It’s that time of the year - CFB coaching changes

Probably the best coach the U could get considering the situation, don't think Kiffin or his type are really the answer. What I'd love to see if I was a fan is a former Cane who brings some serious swagger back to the program. That's what it lacks today despite a great opportunity playing in a first class stadium in a city with a lousy NFL team.

I think I speak for most sports fans my age who wants to see this program kick ass again and be relevant. Return to the days of showing up in Army fatigues. Tell Jimmy or Michael to get their asses out of Hollywood studios and bring this team back to its glory.

kane

EOG master
Probably the best coach the U could get considering the situation, don't think Kiffin or his type are really the answer. What I'd love to see if I was a fan is a former Cane who brings some serious swagger back to the program. That's what it lacks today despite a great opportunity playing in a first class stadium in a city with a lousy NFL team.

I think I speak for most sports fans my age who wants to see this program kick ass again and be relevant. Return to the days of showing up in Army fatigues. Tell Jimmy or Michael to get their asses out of Hollywood studios and bring this team back to its glory.
I would have preferred Kiffin, but I'm okay with Cristobal, he's an upgrade over Manny. Also, don't buy the hype of Cristobal "coming home", he isn't coming back to Miami because this is where he lived and grew up and played here, it's all about the money. I might be wrong on some of the details, but several years ago Cristobal agreed to become an assistant at Miami, and fans were happy to see him back, and then a couple of weeks later Saban offers him more money to be an assistant at Alabama, well the warm and fuzzy feeling of coaching at Miami was quickly gone, and next thing you know he's on a plane to Tuscaloosa, he took the money and ran, and I'm not blaming him, It's just going to be irritating for me to watch the presser and listen to his interviews about how he's happy to "come home", and this is the only job he would leave Oregon for and the rest of the bullshit. Hopefully he's the guy to turn things around, I don't ever expect things to be like they were back in the day when the Canes dominated college football, those years were so much fun and I got to live every minute of it, I'll always have those memories, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be a top 10-15 ranked team, going to major bowls, and on occasion competing for the playoffs, it's not like the ACC is the SEC, Pitt won the conference championship and Miami beat them at their place, and with Clemson having a down year and Dabo losing his longtime DC, their could be a new sheriff in town, but I've thought this a few times before only to be disappointed, so while I have hope, I've been there before only to be letdown, we'll see this time.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I would have preferred Kiffin, but I'm okay with Cristobal, he's an upgrade over Manny. Also, don't buy the hype of Cristobal "coming home", he isn't coming back to Miami because this is where he lived and grew up and played here, it's all about the money. I might be wrong on some of the details, but several years ago Cristobal agreed to become an assistant at Miami, and fans were happy to see him back, and then a couple of weeks later Saban offers him more money to be an assistant at Alabama, well the warm and fuzzy feeling of coaching at Miami was quickly gone, and next thing you know he's on a plane to Tuscaloosa, he took the money and ran, and I'm not blaming him, It's just going to be irritating for me to watch the presser and listen to his interviews about how he's happy to "come home", and this is the only job he would leave Oregon for and the rest of the bullshit. Hopefully he's the guy to turn things around, I don't ever expect things to be like they were back in the day when the Canes dominated college football, those years were so much fun and I got to live every minute of it, I'll always have those memories, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be a top 10-15 ranked team, going to major bowls, and on occasion competing for the playoffs, it's not like the ACC is the SEC, Pitt won the conference championship and Miami beat them at their place, and with Clemson having a down year and Dabo losing his longtime DC, their could be a new sheriff in town, but I've thought this a few times before only to be disappointed, so while I have hope, I've been there before only to be letdown, we'll see this time.
Heck, Western Michigan won at Pitt also.

Heim

EOG Master
Venables new coach at Oklahoma:

Venables said he had considered becoming a head coach before, most seriously last year. But because he loved his job at Clemson, he could afford to hold out for the right opportunity.

Naturally, he was making 2.5 million as a defensive coordinator.

Nonetheless, good pick up for Sooners