EOG’s 2021 Pro Football Contest Presented by BetDSI - Week 18 thread, official lines, etc.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Updated with official Circa Million III standings, looks like second Durbify entry with others moving up will tie for 7th to 10th or so:

1. DURBIFY-1 3-2 63 pts (Durbify will win the first place tiebreaker of most winning weeks)
2. Mad Russian 5-0 63 pts
3. HANNIBAL BARCA-1 2-3 62.5 pts
4. JJarvis117 4-1 62 pts

5T. HANNIBAL BARCA-2 2-3 61.5 pts
and 4 others w/ 61.5 pts

10T Alma 3-2 61 pts
MFC INC 3-2 61 pts
DURBIFY-2 2-3 61 pts
INYO 3-2 61 pts
and 1 other w/ 61 pts

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
DURBIFY trumped SQUAREPANTS in terms of a single-season contest score.

Well done.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
mad russian tied him, in my view the tiebreaker rules at circa are idiotic, it should have been a chop. or have a playoff tie breaker. the westgate tiebreaker is last 3 weeks bettor record, so it would have been flipped.

Durbify

EOG Member
Sad to spend all that energy hating and negativity. Keep kicking dirt railmad russian tied him, in my view the tiebreaker rules at circa are idiotic, it should have been a chop. or have a playoff tie breaker. the westgate tiebreaker is last 3 weeks bettor record, so it would have been flipped

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Sad to spend all that energy hating and negativity. Keep kicking dirt railmad russian tied him, in my view the tiebreaker rules at circa are idiotic, it should have been a chop. or have a playoff tie breaker. the westgate tiebreaker is last 3 weeks bettor record, so it would have been flipped

Congrats! Just curious after the fact:

1) Before Week 18, could you spontaneously recite your two entries' "winning week" records? and 2) Before submitting Week 18 picks, did you research the 'winning week" records of the Top 7 or so that could potentially tie you for 1st?

Durbify

EOG Member
mad russian tied him, in my view the tiebreaker rules at circa are idiotic, it should have been a chop. or have a playoff tie breaker. the westgate tiebreaker is last 3 weeks bettor record, so it would have been flipped.
Congrats! Just curious after the fact:

1) Before Week 18, could you spontaneously recite your two entries' "winning week" records? and 2) Before submitting Week 18 picks, did you research the 'winning week" records of the Top 7 or so that could potentially tie you for 1st?
Bob,
I believe it was week 15 I went to rules regarding ties to see where I stood. First tie breaker being wins. One of the major reasons I chose 1/2 point lines week 18. Made easier the games with 1/2 point spreads were in my top 8. So I know wins were either tie or on my side. Second tie breaker being most above 2.5 point winning weeks. My only losing week to that point was week 12. I know I was atleast one week ahead in that. I knew it was going to be very close

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Bob,
I believe it was week 15 I went to rules regarding ties to see where I stood. First tie breaker being wins. One of the major reasons I chose 1/2 point lines week 18. Made easier the games with 1/2 point spreads were in my top 8. So I know wins were either tie or on my side. Second tie breaker being most above 2.5 point winning weeks. My only losing week to that point was week 12. I know I was atleast one week ahead in that. I knew it was going to be very close

Aha, I had noticed you selected only half-point lines. That guarantees either the pair 5-0,0-5/ 4-1,1-4/ 3-2,2-3 so you are guaranteed a winning ticket with 3 wins and have no pushes to dilute your win total. It is a somehow bizarre rule primarily because I doubt anyone in the contest, prior to Week 18, could answer the question "What are the Winning Week records for the Top 7 or so entries?"

Durbify

EOG Member
Aha, I had noticed you selected only half-point lines. That guarantees either the pair 5-0,0-5/ 4-1,1-4/ 3-2,2-3 so you are guaranteed a winning ticket with 3 wins and have no pushes to dilute your win total. It is a somehow bizarre rule primarily because I doubt anyone in the contest, prior to Week 18, could answer the question "What are the Winning Week records for the Top 7 or so entries?"
I would imagine would be an after thought unless you were in contention for first. That is the only tie breaking opportunity. I will say I took pride in one losing week. Felt good to get to the finish line with my main card and not back door. Cheers Bob Yes Bob exactly why I chose 1/2 point games.