Beantown Jimmy, what's your take on this?

Sam Odom

EOG Master
CAMP WILLIAMS, Utah (Reuters) - Asked whether he would relocate permanently to Utah after being brought here as a refugee from Hurricane Katrina, Larry Andrew rattled off a series of questions on Friday on the delicate issue of race.

"How do the adults really feel about us moving in?" he asked at Camp Williams, a military base 21 miles south of Salt Lake City housing about 400 refugees from last weeks disaster. "What if I find a Caucasian girl and decide to date her?

"Will I have to deal with whispering behind me and eyeballing me?" asked the 36-year-old black man.

For the mostly poor, black refugees evacuated from New Orleans, few places are as geographically remote and culturally alien as this corner of Utah, where 0.2 percent of the population in the nearest town is black.
<!-- / message -->

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Hey Sammy. What's the deal in trying to get a bunch of racist crap started again? Maybe Glaken is right and this serves a nice agenda for you.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I have a problem with you trying to incite racism comments from BTJ. You know damn well it would lead to trouble.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Fair enough, but if a man is a racist cant blame the 'object' that brings the racism out of him. But, fair enough.

watson

EOG Enthusiast
I usually try to mind my business because I dont need any more enemies than I already have but all this race talk is getting tiresome. Arent we all just trying to make some money. The only color that should matter to us is green. General good job diffusing the situation before it gets out of hand.