8 and 1 in the last 9 games and gets fired?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Does that make sense? I know the schedule was favorable the second half. But, Miami was playing decent football. Just no patience with Tua. Treated Fitzpatrick like dirt!

I guess there is an unlimited pot of players and coaches looking for a contract but this might be the least desired franchise to work for in the NFL?

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
I would take Herbert but that does not mean the dolphins can’t win games with Tua. Have to find the right pieces around Tua so it works. Mainly an O line that can protect him.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Joe Burrow was taken with the #1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Tua #5 and Justin #6.

Burrow is 25 years old with a career passer rating of 97.8 and of course, a Super Bowl appearance.

kane

EOG master
▪ What about this criticism that he cannot throw the ball downfield well enough? That’s out the window. He already has five completions of 40 yards or longer, three for touchdowns. Both of the late TD throws to Tyreek Hill traveled more than 40 air yards. Per Next Gen Stats, one of those passes traveled 55.5 air yards.

And on all throws that traveled at least 20 air yards this season, he’s 6 for 10 for 204 yards. Last season, he was 14 for 29 on such throws. So since the start of last season, Tagovailoa has completed 20 of 39 passes that have traveled at least 20 air yards. That 51.3 completion percentage is second best since the start of last season, behind only Justin Herbert (55.7 percent, 39 for 70).

kane

EOG master
Since the start of last season, Tua's completion % on throws of 20+ yards is second in the league, hopefully we can stop all the "Tua can't throw the deep ball" talk

kane

EOG master
No, Tua will likely never be as good as Herbert, but that's okay, he doesn't have to be as good as Herbert for his team to have success

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
He played a good game today. The team won and that is all that matters. So many qb's get ruined by idiot impatient owners. This was very close to happening to Tua.
Now Tua is adapting and the offense is changing to fit him.

kane

EOG master
I like to study the body language of coaches and athletes.

After the Bills lost to the Dolphins last Sunday, I was disappointed in Josh Allen when he rested his head on Tua's shoulder.

Looked like a sign of weakness.

Tsk tsk.

I know that's how it looked, but I think he was lowering his head so he could hear what Tua was saying, it was very loud and he probably needed to lean in to hear, the camers angle made it look awkward

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I know that's how it looked, but I think he was lowering his head so he could hear what Tua was saying, it was very loud and he probably needed to lean in to hear, the camers angle made it look awkward

I didn't see that at all, KANE.

I might buy a fatigue excuse.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Wouldn’t it be something if down the road it was Tua and the Eagle QB in that same kind of photo?

boston massacre

EOG Master
I like to study the body language of coaches and athletes.

After the Bills lost to the Dolphins last Sunday, I was disappointed in Josh Allen when he rested his head on Tua's shoulder.

Tsk tsk.

Allen Played In That Over 100 Degree Heat and Humidity For Over 40 Minutes.

Tua, Less Than 20 Minutes.

Allen Ran 90 Plays. 63 Passes.

Tua Ran 39 Plays. 20 Passes.

Allen Had 497 Total Yards

Tua Had 212 Total Yards.

Sure As Hell Didn't See Any Weakness In Allen's Play Against Miami.

Don't Know Any Athlete, Who Wouldn't Be Looking To Rest After That Performance.

If It Was Rest.

On Tua's Shoulder.

Then, Bad Location.