Bret Bielema thoughts

blueline

EOG Master

"In particular the offensive line, I don't believe we have a player in the two deep (second stringers) that (previous coaching staffs) have recruited here over the last three years that is really significantly doing anything for us in the playing department, and that's a major concern," Bielema said. "That's something that we have to do."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Need to downgrade Bielema after those comments.

At least, lower Bielema's power rating from a class perspective.

I assume something's wrong in Bielema's life.

The weight gain is troublesome.

1634679813075.png

blueline

EOG Master
I don't bet games because motivation is the key factor .....made an exception with the raiders last week.........could be tempted here

blueline

EOG Master
all I heard was how much of a mess the Raiders were.....the yappers on the espn betting show " total disarray".....only one person in media land said gruden was a dick to his players and this was likely a good thing

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You could have cashed a two-teamer.

Fade the Raiders in Week 5 (Gruden's last game) and bet the Raiders in Week 6 (Gruden OFF).

I have all the answers after the games are played.

Haha.

Last edited:
Never mind.Wisconsin just fired his ass.
As a UW grad I was shocked. The most un wisconsin like thing i've seen. Good to see the new AD not settling for the negative direction the program was heading. Have to believe Leonard and Liepold (former UW Whitewater coach) are at the top of the short list.

Valuist

EOG Master
I have to think Chyst is on thin ice in Madison. This program has deteriorated significantly in the past two years.
The ice was thin. Leonhard already an upgrade. Plenty of experience as a DC and a great special teams player at NFL level.

Valuist

EOG Master
The defense was always good. The shitty QB and losing to the fat man from Illinois got him fired.

It's more than Mertz. The O-line, a trademark for years, is barely average. They struggle to run now. Started to really notice the downfall since the Notre Dame game from last year.

They not only lost to the fat man this year but last year as well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's more than Mertz. The O-line, a trademark for years, is barely average. They struggle to run now. Started to really notice the downfall since the Notre Dame game from last year.

They not only lost to the fat man this year but last year as well.

And to think Graham Mertz broke into college football with a debut performance for the ages: 20-for-21 (95.2%), 248 yards and five touchdowns.

Mertz's first-ever college start came in 2020 against...wait for it...Illinois.

And to think Graham Mertz broke into college football with a debut performance for the ages: 20-for-21 (95.2%), 248 yards and five touAchdowns.

Mertz's first-ever college start came in 2020 against...wait for it...Illinois.
And too think he never got better than that game. A developmental program cannot let the most important position on the field stagnate or decline.

So much too unpack here

Wisconsin dominated in the run game since Alvarez took over. Minnesota and Illinois have clearly passed Wisconsin in doing what the Badgers did best. Strike 1

Recruiting rankings, and lack of interest in transfer portal had the badgers on a downward trajectory. Why wouldn't every top lineman and running back want to play there? Chryst was old school and couldn't (didn't want too?) embrace the new landscape of college football. Strike 2

He had the personality of a dry fart. Didn't want to interact with boosters, cancelled the spring game and felt that sound bites were below him. The aw shucks personality was part of the charm when they were winning, but I think the "appreciate the opportunity" mantra was his downfall. Team is soft in the trenches. This is what made Wisconsin competitive. Strike 3

Ballsy move by new AD as he went all in with this move. Alvarez was (is) godlike in cheeseland, and McIntosh canned one of his boys. Hopefully Jim Leonhard can restore the fire to this program.

In all honesty, there's a certain masochistic nature to being a badger fan. Both football and basketball play slow down boring styles, but they win. So you accept the trade off. I think once the boring badger football became just bad football, the decision was easy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for sharing your insights, COW.

Conservative football,. in this day and age, is dangerous to play.

If you start losing, the fan base wants heads to roll.

I remember seeing a t-shirt in Iowa a few years ago which commented on Kirk Ferentz's conservative style of play.

Iowa, at the time, was winning so the fans bought into the low-scoring nature of the team's games.

The black and gold t-shirt read: Punting is good.