EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (VALUIST is our December contestant)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Current score: 48-38, TCU, early in the fourth quarter.

Live total now 100.5.

Sheesh!

Michigan scored only six points in the first half.

Hate rooting against Valuist but I have THE Ohio State +6.5 in the ESPN Bowl Pool contest and I could really use a Buckeyes cover since I am UP 2 games in Dave Tuley's group and would like to stay that way

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good luck, WINK.

VALUIST proved his mettle here in December.

Win or lose with his Georgia selection tonight, EOG will invite VALUIST to return next December.

When smart guys like RAY LUCA and DOGBALL appreciate a contributor's opinions, I realize the spotlight is trained on the right guy.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Guess who Tcu opens next season against. Deion and the Colorodo Buffs.

I have seen some books list CU's RSW O/U at 5.5. Goodluck finding 6 wins here - those last 4 games all on the road are bruuuuutile! I could see them going 1-4 their last 5 games

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Deion on the class hike.

From the SWAC to the Pac-12.

I agree with WINK.

Deion in deep.

Though "Prime Time" went 24-6 over three seasons at Jackson State.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
That program has no where to go but up. He doesn’t have to do much to get them to 500.

Agree......just not in 2023

The problem he has is: Now EVERYONE will get motivate to play CU because of him. They will wanna shove it up his ass

Fox Sports said his son is a Heisman contender. He will be listed in per-season odds and draw some money. I have a better chance of winning the 2023 Heisman than Deion's son does

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Good luck, WINK.

VALUIST proved his mettle here in December.

Win or lose with his Georgia selection tonight, EOG will invite VALUIST to return next December.

When smart guys like RAY LUCA and DOGBALL appreciate a contributor's opinions, I realize the spotlight is trained on the right guy.
I have nothing against Valuist. He is definitely sharp and gave it a great runner runner but Woodrow Wilson is more than sharp. He is epic sharp. He took down 6 figures in a Las Vegas college football contest. That puts him up there with Fezzik. He deserved more than JK abandoning his contest thread then halfassing the thank you for your participation. JK's thank you to Valuist should come with a sensitive content advisory.

I was rooting hard for Woodrow Wilson.

I always do.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Not quite sure why gamblers play the high profile games when there are so many better options. In a whole month you can’t find better lines then the 2 games today

railbird

EOG Master
Deion on the class hike.

From the SWAC to the Pac-12.

I agree with WINK.

Deion in deep.

Though "Prime Time" went 24-6 over three seasons at Jackson State.
Bill Mccartney got Sal Aunnesse from Oceanside, Mike Pritchard from North Vegas, Eric Bienemy from Bishop Amat, won the National Title in Boulder, the year was 1990

Heim

EOG Master
Bill Mccartney got Sal Aunnesse from Oceanside, Mike Pritchard from North Vegas, Eric Bienemy from Bishop Amat, won the National Title in Boulder, the year was 1990

Charles Johnson was the QB...they dedicated the season to the memory of Aunnesse who died of cancer.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Bill McCartney was a recruiting cheat.

Gary Barnett was on McCartney's staff at Colorado.

Barnett learned the ins and outs of cheating/recruiting from McCartney.

Barnett came to Northwestern in the mid-1990s and he promised to "take the purple to Pasadena."

He delivered on the promise when NU played in the Rose Bowl following the 1995 season.

The key to Barnett's success at Northwestern: An understanding admissions department.

1672558457224.png

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
VALUIST finished the month of December with a record of 17-12-1 for a winning rate of 58.6%, just shy of the 60% threshold needed to conquer EOG's Grand Challenge.

Great try, V.

I thought you were home and dry at 17-9-1.

VALUIST started and finished the contest with three straight losses.

Like some of the horses I play, VALUIST turned to stone at the sixteenth pole.

Let's do it again next December.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Charles Johnson was the QB...they dedicated the season to the memory of Aunnesse who died of cancer.
Aunese story is quite interesting.
Starting QB for Colorado and has a kid with Coach McCartney's daughter. Aunese gets a rare form of stomach cancer and dies at the age of 21.
That kid TC McCartney is the tight ends coach for the Cleveland Browns.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Aunese story is quite interesting.
Starting QB for Colorado and has a kid with Coach McCartney's daughter. Aunese gets a rare form of stomach cancer and dies at the age of 21.
That kid TC McCartney is the tight ends coach for the Cleveland Browns.
TC was recruited to play at LSU by Les Miles. Miles also recruited his dad at Colorado. TC got a National Championship ring while at LSU. I do not believe he ever got into a game.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Bill McCartney was a recruiting cheat.

Gary Barnett was on McCartney's staff at Colorado.

Barnett learned the ins and outs of cheating/recruiting from McCartney.

Barnett came to Northwestern in the mid-1990s and he promised to "take the purple to Pasadena."

He delivered on the promise when NU played in the Rose Bowl following the 1995 season.

The key to Barnett's success at Northwestern: An understanding admissions department.

View attachment 7467769

Mom went to Northwestern.

She went there when Ara P was coaching there.

She had ZERO desire to attend a Rose Bowl game. Until Northwestern somehow made it. As soon as Michigan beat THE Ohio State to make it she said she wanted tix to the game so for Xmas that was her gift. She went and still has a sweatshirt from the game. She will be 84 in 3 weeks so odds are close to 100% that was the last RB in her lifetime for her Alma Mater. Gary Barnett is like a GOD to her for allowing her an opportunity she never thought she would have