My Monday blog

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Why would anyone lose their US citizenship? US citizens are almost never stripped of their citizenship except for some limited exceptions. Of course they can give up citizenship voluntarily if they choose to.

Correct.

And when the stimulus checks and other government money rolls out, it pays to be an American.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Correct.

And when the stimulus checks and other government money rolls out, it pays to be an American.
Years ago someone from Curacao, when i told him i was American replied North, Central, or South American? He knew where i was from but was making a point. It made me think. He was right to ask that.
Since then i generally tell people i am from United States. Plus it is easy for me to remember how to say that in Spanish for which i am very limited.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
JK I thought you would mention the ongoing feud between Jimbo Fischer and Nick Saban. Texas AM is the visitor to Coach Saban's Crimson Tide, favored by 26 this Saturday (Oct 8). Likely Alabama will win but I tell you what, whoever the losing coach is, he is not going to be a happy camper at the game ending Coach's handshake ritual.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK I thought you would mention the ongoing feud between Jimbo Fischer and Nick Saban. Texas AM is the visitor to Coach Saban's Crimson Tide, favored by 26 this Saturday (Oct 8). Likely Alabama will win but I tell you what, whoever the losing coach is, he is not going to be a happy camper at the game ending Coach's handshake ritual.

And I love analyzing the coaches' handshake, BIFF41.

The late Barry Holthaus taught me that angle.

No handshake better than Jim Harbaugh's disrespectful back slap on Jim Schwartz.

Schwartz was too dumb (or maybe too numb) to realize it was a sign of disrespect.

I've noticed in Jim Harbaugh's more recent handshakes that he's a kinder, gentler type.

After all, he's 58 now.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
PS. Although I expect the Tide to have a strong game against A&M I am waivering as to whether or not they cover 26 points. Bama has key injuries and although Texas AM offense is not hi powered, Bama may have trouble as well