Dale Jr. buys Montoya's Daytona 500 car

Earnhardt Jr. has Montoya's Daytona 500 Car: A (mangled) piece of racing history has landed in the woods surrounding Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s property in Cleveland, N.C. Thanks to a familiar connection, NASCAR's most popular driver recently acquired the destroyed Juan Pablo Montoya's #42 Chevy that famously slammed into a jet dryer under caution during the Feb. 27 Daytona 500. Collecting crashed race cars is a hobby of Earnhardt's, and the latest addition is the only one that's caused a fiery on-track explosion and a two-hour delay in NASCAR's biggest race. And when Earnhardt found it through Chris Heroy, a former Hendrick Motorsports engineer who is the first-year crew chief for Montoya, he jumped on getting it imprecisely added to his car graveyard, adjacent to his backyard replica Western town known as Whisky River.(USA Today)(3-10-2012)

Re: Dale Jr. buys Montoya's Daytona 500 car

Junior didn't pay for the car:

"I got about 50 or 60 cars out there, and I didn't buy any of them," Earnhardt boasted Friday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. "(Heroy) calls me, and I get my property manager to go over there and load it up and bring it over."We get a forklift or a tractor with a forklift or frontend loader and just carry it into the woods and just set it out there somewhere."

I see you corrected that...LOL That's crazy that all those cars were given to him.

I think this is one of the best chances in a long time for Jr to braek that losing streak. I like him and Kasey for top 5 picks:btj:

I see you corrected that...LOL That's crazy that all those cars were given to him.

I think this is one of the best chances in a long time for Jr to break that losing streak. I like him and Kasey for top 5 picks:btj:

I agree, Junior has a good shot at it today, but with the Roush cars known dominance at Vegas...I am going with:

7133 A Ford wins Kobalt Tools 400 +304