Corrigan, Blessing and Beghtel talk sports from a Las Vegas perspective

Bushay

NHL Expert
Corrigan, Blessing and Beghtel talk sports from a Las Vegas perspective

Host John Kelly was joined by a trio of guests who provided valuable insight to the listeners of The EOG Sports Hour.

https://soundcloud.com/eye-on-gaming/eog-7-sept-15

Veteran bookmaker Mike Corrigan discussed the college football weekend from the house's perspective.

Sportscaster Brian Blessing talked about the prospects of a National Hockey League team coming to Las Vegas in the near future.

And Bobby Beghtel, aka "Bobby the Owl," reviewed the opening week of the college football season and previewed his top game for this Saturday's busy slate of games.

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated
Re: Corrigan, Blessing and Beghtel talk sports from a Las Vegas perspective

this new show Brian Blessing is talking about. is it the same as the other one, just on a different station? or is it a different kind of show?

I like when corrugated mike said we don't care about soccer. then when he was talking about live betting threw in soccer as one of these new things. guy is so sharp. walking razor man!

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated

nice show...like it more when Corrigan concentrates on books. .linemovements....and less baseball....the owl...does his homework as usual...

westside

EOG Enthusiast

Agreed. Corrigan is great but he often goes off on tangents about baseball and baseball nostalgia that makes you want to tune out.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'll pass along the constructive criticism to Mike Corrigan.

He's a confident guy so he appreciates/understands positive and negative feedback.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sorry to hear about Brian.

I met him on his first day in Las Vegas.

He came from Buffalo where he was a television sports anchor in the '80s and '90s.

When first arriving in Las Vegas, Brian teamed with oddsmaker Kenny White on several radio and television projects.

Brian and Kenny called high school football games every Friday night in the fall season for a local Las Vegas television station.

I also remember Brian hosting various events at Sunset Station for sports book director Chuck Esposito.

Brian knew a lot about three areas of sports: horses, hockey and the Buffalo Bills.

His chit-chat broadcasting style reminded me of the late Chicago sportscaster Chet Coppock.

Heim

EOG Master
Sorry to hear.

Met him one time when I lived in Vegas when he had that morning to
afternoon gambling radio from a local sports bar.

It would be something if Bills finally do it and he's not around to see it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sorry to hear.

Met him one time when I lived in Vegas when he had that morning to
afternoon gambling radio from a local sports bar.

It would be something if Bills finally do it and he's not around to see it.

Thought the same thing when I heard the news.

And I frown on omens, premonitions and all signs from the other side.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Sorry to hear about Brian.

I met him on his first day in Las Vegas.

He came from Buffalo where he was a television sports anchor in the '80s and '90s.

When first arriving in Las Vegas, Brian teamed with oddsmaker Kenny White on several radio and television projects.

Brian and Kenny called high school football games every Friday night in the fall season for a local Las Vegas television station.

I also remember Brian hosting various events at Sunset Station for sports book director Chuck Esposito.

Brian knew a lot about three areas of sports: horses, hockey and the Buffalo Bills.

His chit-chat broadcasting style reminded me of the late Chicago sportscaster Chet Coppock.

Sunset Station Hosted a Live Handicapping Contest That He Participated in.

Similar To Stardust Invitational.

Scott Spreitzer

Gary Greene

Trushel

Blessing

etc.

justintalk

EOG Veteran
Lets say pre covid if a guy dies suddenly and its not a heart attack what is the cause of death?
Remenber when holthouse and andy passed away suddenly what was the cause of death?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Lets say pre covid if a guy dies suddenly and its not a heart attack what is the cause of death?
Remenber when holthouse and andy passed away suddenly what was the cause of death?

I never discovered the cause of death for either Andy Ducay or Barry Holthaus.

Both men died too early.

justintalk

EOG Veteran
My guess is they both died from sleep apnea but the doctor just ruled it natural causes. Sleep apnea is when people stop breathing at night for several seconds and the solution is to get a mask to help you breath. Many people will ignore the problem because wearing the mask is uncomfortable.
You say not many people die from SA but that's because they are not going to spend time and money on a autopsy.

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran
I was stunned to learn of Brian Blessing's unexpected passing yesterday, during the later football games. All of a sudden, the outcome of my bets became trivial. I've listened to Brian on the radio and TV for the past 15 years and I found him to be one of the most interesting listens, just a guy I wish I'd met. He won me way more often than lost, when I tailed him blindly. It's another reminder that life offers no guarantees.