Attention Whoring 101

rainbow

EOG Master
Re: Perpetual Czech Still Rejects Me

The key is to NOT make the second bet to get off the first. That is a mistake. You have to eat the first bet.

The only reason to make the second bet on the same game is because you see value in that bet. And that would mean even making a second bet on the under 10 if you feel there's value going under again.

Never polish middle yourself for the reason of trying to get your money back on the first bet.

:pop:
#1 post of the week... If you don't comprehend it, reread it till you understand what he's saying...

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

the way many posters make mistakes is to bet 2nd half middles for the sake of wide middles.

For instance if they bet Chargers-Saints under 48 and at halftime its 10-7. they then bet 2nd half over 23 not because they like it or have any idea but just because it gives them a fat middle

instead of probably winning 1 unit on the original bet they may well end up -.1 units

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

the way many posters make mistakes is to bet 2nd half middles for the sake of wide middles.

For instance if they bet Chargers-Saints under 48 and at halftime its 10-7. they then bet 2nd half over 23 not because they like it or have any idea but just because it gives them a fat middle

instead of probably winning 1 unit on the original bet they may well end up -.1 units

Most guys in that situation that I know, might hedge just a bit but do not bet the same as they did for the game....especially if it is a large wager....

Right. Since Fezzik's touting himself as some sort of genius in this thread, one of my favorite Fezzik moments on the old YCBOI show was when he had his tout buddy Teddy Covers on the show, and Teddy told the audience that one of the most profitable opportunities out there exists when you bet the dog and they are leading at halftime, that way you can bet the favorite at halftime and set up a "big fat juicy middle."

So of course Fezzik said "That's terrible advice! You should only bet the other side at halftime if that bet is at least neutral expectation on its own and you should never hedge at halftime simply for the sake of hedging," Right? Nope, Fezzik replied in the affirmative with a resounding "No question!" At which point a bunch of novices asked on the old LVA board if that advice is correct, so I had to waste even more of my life explaining that Fezzik doesn't know what he's talking about. Hilarious he mocks people for thinking his $2500 seminar is overpriced when he supports advice like that with an emphatic "No question!"

In my overpriced seminar, I explained some stuff. The other day several played a Weaver game (I think UN 7.5). Uh-oh. 3-0 middle of the 1st. Weaver gone.

Any tout/capper who gave that under out is dead. LOSER. Done. But any sharp bettor sees the in run live wagering at 10. What's this? ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL!! THey have priced the next 8.5 innings like Weaver is pitching, but he's not. Boom. Bet OV 10. (OR OV 7.5 -big vig). Done. Problem fixed (unless it lands 8 or 9, but you get the idea).

Wow, that's the sort of advice that's worth charging $2500! All this time, I had the random Angels long relievers projected at the same level of performance as Weaver. For your next trick, perhaps you can suggest on an in running bet on the Heat's opponent at +7 when the pregame line is -7, the Heat lead by 2 after 1q, and Lebron left with an injury.

Yup. that's what I have been hearing........I guess it must be true.

Seriously, I've lost on my releases during the past few years vs. Widely Available lines. I make no excuses. I've tried to do too many sports, and my work hasn't been good enough. It has become very, very difficult for me to give out winners vs. widely available numbers when I'm handicapping multiple sports.

You "make no excuses" and then follow it up with an excuse. Wonderful. At least blaming it on too many sports is better than blaming it on your kid, who must be 7 now since you've lost your ass in football every year since 2005, to the tune of about -110 units. Exactly what other sports do you claim to be handicapping? Since whatever year you last hosted basketball on SSB, 2002 I think, you've only ever posted plays in football, NBA playoffs, and the NCAA basketball tournament.

My Vancouver friend got the Mia Heat +2 opener at Pinnacle on my recommendation. I gave them out +1.5/+1 on the overnight line (+1.5 was gone quickly). It's easy to say "What the (_#*(%, releasing them at 1am in the middle of the night". The problem is that by a normal hour you blink and the Heat are -1, an your likley 55% +1.5 play is no longer worth a bet.

No, the problem is that you release these plays when only Pinnacle and 5Dimes have lines out, one of which doesn't take US customers and the other is quick to slash overnight limits severely of anyone with a clue, so it does few people any good to release these plays and you are merely padding your record.

Re: Jeff, the Check is a Pretender

Re: Jeff, the Check is a Pretender

Way too many example to list, but recently he bet the baseball Grand Salami on the Home teams since they were net ML favorites.

He also doesn't seem to be able to understand that in NBA series prices 1 team can be 55% play -2, and the very next game the OTHER guys are a 57% play at the same price +2. (Mia/Boston)

There is absolutely no way the zig zag effect translates into a 12% swing. I would gladly book your action all day and all night if there were a reasonable way to measure it. Oh, and if you hadn't stiffed me the last time.

Me thinks Check has likely never even looked or thought about ONE baseball game's run totals on home and away teams (to make it easy for him at a pk'm price). If he had he would realize how awful his analysis was.

He explained there was an impact of the bottom of the 9th omisssion. Somehow he missed the truncation of scoring for the home team in EVERY xtra inning.......

Way to misinterpret his post, and I'm pretty sure he knows the "bottom of the 9th" effect carries over to extra innings. I usually refer to it as the "b9 effect" rather than "b9 and extra innings" effect for simplicity.

The funniest part about you criticizing someone else about baseball is that 1) PC has never sold advice claiming to be an expert, 2) PC has certainly never claimed to be a baseball expert, while 3) you've sold advice claiming to be an expert for years, are completely clueless on the subject of baseball, yet repeatedly give out terrible advice. Nevermind the "baseball isn't beatable and anyone who bets baseball in June rather than tweak his NFL power ratings is clueless" comments, you've made so many howlers over the years involving baseball that I could probably spend weeks dissecting all of them, i.e. you made numerous claims that the Dodgers have higher than average HFA when anyone looking at a baseball database can see that there's never been any point in their history that they had higher than average HFA.

Fezzik on betting runlines:

"[SIZE=-1]When the line goes into the stratosphere like this [referring to a team that was +245], I often bet the dog +1.5 since the 20 cent vig runline often allows more value than the +245/-275 (30 cent or more) ML[/SIZE]."

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Seriously, I've lost on my releases during the past few years vs. Widely Available lines. I make no excuses. I've tried to do too many sports, and my work hasn't been good enough. It has become very, very difficult for me to give out winners vs. widely available numbers when I'm handicapping multiple sports. The marketplace is so much faster.

Any refund going to those who paid (directly or indirectly since one of your pay forum's big selling point was your plays) for you to take you a couple years to come to this realization? I'm sure they would appreciate this alot more than hearing that you have no excuses for selling them what I believe you are now admitting here was basically snake's oil...

railbird

EOG Master

People make the mistake of thinking Polish middle is 1 bet, it is 2 independent bets and 1 of them is probably a pretty good bet.

Any refund going to those who paid (directly or indirectly since one of your pay forum's big selling point was your plays) for you to take you a couple years to come to this realization? I'm sure they would appreciate this alot more than hearing that you have no excuses for selling them what I believe you are now admitting here was basically snake's oil...

There have been numerous complaints from people on the forums who requested refunds and never got a reply. Since Anthony and Fezzik constantly stress "this is not a picks site" (except that the content this football season was almost entirely picks with no analysis, and whenever he wins he's quick to point out his "hot run," or in some cases just flat out invent a record), I'm sure they'll claim their subscribers got their money's worth with all the great analysis on the board.

On the topic of Polish middles, nothing wrong with betting a Polish middle if both bets are +EV, and I routinely bet stuff like an NFL favorite in a teaser and the other side on the ML, and sometimes the game lands 1 or 2 and I lose both, but shit happens. The problem with Fezzwick's example is that betting the over in that scenario is a good bet either way, regardless of your pregame bet on the under. But I expect nothing less from the "expert" and "mathematical genius" who told his paying customers that a line of +120/-140 was lower vig than +245/-275. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

The idea of betting an unadjusted pregame line in running when a star player leaves with an injury is an obscure idea that few people know and is surely worth paying $2500, and a good example of why Fezzwick is widely known as an in-running expert.

Moses The Moses

EOG Member

Excuses, whining, and crybaby tactics from Fezzik ... sure signs of a very low-quality person

The Perp Czech Business Model

The Perp Czech Business Model

No wonder you already have five posters.

I'm trying to work through the issues. So I have one owner of a website who repeatedly bans me at his "venue," but who makes it a point at another rival website to repeatedly spar with me? Perp, can't you just maintain your own lawn? Nobody at EOG is trampling on your grass.

I don't know what to make of this. I'll guess we'll keep doing this in some sort of third party environment.

Perp, give it up.

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: The Perp Czech Business Model

This guy makes the "Track Talk" guy look good, stfu you obsessed clown. Good god you are awful :shoot:

It's rare that you can elicit such thoughtful responses.

New EOG Team?

New EOG Team?

Otay, Buckwheat. I'm not asking for the EOG corporate employee flowchart. (Like they even know what that would be.) But a few weeks ago, it was announced that changes were being made here.

I am seeing new names..Is there going to be some introduction of the new staff or have we just evolved into JK and a handful of new cartoon handle employees?

I'm reading this Lady 321 and praying it's just an EOG bit.

Integrity

EOG Master
Re: New EOG Team?

lmfao then you fell for the ghost!!

Lady123 is the correct person while the other one is someone making funnies.

But to see ya thinking she's the right one is :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Lady123

EOG Member

Jeff Jone,

I am Lady123, nice to meet you!

What else there is I can do for you?

You seem like an angry man! You need to come visit Costa Rica we are the happiest people on earth!

Why Do Posters Announce Their Departure From Gambling Websites?

Why Do Posters Announce Their Departure From Gambling Websites?

No names. But it does happen more than it should. Happens all the time across the sites.

How does someone posting anonymously summon up the pride to decide that other anonymous posters are not showing him enough deference to continue expending his wisdom?

And then write a "Farewell" announcement like you would think the guy is going off to war!

Stop the tearful "goodbyes." Learn to get banned and make a difference. (To something I don't even know makes a difference.)

Just another day. Beat goes on.

High Times

EOG Master
Re: Why Do Posters Announce Their Departure From Gambling Websites?

When's your announcement coming?

:pop:

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why do you make a thread asking why people do it everytime someone does it?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Is CK headed for Afghanistan?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Imagine CK in Afghanistan.

hey guys, SIPs plays going off toni-- *gun shot*

That's why you belong here with us, CK. You're safe and sound.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

?old soldiers never die, they just fade away?....

Tyrone

EOG Veteran

Imagine CK in Afghanistan.

hey guys, SIPs plays going off toni-- *gun shot*

That's why you belong here with us, CK. You're safe and sound.

Would someone please tell what a SIP play is?

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i think anyone who makes a retirement speech should get an automatic 3 month ban courtesy of Kinger.

Sleepy

EOG Master

The funny thing is 90% of the time the departure lasts less than 1 week.