NBA Memphis Grizzlies - Houston Rockets

paul8209

EOG Senior Member
NBA Memphis Grizzlies - Houston Rockets

Recommendation: OVER 201

Odds: 1.952

Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports / Sportmarket

Memphis are traditionally regarded as strong defensive grinding team. This won’t change overnight of course but I think their veteran players show more and more signs that age is starting to catch up with them. It goes for their core big men, Gasol and Zach Randolph. Yet Grizzlies will remain a very good team, even by West Conference standards, at least this season. They’ve found some offense lately indeed, stabilizing their season with 3 straight wins and scoring over 100 points in each of these games.

Houston fired Kevin McHale and I guess James Harden is finally happy, if judged by his body language and performance in last win over Portland. It was only an OT win and still much to be desired in terms of overall team attitude and gameplay. Rockets are decent team though with talent in all lines and I still presume they’ll get to the play-offs where inevitable miserable epic fail awaits them

What interests me more is tonight of course. Houston are among NBA most fast paced teams, they make many ball possessions and shot attempts (shot selection and percentage is totally other topic). I feel they will find enough shooting touch to keep this game close tonight, or vice versa, Memphis will strive to keep it close if Harden gets in rhythm and draw many fouls in penetration to the rim. All 4 meetings between them passed tonight’s total line last season, so I really can’t see any reason not to try it again.