Bears

blueline

EOG Master
others who would have insight have said she does especially when it come to pace...george has to run things by her

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Hub Arkush ?

A Chicago Guy ?

See His Handicapping Shows With Dan Hampton.

His father owned Pro Football Weekly, which was based in Chicago. Hub is annoying and a Bears apologist.

blueline

EOG Master
What do you think the odds are of Ryan Pace staying in the Bears organization in some capacity?

I can tell you in talking to people around the league, there definitely is a portion of folks who believe he has a good chance of remaining with the Bears either in his current role as general manager or in some other capacity on the football side of things. Others believe the Bears will make more sweeping changes than just replacing coach Matt Nagy.

I can tell you once source I spoke to earlier this week said a little more than a month ago, he would have put the chance of Pace staying at slightly higher than 50%. Now his belief is Pace’s chances of remaining with the Bears is greater than that. We know Chairman George McCaskey has held Pace in high regard for some time. He’s not going to let him be a guiding voice in a more than $100 million upgrade at Halas Hall without having total trust in him. It’s possible McCaskey wants to allow Pace to see through the development of quarterback Justin Fields and maybe McCaskey likes some of the younger players on the roster.

blueline

EOG Master
Bernstein saying this morning he is really starting to feel the bears will be "bears-ing" all of the upcoming off-season situations

blueline

EOG Master
Dan Wiederer

@danwiederer

·
1h

The same source emphasized that, to him, the lack of availability and lack of openness to questions by George and Ryan -- and to some extent Ted -- is somewhat rooted in paranoia but also a symptom of a subconscious lack of confidence in the actual direction and plan.

blueline

EOG Master
See what happens after all of the dust settles after this off-season but any success they may have going forward will be " catching lightning in a bottle" or the blind squirrel thing.

Valuist

EOG Master
What's trending on Twitter tonight? Mitch Trubisky. As in Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Washington as possible landing spots.

Valuist

EOG Master
Cleveland might trade mayfield for trubisky? Cmon.

Who's dumb idea is that?
No, Mayfield’s contract is up. No trade involved. This was all over Twitter. After seeing nearly every Browns game the past 3 years, I don’t think Trubisky would be a downgrade from Mayfield.

boston massacre

EOG Master
No, Mayfield’s contract is up. No trade involved. This was all over Twitter. After seeing nearly every Browns game the past 3 years, I don’t think Trubisky would be a downgrade from Mayfield.

Mayfield Has 1 Year Left.

18.8 Million.

Cleveland Exercised 5th Year Option.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I agree that trubisky might be a smidge better than mayfield, but he's not taking any team in the league anywhere good. At this stage he's an experienced backup only.

blueline

EOG Master

Buzz around the NFL is Chicago Bears GM Ryan Pace will stay — possibly with a promotion — while coach Matt Nagy will be fired​

By Brad Biggs

Chicago Tribune |

Jan 07, 2022 at 6:00 AM

boston massacre

EOG Master
He still isn't the answer. I'm sure they exercised the option only because this draft class of QBs is weak.

Definitely Not The Answer.

They Get Him For Another Year.

There's Nothing Else Out There.

What NFL QBS Would You Trust, Not To Make Dumb/Stupid Decisions ?

Not Many.

Here's My List.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes.

Valuist

EOG Master
Definitely Not The Answer.

They Get Him For Another Year.

There's Nothing Else Out There.

What NFL QBS Would You Trust, Not To Make Dumb/Stupid Decisions ?

Not Many.

Here's My List.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes.

I would put Wilson in there (Russell,,,,,definitely not Zach). He's had an off season but has been playing with injuries. Possibly Burrow and Dak.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Burrow a rapidly rising star, herbert seems to be improving, mac jones seems to be good but it could be their defense making it easy for him. other than that most of the young guys are crap.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Burrow a rapidly rising star, herbert seems to be improving, mac jones seems to be good but it could be their defense making it easy for him. other than that most of the young guys are crap.

Lot of Shit Coaches out There, Just Like QBS.

If Cinncy Was Smart, This Off Season, They Would Sign/ Draft Offensive Linemen.

Buurow Has Been Sacked 50 Times This Year. Out This Week, in Addition To Blowing Out The Knee Last Year on a Sack.

They Were Originally Going To Draft Offensive Lineman Pen Sewell, OT From Oregon.

But JaMar Chase Was Still on The Board, and Was To Good To Pass Up.

In Addition To Being Former Teammates at LSU.

See if Cinncy Management Has The Brains To Do This.

The Ist Round Offensive Tackle That The Chargers Drafted Last Year From Nothwestern, Rashon Slater Turned Out To Be a Great Pick.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Then you have Trevor Lawrence, did the guy show anything? Did he string together even 2 qtr's where he looked good? i doubt it.

mr merlin

EOG Master

blueline

EOG Master
Dan McNeil yesterday referencing what former players have told him things that were done and the ways they were treated :

reprehensible
there are bad people in the orginization
some people who have some very questionable ethical and moral values

he wouldnt name names

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
I’m so tired of being a bears fan. Sports betting contests helped with that as I’ve bet against Chicago many times.

No first round pick again next year. Should work out well for the next coach.