NBA Playoffs...

Although people want to keep wrongly saying there's no talent on Miami, they underachieved during the regular season. Every coach would take Butler, Adebayo and Herro.

It's a simple question, who was the better coach in the finals? Not the regular season, not earlier playoff rounds, not switching teams. Spo was slow reacting to Gordon being too big for Miami. I saw it immediately and said Miami needs Love. Spo had to think about it, go over tape, and then he figured it out for game 2. Spo was a step behind Malone all series x's and o's, motivation, everything. That Denver defense in the 4th quarter was amazing and Denver isn't a great defensive team. No players were walking up the court. Malone had that team firing on all cylinders.
Tell me you never watched the Nuggets this year without telling me you never watched the Nuggets all year...

boston massacre

EOG Master
why? He's a coach that truly motivated his team. That's tough to do today. He had more weapons than Spo and he used it to capacity. Players, coach all went to Malone this round. Maybe that's not the case if they meet in another championship, but you can't deny what we all saw.

I'll Say This.

He Did A Hell Of A Job Coaching Denver, In This Year's Playoffs.

They Let Their Guard Down Once, In The Finals.

Game 2/ 4th Q.

It Never Happened Again.

Other Than That, It Was A Nuggets

1686958749627.png

Heim

EOG Master
The dynamics of the East will drastically change next season if Lillard ends up in Miami and Beal to Milwaukee.

Not taking anything away from Denver but the East was weak.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Denver is the only NBA champion to finish outside the top 10 in defense....

Except, They Stepped It Up, When The Trophy Was On The Line.

They Held Miami Under 96 Points Every Game, Except The One They Lost In Game 2.

Bad 4th Q.

Allowing 36 Points.

Otherwise.

Sweep City.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Who was the better coach in the finals? Don't post some silly emoji that the kiddies post. Unless you had your mind made up before the games started it was Malone.

Everything Malone Did In The Finals Worked.

Everything Spoelstra Tried In The Finals Did Not Work.

Denver Star Jokic, Showed Up Every Game.

Miami Star Butler, Did Not Show Up Every Game.

Miami went 53-29, best team in east with close to the same team last year. Spo was handcuffed when Herro was out but they were the biggest underachieving team this year regular season. I'm not sure why people kept talking about the #8 seed with the talent they had.

Heim

EOG Master
If the gap in pay is expected to be that wide, there's no way he can stay, who in their right mind would sign for half of what another team is offering, Brown was great for them, there's no doubt, but he's replaceable

He is replaceable. Braun showed a lot in the series, and 2022 #1 Peyton Watson needs some playing time.

kane

EOG master
I would rather have Dame, but if the Heat can land Beal without gibing up Herro, that's hard to pass up, I'm on record I wouldn't give up Herro for Beal, only for Dame

kane

EOG master
I have no idea how or if they can pull it off, but from what I'm reading, the Heat are trying to acquire Beal and Dame, if Riley can pull this off, holy shit

kane

EOG master
Looks like the Heat's offer is Kyle Lowry, Duncan Robinson, one of Nikola Jovic/Haywood Highsmith, and a first rounder, even though I'm not the biggest Beal fan, it's hard for me to say no to that. Also, the thought is by keeping Herro, they could use him in a package to acquire Dame. Don't know what the Suns are offering, interested to see how it plays out

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
NBA allows this fuckery to happen.

Ayton to the Bulls for Derozan and other shit and you got yourself grade A fuckery.

Durant
Beal
Derozan
Booker

Try stopping that. Those brothers in Phoenix really don't give a shit.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master

Ayton to the Bulls for Derozan and other shit and you got yourself grade A fuckery.

Durant
Beal
Derozan
Booker

How about this...the CEO/President of the Suns is the son of Beal's agent Mark Bartelstein.

Explains why Wizards got shit in return. Agents control the league.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Celtics on the outside looking in….
The Celtics will be fine, they don't need to do anything other than a couple of smaller moves, they should keep the core together, if anything I can see them trading one of their guards, either Smart or Brogdon, but realistically if they brought back the same team, they're still one of the favorites in the East next season.

kane

EOG master

Durant
Beal
Derozan
Booker

That's an awful lot of mouths to feed with only one basketball, hard to see a team with that many scorers making it work, they would also have to fill out their roster with low salaried players due to the enormous contracts of those guys, they would be fun as hell to watch, no doubt, but as far as on court success, I have my doubts

choslamshe

EOG Master
Will be interesting to see how creative the Suns have to get filling in roster whether they keep Ayton or let him go. We know Booker and the aging KD will continue to 'get theirs,' so Beal's ceiling is instantly capped with the Suns, pending an injury to KD/Booker....which is probably pretty likely.

They still need to find another 1-2 productive players for that pathetic bench of theirs, with very little to spend.

kane

EOG master
Suns becoming the Nets from a couple years ago…
And how did things turn out for the Nets? I predict a similar fate for the Suns, they'll be the team that the public falls in love with, but it isn't as easy as throwing a group of talented players together, no way to know how they'll play together, what kind of chemistry they'll have, and while a starting backcourt of Booker/Beal is certainly talented, neither of them is a PG,, they might miss CP more than they think, the Suns now have three scorers, but who will be the distributor, many questions still surround that team, including if they keep or move Ayton

kane

EOG master
Will be interesting to see how creative the Suns have to get filling in roster whether they keep Ayton or let him go. We know Booker and the aging KD will continue to 'get theirs,' so Beal's ceiling is instantly capped with the Suns, pending an injury to KD/Booker....which is probably pretty likely.

They still need to find another 1-2 productive players for that pathetic bench of theirs, with very little to spend.
From a fit standpoint, I think the Heat would have been the better option, but he preferred Phoenix, so be it

Heim

EOG Master
NBA had a rule, no more than two max deals on a team. Some now have three or four. I'm not a capologist, but how these teams get around the luxury tax is beyond me.

So much for a competitive balance.

Heim

EOG Master
I get why Draymond declined 27.5 mil, Lebron's guy is looking for a long term deal. Seriously, he averaged 8 and 7 boards, and he's 33. A UFA now, with little demand.

So the Suns are 30 million over the cap for 4 guys that missed 111 games last year and actually somehow managed to get smaller and worse on defense. LOVE IT!