Is there anyone who DIDN'T think JaMarcus Russell would be a bust?

rjt721

EOG Master
Seems like it was inevitable he'd be a bust from the moment he was drafted. He's huge and can throw the ball a mile, but that's it. No feel for the QB position, no accuracy, no idea how to read a defense. Just completely clueless on the field. Anyone who didn't see this coming (other than Al Davis)?

BTW, why do the Raiders not run the wildcat? Not like McFadden had success with it at Arkansas or anything. :doh1

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated
Re: Is there anyone who DIDN'T think JaMarcus Russell would be a bust?

It is hilarious to watch such a horrible QB. The Raiders got rid of Garcia to play this monkey? Too funny.

rjt721

EOG Master

I can't think of a backup QB that Russell is better than. He's beyond terrible.

janus

EOG Dedicated

i thought he was gonna be pretty good.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

As soon as he went to the Raiders I knew he'd be a bust.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Yeah I think about everyone expected it. Funny watching him have all day to throw and overshoot wide open receivers all day. What a waste of a #1 pick...right up there with Leaf and Alex :hangt Smith.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Haha. Can anyone be worse than Leaf? He had to be the biggest bust who was the most overhyped.

diogee

Haha. Can anyone be worse than Leaf? He had to be the biggest bust who was the most overhyped.
Russell is trying...let's revisit, Manning or Leaf. Hmmm who to take 1.

tripp

EOG Master

Russell would have been a bad pick at 100th overall, let alone first fucking pick.

Heyward Bey will be a huge bust also. Passing offense could not possibly be worse in Oakland. Sad too because the rest of the team is solid

diogee

He has an arm and can make some plays with his legs but outside of that...:hangt

Needs a good bit of work from a good qb coach...

diogee

Didn't go No. 1, but Akili Smith was pretty bad, too.
Yeah very true...remember that. Cade McNown comes to mind as a mid 1st in that same draft.

I did not think this bad.....what happened to these guys? He cannot even hit wide open receivers. He is like Chuck Knoblock throwing a football

diogee

I did not think this bad.....what happened to these guys? He cannot even hit wide open receivers. He is like Chuck Knoblock throwing a football
Yeah the sad part it that he can't hit the wide open receivers without being pressured...all day to throw and still misses them. Makes the opposing D look good in the stat books.

High Times

EOG Master

another Mel Kipper reject QB that he stuffed down everyone's throat.

Why anyone would listen to him is beyond me

:doh1

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

As soon as he went to the Raiders I knew he'd be a bust.

100% AGREE

if he had been drafted by an NFL team he mighta had a good career but as long as he is with Da Raiders he will be a BUST

once he gets cut and signs with a REAL NFL team h might be able to make something but not until then - or auntil Senile Davis croaks

cheapseats

EOG Master

petros is standing firmly behind his comment that this was without doubt the worst pick ever in the nlf

tripp

EOG Master

100% AGREE

if he had been drafted by an NFL team he mighta had a good career but as long as he is with Da Raiders he will be a BUST

once he gets cut and signs with a REAL NFL team h might be able to make something but not until then - or auntil Senile Davis croaks

that's a cop out excuse for russell. he is garbage. it's not the uniforms fault he can't hit open receivers with all day to throw.

You put Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne on the Raiders instead of Russell and Bey and they are the Super Bowl favorites, and best team in the game.

High Times

EOG Master

that's a cop out excuse for russell. he is garbage. it's not the uniforms fault he can't hit open receivers with all day to throw.

You put Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne on the Raiders instead of Russell and Bey and they are the Super Bowl favorites, and best team in the game.

:thumbsup

Was thinking the same thing

The uniforms are not making him terrible. He can't throw straight and throws the all too hard and won't run.

If Jamarcus does'nt run then they should bench him. What else can QB's like him do?

:cheers

janus

EOG Dedicated

do the records here go back far enough to see who actually claimed russell would be a bust leading up to the draft?

now that would be interesting.

High Times

EOG Master

do the records here go back far enough to see who actually claimed russell would be a bust leading up to the draft?

now that would be interesting.

This is what i said

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I had no clue as to why people were claiming Russell was even a top 5 round QB in the draft.

He looked good against Notre Dame in a Bowl game?

lot's of luck!

2348ji23e

Point Given

EOG Veteran

rich gannon did fine in a raider uniform....

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

He has an arm and can make some plays with his legs but outside of that...:hangt

Needs a good bit of work from a good qb coach...
I said this the day he was drafted. He refuses to run and it kills his game. He wouldn't run at LSU and he sure won't in the pro's.

K13

EOG Dedicated

start gradkowski