Bears

mr merlin

EOG Master
Bears absolutely dominating - which means they'll probably still lose against the totally uninterested vikes.

Heim

EOG Master
It's amazing you can get outscored 31-3 by a team with a lame duck coach and the wind out of their playoff sails

Valuist

EOG Master
In the most anticlimatic news, Nagy is out, and Pace also is gone. What is surprising is Flores getting booted from the Dolphins.

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
Who the Bears hire to replace both is key. There are pieces to the puzzle in place & with the right hires & draft they could be a playoff team next season.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Bears definitely have decent talent for the right hire to play with and would like to hear the reasoning for firing Flores who appears to be a top 10 coach.

blueline

EOG Master
Hub says things between Flores and the owner have been going downhill for some weeks.
Owner has big ties to Michigan..

blueline

EOG Master
One radio guy summed it up this way...

.only the bears can fire the 2 guys everyone wanted fired and not win the day

blueline

EOG Master
Tuesday wasn’t Ryan Poles’ first visit to Halas Hall. It won’t be his last, either.

The Bears interviewed the Chiefs’ 36-year-old executive director of player personnel in person on Tuesday after talking to him virtually Friday. By midday, the Bears were finalizing a deal to make him their next general manager, sources confirmed.

Poles was in high demand for general manager jobs — a finalist for the Panthers job last year, he conducted two interviews with the Giants before they chose Joe Schoen as their GM last week. He’s reached the final round of the Vikings’ GM search, too — he was scheduled to fly to Minneapolis for an in-person interview Wednesday.

Instead, the Bears got their man, less than 24 hours after chairman George McCaskey picked Poles up at O’Hare International Airport. McCaskey was captured on social media walking through baggage claim Monday night while wearing a Bears letterman’s jacket

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
McCaskey family still has the Halas trait of treating dimes like manhole covers....

only hired Ryan Poles to replace Ryan Pace

because they can save on the GM office name plate and just get it modified to Ryan P

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Chicago Bears hired Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus as their head coach, The Athletic has confirmed. Eberflus just completed his fourth season in charge of Indianapolis' defense and the Colts have finished with a top-10 run defense in each of those years.

Heim

EOG Master
He was way down in the market. I'm sure he wasn't their first choice.

Flores had to have said no....

blueline

EOG Master
Fields says it's the coaching
Where is the defensive coordinator...when is he coming back..is he coming back...no answers given
Left tackle potentially lost for the season

blueline

EOG Master
LOL

"You know, could be coaching I think . . . they are doing their job when they are giving me what to look at, but at the end of the day, I can’t be thinking about that when the game comes," Fields said. "I prepare myself throughout the week and then when the game comes, it’s time to play free at that point. Thinking less and playing more."

kane

EOG master
Bears need to design more running plays for Fields, they should have at least 5 or 6 designed runs for him per game, use his skill set, and that includes his legs

mr merlin

EOG Master
Bears need to design more running plays for Fields, they should have at least 5 or 6 designed runs for him per game, use his skill set, and that includes his legs
Make a running back out of him, he can get that hand off and then do whatever he wants. Unfortunately QB's dont have that luxury.

blueline

EOG Master
2 games into the season teams are defending him differently....at times there are 2 spies on him...they are daring him to throw

mr merlin

EOG Master
2 games into the season teams are defending him differently....at times there are 2 spies on him...they are daring him to throw
He basically admitted he's stupid, that he's been asked to do things(like think) that are hard for him.

Obviously they've told him that just because your first read might not be there, dont take off running right away(like he wants to), they've said to be a QB and look for another target before running. Apparently that's not his schtick.