Costa Rica-- one of the most expensive countries in the world

degengambler63

EOG Senior Member
not anything i didn't know as i live here and money flies out of one's pocket faster than
you can earn it.

i met a retired german couple who are tourists. they asked me where the nearest mailbox
was so they could send postcards. after i got finished laughing we discussed their travels.
they have been to many countries in asia, north, central and south america as well as
all over europe. they expressed to me that costa rica was the most expensive country
they have visited.

people thinking of retiring, do not come to costa rica for this reason and many others.
panama, ecuador probably more acceptable to one and all.

:shoot:

macau

EOG Addicted
Re: Costa Rica-- one of the most expensive countries in the world

its very expensive but on the flip side no taxes up front , and it aint a police state....

degengambler63

EOG Senior Member

not a police state, however, 10 out of 10 professionals plus 10 out of 10 people on the street will agree
the government is corrupt

macau

EOG Addicted

by what i meant was govt does not care what you do , as long as you keep the peace .....whereas usa everyone is has to conform...:btj: the usa has gone to the dogs... so sterile

corruption does not really matter to me ...does not bother me it actually helps me if im being honest...little selfish here but thats the truth

degengambler63

EOG Senior Member

by what i meant was govt does not care what you do , as long as you keep the peace .....whereas usa everyone is has to conform...:btj: the usa has gone to the dogs... so sterile

corruption does not really matter to me ...does not bother me it actually helps me if im being honest...little selfish here but thats the truth

i think we can agree there's a little corruption everywhere. however, the people here believe it, even know it, yet don't care. i guess it's tolerable if it doesn't affect your life. but here it does influence life negativly in mnay ways. more to come

i think we can agree there's a little corruption everywhere. however, the people here believe it, even know it, yet don't care. i guess it's tolerable if it doesn't affect your life. but here it does influence life negativly in mnay ways. more to come

So the recent landslide elections against the traditional parties mean nothing, Macau and Degen?

degengambler63

EOG Senior Member

mike--hi you doing? elections prov the point. 10% johnny was knocked out early and who wants a communist? not much to choose from, right. even if solis somehow wliminates a little corruption,
the cost of living will not change. i have a family of 4 and 8000/month just about makes it.

Yikes DG, that's a lot of coin for monthly maintenance. (Hellos back at ya)

I do agree with the title of this thread... the costs of living here are really getting out of hand. My wife were talking about how expensive (relatively speaking) private education can get when you have two kids.

I think Solis' government will tighten the screws and manage to get more of us to pony up more tax money. The tax evasion here is massive. It is not going to be easy for this new government to turn this train around, but I am hopeful they will help improve a lot of the most obvious deficiencies plaguing public administration, and help us set a better course for our children's sake.

macau

EOG Addicted

yes i see the new guy coming in however the way the system is set up he does not have much time to change stuff - you only get a chance at one term is that right ?

yes laywers/doctors/car dealers pay very little taxes. . ..yeah getem to pay something lol..it wont make any difference

when looking at govts actions i dont even look at what decesions they make , they wont effect me or my future kids lifes not one iota...zero effect .....