barack Obama Lanky lefty led Occidental College’s basketball team in scoring in ‘79

1. Gerald Ford All-American center led Michigan’s football team to National Championship in ’33 –

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Have at it, kane. I call Vifake that Obama ever played college basketball led alone led his team in scoring. I am calling he didn't even go to Accidental College.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
La La Times.

On his historic run to the White House, Barack Obama spent two years at Occidental College, the basketball-loving future president spending countless hours honing his game on the Eagle Rock campus when he wasn’t studying.

A self-described gym rat who played basketball regularly on the campaign trail -- he even played for two hours on election day last week in Chicago -- Obama is fondly remembered by those who once challenged him on the Occidental courts.

What his fellow ballers don’t seem to recall, however, is whether Obama played for the Tigers in a more formal capacity, as a former coach insists and the media have reported, and no tangible proof seems to exist that he did.

No photos showing the skinny teenager in short shorts.

No roster.

No box score.

No score book.

No mention in the school paper.

Nothing has been found, school spokesman Jim Tranquada says.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Trump should be on the list. He also showed some impressive ground strokes against Serena, showed off a string arm throwing the football and possibly is the be best golfer to ever do it in the Anal/Oral office!

kane

EOG master
Mike Zinn says he played.

“I coached there, and he definitely played for me,” says Zinn, a former Occidental athletic director and basketball coach.

Obama, he says, was his starting small forward in the 1979-80 season.

“He was really athletic, ran good, jumped good,” says Zinn, who left coaching about 20 years ago and is a partner in an Orange County sales agency. “He wasn’t a great outside shooter. In basketball terminology, he was kind of a slasher. He was left-handed. He went left well, didn’t go right that well.

“He had a nose for the ball, always came up with loose balls and rebounds inside. So if he got 10 points in a game, most of them were probably under the basket. He didn’t hit jump shots from 15 feet or anything like that.
“He was a good defender, definitely a good athlete.”

kane

EOG master
Zinn, though, is adamant.

He estimates that Obama averaged about eight points, five or six rebounds and one or two assists a game. In 1980, Zinn was elevated to varsity coach and says he met with Obama “to tell him that I was interested in having him continue to play. I anticipated that he was going to contribute somewhere in the program throughout his career, if not as a starter than as a reserve.”

But when Obama returned for his sophomore year, Zinn says, he told the coach he would no longer be playing basketball because he wanted to concentrate on academics. Before his junior year, Obama transferred to Columbia.

kane

EOG master
Let’s start all the way back in his childhood: In the late 1970s, Barry Obama played on both the J.V. and varsity teams at Hawaii’s Punahou School, eventually winning a state championship in 1979.

How good was he back then? Here’s his former teammate Mark Bendix from an NBC story:

Bendix said, his old pal should have been a starter at Punahou — and insisted he was not just being loyal to an old friend.
“I loved his game,” he said. “He had a pretty good shot and really handled the ball well.”
And something in that same story on Obama’s work ethic from former coach Chris McLachlin:

“He would carry his books in one hand and his ball in the other,” he said. “He lived across the street from school and before classes he’d shoot baskets on the outside courts, then at lunch he’d shoot more baskets, then I’d have him for three hours, then he’d go home, eat supper, and then be outside again shooting baskets.”

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Fake articles with fake testimonies and fake pictures. Barack Obama never existed. Entirely CIA created.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
No I can't prove it, kane. So you have your fantasy that Obama was a baller and I'll have mine he's a CIA asset created out of thin air. Sadly, this is where it will stay. Neither of us will be proven right or wrong.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
They had video back in 1979. Not one of their games was taped? No contemporary newspaper articles in the sports section? I assume they had a school paper.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Vicky was rather hot back in the Jason Day. Now I would rather date EOG Blondie.

Last edited by a moderator:

railbird

EOG Master

The Top 10 Most Athletic Presidents in U.S. History​

10. George W. Bush His first-pitch strike – in a bullet-proof vest -- before Game 1 of ’01 World Series at Yankee Stadium is best sports moment ever for a U.S. President

9. Woodrow Wilson Played center field for Davidson College

8. Richard Nixon Scrappy linebacker at tiny Whittier College

7. Jimmy Carter Played baseball and ran cross country in the Navy

6. Teddy Roosevelt Boxed at Harvard and played tennis on the White House front lawn

5. Ronald Reagan Played football at Eureka College and portrayed “The Gipper” in Knute Rockne

4. George H. Bush Left-handed first baseman led Yale to baseball’s College World Series in ‘48

3. Dwight Eisenhower A linebacker/running back at Army, the “Kansas Cyclone” hurt a knee tackling Jim Thorpe in 1912

2. Barack Obama Lanky lefty led Occidental College’s basketball team in scoring in ‘79

1. Gerald Ford All-American center led Michigan’s football team to National Championship in ’33 –
obama was not leading scorer at oxy, he was the 12th man and average less than 1 pt a game, jfk should be in top 5, nothing on resume but ive seen his clips of golf and tennis. Ramswammy ground strokes more imressive than anything on this list

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'll help you. Bill Bradley most defly was a great white NBA star who became athletically unrecognizable quickly so it's possible.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
President Obama was ice cold today on the basketball court.

Shooting hoops with children and Washington Wizards at the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, the president sank just two of 22 shots.

After missing three during a general shoot around, Obama lined up with kids at the free throw line. The kids were asked to stand on opposite sides of the president based on whether they thought he would make it. Only one boy went to the "miss" side.

"Oh, man," the president declared, but the boy stood his ground (and rightly so). Obama took his shot. It hit the rim, circled and dropped outside.

The president then posed for pictures and went off to play tennis on the other side of the court.

Minutes later, at O for 4 the president, an avid basketball player, declared "I have to hit one shot before I go."

And then it began. A series of painful misses and air balls.

After six more failed free throws, Obama traded balls. After 10 misses, he moved in closer. After 11, he tried a few layups.

After the president missed 13 shots in a row from various distances, 10-year old Kahron Campbell stepped in to help.

Campbell made the layup on his first try.

Then, finally, on his 18th attempt of the morning, the president made his layup.

"He couldn't make one. I had to help him out," Campbell later told pool reporters (off-camera).

Obama tried several more outside shots, finally hitting from the baseline on his 22nd total attempt, before leaving the court.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I used to be able to drain the long ball but I airballed a 3 at the Gym Harbaugh after deciding to take a shot in an empty court. Matter of muscle memory. Give be 5, 10 minutes and I'd make it rain.