Horse racing

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
the highest rated horse in the world Baaeed races in 10 minutes at YORK in a Group 1 1.3 million race

turf race 1 mile 1/4 hes 9 for 9 lifetime

saw on ITV british coverage Ken McPEEK is visiting the races at the track there!

blueline

EOG Master
nothing that 99.9% of the racing world cares about :

LAD race 1...8F ...turf.....horse trained by Allen Milligan 57/0/6/7 looks like down the lane he can finally get that elusive winner just have to fend off one horse.....gets snapped by a horse owned, riiden and trained by the Singh family.....trainer singh 42/1/7/9......what was Milligan thinking down the lane???....I do have Milligan singled in race 3...heres hoping he finds the winners circle

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Milligan's losing streak continues.

Pikachu, at odds of 5/1, was squeezed back at the start and never threatened.

Next.

blueline

EOG Master
Milligan's losing streak continues.

Pikachu, at odds of 5/1, was squeezed back at the start and never threatened.

Next.

I bet the top FR3....it was coming from a dirt sprint.....hoped the turf debut would be a winning one......the 2nd highest FR3 was earned by a horse dropping and running long on the grass which is what today's race was......won at 9/1...not my finest hour

83 Pikachu
78 Hempstead
71 Ronalds Gatsby
70 Cairo Sky
63 Royal de Be
61 Curlin Edges
60 Dark Matter
59 Tough Start

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like they nailed two trainers and one jockey in Pennsylvania.

The no-name jock faces a 10-year ban after being in possession of an electrical device.

I rarely watch, let alone bet, the three thoroughbred tracks in Pennsylvania.

There's Parx Racing, Penn National Race Course and Presque Isle Downs.

The takeout rates in Pennsylvania are some of the highest in the country.

Checking for current rates now...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
At one time, racetracks in Pennsylvania charged a 30% tax on trifecta and superfecta wagers.

Tsk tsk.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
At one time, racetracks in Pennsylvania charged a 30% tax on trifecta and superfecta wagers.

Tsk tsk.
Two months before the COVID lockdown of 2020, Parx actually cut its notoriously high takeout – but not on everything. Just on trifecta and superfecta bets, lowering the juice from 30 to 25 percent. Pick 3s and Pick 4s had their takeout cut – or trimmed – from 26 to 25 percent.

Parx takeout held steady at 17 percent on win, place and show wagers and 20 percent on exactas and rolling doubles. Those rates are not awful when weighed against the industry curve. But the industry curve remains much worse than the long established 9 percent for a wager against the spread on a football game.

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
I've noticed the same thing.

My experience: A favorite whose odds drift up in the final minute of wagering is far more likely to lose than a favorite whose odds dip in the final minute of wagering is likely to win.

The first race at Hawthorne yesterday highlights one of the real problems with the game today.

The winner of the race was listed at odds of 10/1 on the morning line, held at odds of 9/2 as the horses entered the starting gate and dropped to odds of 8/5 as the horses raced into the first turn.

The batch bettors were able to press one button and clobber this horse in all the pools (win, exacta, trifecta, daily double and Pick 5).

Looked like $8,000 of the final $16,000 in the win pool landed on the "good thing" named Magic Solution.

Horse won going away by more than nine lengths in frontrunning fashion.

Some wagering group made a decent score in the Hawthorne opener and hid their intent until after the gates opened.

Bad for the game.
Maybe a bad morning line at 10-1?

Two months before the COVID lockdown of 2020, Parx actually cut its notoriously high takeout – but not on everything. Just on trifecta and superfecta bets, lowering the juice from 30 to 25 percent. Pick 3s and Pick 4s had their takeout cut – or trimmed – from 26 to 25 percent.

Parx takeout held steady at 17 percent on win, place and show wagers and 20 percent on exactas and rolling doubles. Those rates are not awful when weighed against the industry curve. But the industry curve remains much worse than the long established 9 percent for a wager against the spread on a football game.
How did Nitrobetting fair with their rebates? You know more about it than I do.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ray Cotolo.

The last name looks familiar.

Silly video.

Waste of time.

Lower TRY's power rating a full three points.

Hahaha.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ed Burgart was back on the mike tonight at Los Alamitos as a replacement for vacationing Michael Wrona.

Burgart sounded good tonight (no surprise) and he'll be back again Sunday night.

The 34-month layoff was no problem for Burgart.

howid

EOG Dedicated

Can Bulldog Hanover pace fastest mile ever Sunday at The Red Mile?​

(on July 16), he broke the threshold: a 1:45.4 mile, a time never registered by a Standardbred.

if the track conditions are ok, he should better his mark at the lightning fast red mile later today ...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
WOW they beat him. 10-1 second choice beat the 1/9 fav and tied the world record 1:46 doing it! incredible race

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
Ed Burgart was back on the mike tonight at Los Alamitos as a replacement for vacationing Michael Wrona.

Burgart sounded good tonight (no surprise) and he'll be back again Sunday night.

The 34-month layoff was no problem for Burgart.

I used to chuckle watching Burgart park at the motel across the street from Santa Anita
to avoid the parking fee.

Valuist

EOG Master
How low will Flightline be this Saturday? One thing is for sure: hype does NOT translate to betting profits. We see that in every sport.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
flightline

he will be an almost hard to believe 1/2 in a really good field

outside chance even lower 2/5 one of those.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
flightline

he will be an almost hard to believe 1/2 in a really good field

outside chance even lower 2/5 one of those.

It strikes me as funny when I hear public handicappers steer clear of a horse returning 40 or 50 cents on a dollar.

Sometimes there's value in that price range.

Do they realize they are gambling on a game where the sharpest minds in the business are delighted to earn an 8-10% return on investment?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
esp now in Kentucky no dime breakage so you get the real after track take out value on those low end payouts $2.80 is now maybe $2.88 $2.40 could be $2.44 etc etc .

There will be a PLACE overlay flightline however dont play to win in this case. win and place will be the same.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
esp now in Kentucky no dime breakage so you get the real after track take out value on those low end payouts $2.80 is now maybe $2.88 $2.40 could be $2.44 etc etc .

There will be a PLACE overlay flightline however dont play to win in this case. win and place will be the same.

Excellent point.

Penny breakage in Kentucky, love it.

WPS pools now, how about the same breakage rules with the exotics?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Excellent point.

Penny breakage in Kentucky, love it.

WPS pools now, how about the same breakage rules with the exotics?
its for all pools but I mean getting $20.08 instead of the old $20.00 is not a % differenet matters like getting now $2.28 instead of the old $2..20

see what I mean. but its for all pools.