Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I averaged down last Thurs night on several Crypto positions after a mini bounce and now the time is coming very soon to average down on various tech stocks i bought in 2021.

we are approaching serious oversold territory in 3........2........1..............

Valuist

EOG Master
At under 120, Walmart has to be on the radar. Decent earnings other day and sold off a bit, but nowhere as bad as Target. In a recession, hard to see people flocking away from WMT. Decent support around 119 and then again at 110 or so. Might wait for dust to settle and hope for 110. Or sell puts to it.

MrTop

EOG Master
At under 120, Walmart has to be on the radar. Decent earnings other day and sold off a bit, but nowhere as bad as Target. In a recession, hard to see people flocking away from WMT. Decent support around 119 and then again at 110 or so. Might wait for dust to settle and hope for 110. Or sell puts to it.

WSJ reports walmart, kohls and target have a large inventory on hand. So, since they are not selling clothes as much now cause of the high inflation they have to clear everything out giving reduced prices. So less money is to be made with smaller margins. Probably why everything dropped.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
When is it time to buy back in? 52High was 376

When is it time to buy back in? 52High was 376
LOL. I wouldn't be in a hurry, but some support around 128-129. Cloud not real hot right now.. Especially for those not yet profitable. Its up to the Fed. Do they follow thru and keep raising rates? If they raise as much as they should, everything will get crushed. But there's a chance they scare themselves off after June.

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
SOFI is now $7.49........still long...........if you want a PURE SPECULATION play on the next "pandumic"......MONKEY POX VIRUS. / SMALL POX ........SIGA ( SIGA TECH. )...IT POPPED UP TO $ 15.33 IN after hours trading Friday....the stock has already doubled since 5/18/22........PUT THIS THING ON YOUR RADAR !!!!!!!!.............................VERY RISKY, but has potential to go alot higher like MODERNA ( MRNA ) & NOVAVAX ( NVAX ) during the early days of the Corona virus.

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
BRUTAL MARKET CORRECTION GENTLEMEN......& CRYPTO BLOOD BATH.........not catching no falling knives. Hoping for $14,513 Bitcoin ( this would be the 8th 80% drop in bitcoin , so history might repeat ) The Federal Reserve is in a pickle & may raise rates very aggressively .

MrTop

EOG Master
BRUTAL MARKET CORRECTION GENTLEMEN......& CRYPTO BLOOD BATH.........not catching no falling knives. Hoping for $14,513 Bitcoin ( this would be the 8th 80% drop in bitcoin , so history might repeat ) The Federal Reserve is in a pickle & may raise rates very aggressively .

they are raising rates. short is better more green

DOW down 2%

natural gas down 16%

Last edited:

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I averaged down last Thurs night on several Crypto positions after a mini bounce and now the time is coming very soon to average down on various tech stocks i bought in 2021.

we are approaching serious oversold territory in 3........2........1..............

I said that a month ago and we are still dropping LOL

Valuist

EOG Master
That $20k level is a real key support level for bitcoin. That was basically the top in late 2017 and was resistance on the way back up. If that doesn’t hold, it’s a pretty big drop to solid support.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
That $20k level is a real key support level for bitcoin. That was basically the top in late 2017 and was resistance on the way back up. If that doesn’t hold, it’s a pretty big drop to solid support.

And I think 1,000 is support number for ETH

homie1975

EOG Addicted

80% drops from ATH have happened multiple times.

$67,000 last NOV less 80% = ~$13,500

homie1975

EOG Addicted
just increased my BTC exposure by 2.5x fold.

my avg cost now just inside of 24K

averaged down to a comfy spot, now let's see where she goes

MrTop

EOG Master

ANALYSTS CONTINUE TO HAVE AN UNUSUALLY HIGH NUMBER OF “BUY” RATINGS ON S&P 500 STOCKS​

EARNINGS​

By John Butters | June 17, 2022

Despite higher inflation, rising interest rates, military conflict in Ukraine, fear of recession, and stock price declines, analysts continue to have an unusually high number of Buy ratings on stocks in the S&P 500.
As of today, there are 10,708 ratings on stocks in the S&P 500. Of these ratings, 56.9% are Buy ratings, 37.7% are Hold ratings, and 5.4% are Sell ratings. The 5-year average (month-end) percentage of Buy ratings is 53.3%, the 5-year average (month-end) percentage of Hold ratings is 40.7%, and the 5-year average (month-end) percentage of Sell ratings is 5.5%.

The percentage of Buy ratings has declined slightly in recent months from a peak of 57.4% at the end of February to 56.9% today. However, assuming the percentage of Buy ratings does not dip below 56% in the next two weeks, the month of June will mark the 15th straight month in which the percentage of Buy ratings on S&P 500 stocks finishes above 56%. Prior to this recent surge in Buy ratings, the last time the (month-end) percentage of Buy ratings exceeded 55% was September 2011 (55.8%).

MrTop

EOG Master

Cruise’s Driverless Taxis Get OK to Charge Fares in California​

• Utilities commission votes 4-0 to allow taxis with no drivers
  • Company is carrying passengers for free now in San Francisco

MrTop

EOG Master
Powell: "Rapid changes are taking place in the global monetary system that may affect the international role of the dollar." A US central bank digital currency is being examined to "help the US dollar's international standing."

Wade

EOG Master
Anyone got MANU stock? Would be weird to own stock in a soccer team. Also weird that it’s on the NYSE.

MrTop

EOG Master
Dyal Capital Nears Deal for Minority Stake in Sacramento Kings
Proposed deal would give investment firm nearly 5% stake at valuation of $1.5 billion, according to people familiar with the matter
Dyal, a unit of the newly public Blue Owl Capital Inc

OWL is best known for taking minority stakes in private-equity and credit firms.

Last edited:

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Plenty downside left now

not much. already down 80% from the ATH of $4800 last NOV.

it's at $950 right now.

it's pretty much now or never.

what's another $500 between friends?

if it keeps going down with BTC, I will simply keep buying.

I will gladly go down w/ the BTC and ETH ships if they never amount to anything.

worth the risk IMO

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Don't know about eth, but bitcoin has always gone down 80-85% from all time high. Last was 20,000 to 3,000 before the big run which happens when they halve every four years. Next halve is 2024 so waiting to about 10,500 before buying. Don't expect any run until then. Books have lost quite a lot, but still up big.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
As long a interest rates rise, Bit and company will tank.
Good. I will keep buying. If i have to ride that horse into the ground, I will.

as long as it stays above Zero and has a chance to rise up again when rates stabilize, then IMO it's worth the risk (with discretionary income, of course).

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Don't know about eth, but bitcoin has always gone down 80-85% from all time high. Last was 20,000 to 3,000 before the big run which happens when they halve every four years. Next halve is 2024 so waiting to about 10,500 before buying. Don't expect any run until then. Books have lost quite a lot, but still up big.

about 8 times in it's history, BTC has gone down ~80% from the ATH.

it is currently at ~70% down from the Nov 2021 high.

the wildcard now is the interest rates as Cheapseats said.

it go down more than 80%.

good. i will take it. Come to papa.