Indians Going Nuts To Ban CA mobile wagering....

Heim

EOG Master
I haven't seen one commercial yet from the books. Local tv bombarded with anti sports wagering propaganda.

And it is propaganda. Nothing but false claims to scare the voting public in November.

The underlying scare tactic is books like Fanduel, Draft Kings coming in, raking in huge profits and
giving very little back, especially money earmarked for the homeless.

False claim: Books give away free money to customers meant for the homeless.

False claim two: Showing under age adults on IPads betting. Intimating no
under-age safeguards.

Naturally, a free play is not money....but you get the idea.

End result, no mobile wagering for a while here.

railbird

EOG Master
Take it from someone who gathers petitions for both companies, the Indians are not well liked, the online draft kings is much more popular

Heim

EOG Master
Take it from someone who gathers petitions for both companies, the Indians are not well liked, the online draft kings is much more popular

I read the books were going to spend more than the tribes, however have not seen one commercial supporting mobile wagering.

I believe you, many don't like the Indians, nonetheless, if you've seen their commercials they come across as the victim here with some sympathetic actors.

Last edited:

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
They ran the same commercials here in Florida. Surprisingly we had sports betting for a little while but sounds like we won’t have it again until 2023.

railbird

EOG Master
I read the books were going to spend more than the tribes, however have not seen one commercial supporting mobile wagering.

I believe you, many don't like the Indians, nonetheless, if you've seen their commercials they come across as the victim here with some sympathetic actors.
fanduel and draftkings qualified for the november ballot, the indians did not because they were too disorganised.

Heim

EOG Master
fanduel and draftkings qualified for the november ballot, the indians did not because they were too disorganised.

My head is spinning with these initiatives.

In short, sports wagering will pass. It comes down to on site versus mobile.

Here are the fees for non tribes:

"Operators must pay a $100 million fee for the initial license, and must renew every five years for $10 million."

Tribes, $10 million, 1 million renewal.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Will they align with the tribes eventually, like in Michigan and other states? Basically run the books for the tribe and give them a cut.

railbird

EOG Master
Will they align with the tribes eventually, like in Michigan and other states? Basically run the books for the tribe and give them a cut.
calif is a social conservative state, we voted against faggot marriage in 2008. unfortunatley we have too many asians now and they tend to be buhdists and atheists.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Visited the Pechanga yesterday. Lunch only. Was surprised to see the crap game Vegas style, no cards. Bone rolling as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
7 books are vying to get in Cali if '27' passes.

That's 700 million dollars to the state. Funny no mention
of that from the Indians.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
to be honest with the way FANDUEL is ruining everything they touch in USA sports anything they are kicking huge money into (yes on prop 27) is an AUTO NO if I had a vote.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
DraftKings, FanDuel pull ad spending in California over Prop 27 vote

Don't throw good money after bad

SAD!

TRULY SAD!

A state that is so progressive in so many ways is really dropping the ball here - figuratively and literally

The biggest winners in all this: The illegal books who can continue to prosper and not have to shut down because gambling is legal. Offshore books also benefit since they can continue to have CA clients.

DUMB! Just DUMB!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Don't throw good money after bad

SAD!

TRULY SAD!

A state that is so progressive in so many ways is really dropping the ball here - figuratively and literally

The biggest winners in all this: The illegal books who can continue to prosper and not have to shut down because gambling is legal. Offshore books also benefit since they can continue to have CA clients.

DUMB! Just DUMB!
Vegas wins also.

railbird

EOG Master
As of 2015, over 700,000 Jews live in the County of Los Angeles, and 1.232 million Jews live in California overall.

MrTop

EOG Master
Media is on the outside. Don't listen to them. The politicians inside the wire room making the deals. I see a late tip in. Remember silvers 180 degree slam dunk in the NY times?

I could see fan duel & DK offer a 50/50 split clerk positions and the guardians grab it. Done!

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Looks like both are dead meat. I thought 26 or 27 would've passed. But. They have successfully muddied the waters.

They're making sure neither passes. The latest ads show a psychologist claiming these bills will create walking addicts.

Who knows if she's a real psych. She looks a lot like Tony Soprano's shrink. 🤷